Report to Sales Manager, manage the sale of easy-conveyors within a defined geographic area or sales territory, call on customers and prospective new accounts, Systems Integrators, Industrial Contractors, Material Handling Companies, Industrial Machinery Distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers, develop accounts and implement sales plans for increasing sales of easy–conveyors in the territory.
Collaborate with inter-company personnel and departments to establish sales and operations budgets, manage the activities in the assigned sales territory, identifiy and develop key-accounts promoting the sale and distribution of easy-conveyors, work with independent manufacturers agents and the easy-conveyors sales support team, administer sales policy and procedures, develop strategic, key and target accounts, make sales and PowerPoint presentations, train manufacturers agents and account personnel, generate budget and firm quotations, demonstrate to accounts and customers how to use easy-conveyors configurator.
MAIN JOB TASKS & POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to and meet directly with key-accounts and prospective customers in the assigned sales territory, communicates by phone, email and web conferencing.
- Make easy-conveyors presentations to existing and potential new accounts.
- Monitor account activity, utilize telemarketing and database resource tools to generate sales-leads and prospective sales opportunities, responsible for organizing and scheduling daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi and annual appointments, must demonstrate effective sales territory organization and management.
- Develop and manage customer accounts, to manage commercial and technical requirements, meet with owners, engineering, finance, operations, manufacturing and other departments to fully understand customer needs.
- Prepare sales proposals, technical support documents, quotations and contracts
- Develop and maintain detailed records of customer correspondence and sales activity using SalesForce.
- Work with internal company departments, inside sales, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, accounting to ensure quoted deliverables and product specifications are met
- On behalf of easy-conveyors; attend and participate in trade shows, exhibitions and other sales and marketing events.
- Generate and undertake research to identify new accounts using networking techniques, target marketing, business associations, trade publications, online database services, Google, GlobalSpec and similar resources to identify potential new easy-conveyors customers.
- Interface with customer operations, engineers and technicians to develop CAD and line layout drawings, calculate and make conveyor application recommendations based on customer products and processing specifications.
- Cultivate effective customer business relationships with executive decision makers and key plant and operations personnel.
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues, prepare sales action plans and strategies, prepare annual budgets, schedule and manage sales activity.
- Monitor and collect competitor materials, price information, catalogs, brochures, new product introductions, identify competitors customers, distributors, direct sales people and sales representatives.
- Initiate, compile and process customer credit applications in accordance with company accounting practice
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years verifiable industrial sales experience, possess an in depth knowledge of the North American conveyor industry or equivalent sales experience in material handling logistics.
- Formal engineering or certified technical accreditation or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diversified organization and sales team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Google Docs
- Expertise with SalesForce or similar CRM sales database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player with sound business acumen
- Responsible for the implementation, development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned sales territory.
- A consummate professional, excellent dress sense, comfortable at senior management and shop floor levels.
- Must be self-motivated and persuasive with an outgoing social personality, goal driven with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Have extensive experience in making individual and group sales calls and presentations to a broad range of diversified accounts and customers.
- Possess technical analytical skills, including process and production line analyses, proficient in preparing CAD drawings and developing line-layouts, possess a practical understanding of electrical controls and conveyor drives, familiar with fabrication and machine shop practice.
- Possess excellent oral and written English communication skills with the ability to write detailed account notes, follow-up action plans and sales call reports
- Problem analysis and problem-solving capabilities
TRAVEL & TERRITORY COVERAGE
- Must have a clean driving record, valid passport and credentials for travel to and within the USA
- Free of obligations to travel to customers and prospective accounts in Canada and USA
- Requires 8 to 10 overnights monthly, with 2 or 3 consecutive overnight and travel days
The Regional Sales Representative shall undergo progressive performance reviews; evaluations will focus on key competences, selling skills, personnel and territory organization, closing ratio, sales training, sales compared to budget and new account development.
We are seeking a person with conveyor specific experience, that can deliver new business, who is free to travel Eastern Canada and Eastern USA. Must be capable of delivering $2/3M in annual sales. We are offering salary and benefits starting in the $50K range with commission, expenses and car allowance. There is an opportunity for advancement.
Since 1894 George A. Wright & Son has been building a tradition of quality and customer satisfaction. We have grown to become a turnkey...