Eastlink

Eastlink Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GOOD ORGANIZATION FOR ENTRY LEVEL
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 28, 2014
Pros: commissions and
Cons: long hours, high call volumes
A typical day at work, involved coming in, logging into my phone system,and taking inbound calls from internal and external customers,The calls range from billing inquiries,sales consultancy,tailoring products and services to meet the needs of customers based on your conversation with them,It also involves trying to de-escalate situations to promote an overall positive experience for the customer,I learnt how to deal with different people and how to be patient,I also learnt various skills due to the ever changing nature of the system,We had trainings everytime to equip us with new skills and procedures,Co-workers were awesome, and very supportive,The hardest part of the job was the difficult customers and the huge number of changes that affected customers at a go,the call volumes sky rocketed,I enjoyed the positive conversations i had and the games and cool prizes to motivate you
High-paced tech environment
Business Provisioning Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hands on experience in the developing telephony field
Cons: isolated workplace
A daily part of my responsibilities was to talk to technicians in the field and provide them with internal support with modems and telephone, as well as to liaison between the customers needs and the sales staff.
During my tenure with Eastlink I learned to refine my communication skills, as well as hone my technical abilities with our office tools, and how to be an effective part of the team.

Between my manager and co-workers, we were able to streamline our installation process, providing our customers with a fast and reliable service.

At times it was difficult to juggle numerous projects, with several installers calling in at once, but this was offset by an excellent team I was working with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that I played an integral role in each installation, and getting to know my co-workers, some of which have become lifetime friends.
Hours worked in excess of standard hours are be paid for at the overtime rate.
Customer Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: Breaks and Lunches feature Management, supervisor questioning and review, as well as the odd pancakes
Cons: Mandatory overtime part of the job culture
This employer repeatedly and consistently satisfied the Minister of Labour that 'exceptional' circumstances make extra hours necessary, permits specifying the number of hours employees may work "over a limited period" had been granted since 2012 that had been allowed to expire for periods not exceeding 3 months.
Permits haven't been observed to also exempt this employer from the "day of rest" requirement to my knowledge. Applications are regularly made 60 days in advance, and the application for the permit is being posted for employees to see for at least 30 days prior to its proposed effective date. Obtaining a permit does not exempt the employer from the obligation to pay overtime.
Challenging job, involving continuous learning and interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits, variety of the work
Cons: sitting for long periods of time at the computer can be tiring.
A typical day consists of taking incoming calls from both internal and external customers, responding to inquiries about products, service and pricing, answering billing questions and making necessary adjustments to accounts, entering workorders for service connection into the computer system, processing account payments, resolving customer issues. The job requires working within a team environment and being supportive of other team members, as well as taking individual responsibility for responding to each customer's needs. Building good rapport with co-workers is important. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being unable to resolve the customer's issue to their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting many different types of people on the phone.
Not the best spot to work, but I learned a lot.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Halifax NSAugust 20, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about technical support - worked with some great, incredibly smart people.
Cons: everything else.
I came out of school and directly to this position. I believe it was a bad decision, but my loyalty and need to pay the bills made me stay here. I did learn a lot about technical support, and computers in general.

The environment was harsh, a monitored call center environment with a consistent call volume. If I was off the phone for more than 30 seconds, I was questioned. One time, I was followed to the bathroom by a manager. After one minute, he knocked on the door and asked me if everything "was ok".

Technical support was as well, left out of all the company rewards, as these were reserved for sales people. It didn't create a good morale.

Again, shiftwork. It's very tough on the body.
Great place to work, Lots of overtime if you want it
ADVANCED SYSTEM TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Three Hills, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: tools/gas/vehicle are paid for
Cons: lots of travelling
Typically you are working in your own as alberta is a very spread out place, especially if you are working in the middle of no where..But help is always a phone call away if you need it. There is a great group of people to work with but head office is in Halifax so there is a little bit of a time/schedule issue while trying to get things done. If you really want to work for this company Id probably have some kind of experience because they tend to throw you into the fire right away..the pay is great, but you have to take tests to move up the ladder..so if you know your stuff about cable you can do really well, onwards up to $35-38 dollars an hour.
Was a good place to work at the start.
Employee (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: paid the bills for the time i was there.
Cons: bad management
Some really great co-workers. Most non-management employees care about the customer. Above that, no one cares. High turnover rate in both management and non management make it very hard to compete in the Telco service industry. Decisions are made with no idea as of what the repercussions will be until it's too late [closing of tech support offices]. Very rarely see a supervisor for meetings, yet he/she is responsible for a yearly review of your work?? The good managers are too afraid to correct the bad ones for fear of the corporate kick out the door so it will never change.
An okay place to work
Digital Cable Tech (contract) (Former Employee), halifax nsApril 30, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere and get too travle around ns
Cons: poor management
Day at work: come in if you got put in appointments you would go set up your car if not you would be making calls all day.

