Eaton Employee Reviews

Active, quick learner
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada13 March 2017
Typical working days starts at 8am with morning 15 minutes safety meeting, normal review of customer orders, and on-going monitoring and supervision of the production line.
Pros
groups gathering, dady day, social activities, etc.
Cons
working on weekens
Friendly and focused atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2017
This company is extremely professional, and job focused. They treat their staff with fair compensation. The downside is: they are prone to slow down periods and frequent layoffs.
Pros
Fair and competitive wages
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Excellent company to work for
Regional Service Sales Manager, Ontario (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
fast paced environment, tight deadlines, learned quite a bit of other aspects of the electrical industry. Overall a very enjoyable work culture. A leader in their industry.
Good for build up your carrier with team work
Panel board Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Good to work three, Good salary and benefits, taking care for employs. I enjoy to work.company provide good training for related to job.
Productivity and challenging work processess
Supervisor OPEX Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Haina, Dominican Republic4 August 2016
* In a typical day at Eaton the most important is to assure that all the variables are working properly in order to accomplish the daily production load and quality specifications.
* I learned that always thinks can be improved.
* In the management is very important to be align the business needs with metrics and daily activities.
* The co-workers must be part of your project plans and me of them.
* The hardest part of the job is when the changes does not depend of your direct actions.
* The most enjoyable part is when you get the results with the combination of a a good project plan and execution getting the business goals and the team well-being.
Pros
Excellent training and development plan for employees
Best place to learn and work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 July 2016
Best office environment with professional people.
 Reconcile customer’s accounts and help to resolve invoicing discrepancies and disputes
 Set up collection call list. Ensures the timely and accurate payment
 Process debit/credit card payments. Applying payments to the Assets Receivable Module
 Review the accuracy of account information and classification, maintain customer files
 Assist in the process of new account application, conduct credit checks, obtain trade references
Challenging and motivating workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
I managed over 15 employees by setting a good example of an ethical hard working manager.
Adjusting sales strategy in weekly bases and as needed
Coach and trained employees.
Turning and unsatisfied customer into happy and loyal customer by listening and understanding their need and going extra mile to provide the assistance and the help needed.
Constant changing environment but a fairly stable job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
It is just like any other job, love hate relationship.
Sometimes you are just too busy and sometimes, there is nothing to do. I learnt about marketing, technical support and I also learnt some project management. There was not too much management involvement that affected me, I felt like I was responsible for myself most of the time as the management team did not deliver the messages I had. Sometimes, co-workers will take advantage of you and give you more responsibilities and management will do nothing to change that. Adapting to the environment described above can be tough but it is a good company overall but there were no job advancement for me and I could not get any other positions with the company. I enjoyed spending time with some of my co-workers and customers, a lot of communication skills are needed and I felt like I developed a lot of it with my position.
They advertise themselves as having competitive salary but it is not.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
co-workers taking advantage, no motivation, blaming others
Very good company to work for
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 August 2015
Every morning there was a meeting letting all of us know if we were ahead or behind. For me that was very helpful. I learned a lot.
great place to work
3 weeks / Temp Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2015
would have like to keep working there, but was only a temp job. It was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with the staff, it was a positive environment.
Pros
great hours
ok- not great
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2015
good to work if your older and want a safe workplace, definitely a more of an end of life job( gets you pension and moderate job security)
Pros
Safe, Clean, Employeees are great
Cons
Median Age of workers is like 40+, Communication isn't clear, conflicting ideas
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2015
NIce people to work wit hand for. opportunity o travel and learn. you get to work with lots of different equipment and learn many things.
Good Company for Electrical Engineers
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2015
A good company with a reasonable amount of variety in their work. While there are positions for Mechanical Engineers, there is very little mobility or opportunity for advancement outside of a small number of positions. Electrical engineers have significantly more mobility and opportunity for advancement in the company.
Pros
Friendly employees
Nice clean place to work, great management and coworkers, nice cafeteria
Electrical Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON25 February 2015
I have to say it was such a pleasure working for Eaton, management and coworkers were easy going and respectful. The production floor and building in general was well maintained, there was no health or safety issues, employee lunch room was also kept neat and tidy. My most enjoyable time at Eaton was working with fantastic coworkers.
Pros
Company Perks, such as free dinners and donuts
Cons
Low wages
Over regulated
Production Aluminum MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2015
To many rules make what could be a fun job very miserable. Managers and safety coordinators are incompetent and micro-manage.
Pros
simple jobs
Cons
Bad Managers
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
Eaton's Cooper Lighting Division - Project Coordinator

I have had a great time working at Eatons Cooper Lighting Business. I would like to further grow my career, and there currently are not very many opportunities here. The work was always challenging and I learned alot of the Electrical Industry, lighting products and related products as well as business.
Pros
Good pay
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 August 2014
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs.
Pros
Fare benifits
Cons
The office didn't seem to have control of the people
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 July 2014
Very friendly atmosphere and productive . we were able to maintain cash flow and increased performance
good and productive work place
Panelboard Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2014
I enjoy to work there with good team work. and nice training for work related.
Good company to work for
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2014
Pursue personal career growth

Good company to work for. Opportunities in the job work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval