easyhome Ltd.

easyhome Ltd. Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
while easyhome is a great place to work, it does not provide a good work/life balance for mothers with young ones at home. the hours are not flexible. I love the people i work with, they make the day so much better. Especially since it is under new management.
Hired/Not hired?
Retention (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: don't give up your existing job for this one
Hired given a date for start which had to be confirmed, but then never received a call back. 3 visits one included 41/2 hour training, (unpaid) gave up a part time position so I was prepared to fill full time schedule. 2 weeks later another store location called. Told I would definitely receive a call back but never heard form them. Unorganized company.
Time for a change
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good bonus structure
Cons: long hours
Looking to start a career I am passionate about. I went from the bottom of the chain so to speak and worked my way up the ladder to managing my own store. Now that I have some experience under my belt, I would like to find a job that is better suited for me.
Fast Paced, Friendly, Moderately Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABDecember 12, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: small staff
While at Easyhome, I loved the people I worked with, the customers and the networking. I loved the concept of what this company provides, and I think that is what made it the hardest to leave. A typical day consisted of a lot of phone work, whether it was collections, sales, marketing, or information, I seemed to be consistently on the phone talking to customers or co-workers. I loved this, I am a very social person by nature. The incentives they have are amazing, and the benefits where there too. Almost the complete package.

There where very few negatives about working at Easyhome, we did have some tough times, mostly with the lack of morale. It made you dislike coming to work knowing that in such a small store, it only took one person having a bad day to destroy the whole teams.
Entry Level Management only Capable of Managing Entry Level Employees
Collections (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: some financial incentives
Cons: entry level environment with zero professionalism and very micro managed
There are some nice financial incentives but you will need to be the best in the office to obtain them. Expect no help from your management or training. Training is pathetic. You will watch idiotic film clips of irrelevant material rather than spending time on what is important such as learning their software systems. Management is very entry level lacking any professional training or university exposure. There is ZERO professionalism. Management will leave for the day without saying goodbye for example and instead say something such as "Get the Money". No class. It is very entry level and very very very micro managed. It will be brought to your attention if you use the washroom outside of your break time for example. Expect a McDonalds environment.
Retention
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Vernon, BCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: coworkers are fun and easy to get along with
Cons: late nights away from my family
I send out letters to past due accounts and make 3 rounds of calls daily to the same past due customers trying to get them in to make their payments. I answer questions via phone, email and text from all customers. Help customers find the product they are looking for, if its not in my store I look at other store inventory and have it transferred if I cant find it in any store I then place an order for it. I enjoy when I get a severely past due account that is about to charge off and go to a 3rd party collection agency repossessed or paid in full
Great job to have no life, will face discrimination with advancement
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible pay, bad management, very stressful, very demanding with no rewards
A typical day at work would be showing up, having to answer all the phone calls coming in, having to help every customer that walked through the door (cause the manager was to busy playing video games or watching the latest episode on netflix, you'll have constant pressure to get sales, constant pressure to keep the collections down. You can work your but off but nobody will ever notice, cause easyhome DOES NOT give people the opportunity to advance!
awesome
Store manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2014
Pros: amazing customer, very rewarding to help people out
Cons: no life beyond work, expectations way to high. extremely stressful job
Awesome place to work if you want to work alot, and never have to days off in a row, great salary and benefits, awful upper management. if you have half a brain and know what your doing they just fire other staff and expect you to hold the ground, and when you fail they demote you and cut your salary by alot and expect you to survive.company is great but they need to look at the higher up managemnet not store level...
good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLJune 16, 2014
good place to work, good manager, liked to work there. Management was good and coworkers were great. Good working hours.
Good in the meantime job
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Merritt, BCMay 27, 2014
challenging and fun depending on you coworkers. worked here for almost a year
Easyhome
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
Good employees
Enjoyed job freedom
Job was fairly easy
Learned a lot about sales and leasing
Friendly co workers and management
Life sucking hole
DS/ forced into LS (Former Employee), BrantfordFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Nothing but liars and broken promises...pass the buck...and that's to their employees...treated their customers even worse...worked it for 3 years cus I needed the job....so stressful It caused me to have panic attacks even just entering the plaza lot after I stopped working there.
Lots of fun with the co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: encountered critters more often than not
Typical day would be loading the truck and heading off to a customers to house to deliver furniture or repossess it if needs be.

Came across a lot of different races and living styles.
It was a good job but not career potential for me.
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits and awesome co workers
Cons: unpredictable hours, no family time
My typical day there was to come in make calls, lease out furniture and electronics and file. It was very repetitive which is okay but there is really no where to go with this company and you can only learn so much here.
Manager
Store manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: bonuses and a fun work environment
Cons: long hours
This company has treated me well, with great bonuses and incentives as well as awards and certificates. I would recommend anyone apply as it is a great place to work.
Great Incentives
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours for store managers, never get the proper time off
The company consistently has incentives to help the store managers drive the business.
Difficult place to work
Delivery/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: the physical workout aspect
Cons: terrible management, pay and fear of safety
I worked here for just over a year and it was turbulent time. There was little room for advancement and the pay increase didnt happen. Had to deal with people with little credit that were on many occasions defensive and confrontational. Repossessing furniture it was made me quit, had a gun pulled on me by a "customer" who didnt want to return their very late unpaid products and was already headed to jail.
the best part of working for this company is the people
LEASING SPECIALISH (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2013
Pros: meeting many people
Cons: working every sat
I have worked at EasyHome for 5yrs during this time i have met many people both as co-workers and customer many have become friends My days are usually busy starting with making sure store is ready for customers at 10am . I vac-dust-restock floor- answer messages-check float and sign off prepare marketing letters and send.I do collection calls.Hardest part of job is tell current customer that they cant have more product based on their income.Part i love the most is when people get what they want or need and they are so happy about it.Our company does not do credit checks
fun...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Parry Sound, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pros: once a week bouns
Cons: long hours
was good working for this company ...long hours had too work very hard for a small town too get your weekly bouns ...the most fun out of the job was my co-workers.i give this company over all rating a 7 out of 10 for a work places.
Fair wages
Driver/Collection Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2013
Pros: monthly incentive bonuses, free lunches
Cons: long hours, overbooking, breaking of set rules
Typical day at work is clock in, daily truck inspection, check delivery book for the day, load deliveries, acquire the correct paper work and complete delivery, Get paperwork signed, return to the store, assemble furniture, repair and clean furniture and appliances, clean store, assist customers with payment or inquiries, clock out, count nightly deposit and secure and close the store, drop off the nightly deposit.

About easyhome Ltd.

easyhome Ltd. is Canada's largest merchandise lease company, and the third largest in North America, offering top-quality, brand – Read more