What did I learn: how to setup and install cable boss.

Management: some of the supervisor were good but the main boss was rarely in and would leave for hrs and not tell anyone and would give his buddy's get away with a lot like coming in 2 hrs late.

Hardest part of the job: trying to find some of the homes :P

Enjoyable part of the job: you got to go and drive around NS and help people with their TV problems
challenging at time but rewarding at same time
Business support coordinator (Current Employee), Sudbury ont.August 20, 2015
Pros: like working with techs on-site
Cons: poor rate of pay
typical day would be meeting with tech's to ensure that job goes without any trouble. very rewarding to see happy customer knowing they just switched providers without a headache and at the same time saving money. co-workers as a whole are all pretty good, the most difficult part of the job is getting projects off the ground without a million meetings. overall not a bad place to work pay could be alot better though.
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: sales incentives and cool prizes
Cons: too much emphasis on sales
Customer sales and service consultant, co-workers and support team are great, there is a good support system in place, however the job itself is becoming too monotonous and one gets the feeling of being thrown under the bus by most management decisions,the call volumes are out of this world due to a lot of price and service changes that upset the customers a lot,so lots of angry people to deal with and there is still pressure for you to sell on every call
Didn't like it here at all!!
Technical Service and Support Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2013
Absolutely NO freedom to trouble shoot in a way your most comfortable.
Very little chance to promote from within despite what the management feed you.
I'm not one for a call centre environment and this is exactly what Eastlink has become.

I liked the people I worked with and helping customers.. I didn't like the feeling of being watched every second and being told I can't laugh with my friends at work.

Happy I'm gone.
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Commercial Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours during busy periods of the month
performed commercial accounts receivable/collections duties following company polices

performed credit checks for residential and commercial clients for wireless services and products using Equifax and TransUnion

great co-workers as they were friendly, helpful, crucial in my development and growth within the department

challenging dealing with various escalated situations working with clients with overdue balances, credit reviews, and account management

enjoyable assisting other professional organizations with their overdue balances
Great place to work with loads of opportunity for advancement, and great training exercises.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Truro, NSJune 5, 2013
Pros: training, good commission
Cons: n/a
Great company from head to toe. Very well managed company, where the lines of communication are fluent and well maintained. Employees have loads of support from one another and there is always help available if you're stumped on an issue. They offer great training exercises which helped better my skills as a sales rep.
Great company that believes in its employees
Sr. Manager Tech Support and Vendor Relations (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 19, 2015
Eastlink is a wonderful place to work, a place where you can truly build a career. The learning opportunities are endless, the rapidly changing industry keeps things fresh and new.
100% Canadian owned and operated, and consistantly ranks as one of Canada's Top 50 Employers
Efficient and Enjoyable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 13, 2015
The work is rewarding, the fellow employees are kind and helpful, and the transition from easier months to tight deadlines is smooth and efficiently controlled. I have learned a great deal about the financial workings of a large business, and how to effectively manage my time. Reasonable managers and space to operate and learn. A solid workplace.
Enjoyed doing this type of work.
Customer Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: playing games to motivate our teams.
Cons: not all were participating in the games :(
Always a different challenge everyday. Hardest part of the job was being a social worker (which I was not trained for) and trying to offer a solution to their problem. In the end I was able to find a solution which was a win win for the company.
Eastlink was a wonderful company to work for...they cared about their employees.
Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee), Sudbury,ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: our department being terminated
Cons: great work experience
The most enjoyable part of this job was ...the inter acting with customers and my coworkers...it sounds like I;m making this up but I loved it there.
Entry Level Sales
CSR/Technical Support/Abuse Coordinator (Current Employee), Dartmouth Crossing, NSOctober 31, 2013
Pros: comprehensive benefits package and competitive wage.
Cons: public transit limited.
A highly driven fast paced sales environment with focus placed on results. Recommended for entry level. Average experience required. Great coworkers and benefits. Challenging targets. Little opportunity for advancement.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), DartmouthMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company pizza
Cons: late nights
Great atmosphere, made some new friends, ran into some old ones. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people on the phone. Would much rather deal with people face to face as opposed to on the phone.
Ever changing which allowed for learning and multitasking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 7, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Ever changing schedule
I learned a lot while I was there. I did not like the ever changing schedule. I was able to work from home which was great. I enjoyed the interaction with so many people over the phone.