Eastlink

Eastlink Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High-paced tech environment
Business Provisioning Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hands on experience in the developing telephony field
Cons: isolated workplace
A daily part of my responsibilities was to talk to technicians in the field and provide them with internal support with modems and telephone, as well as to liaison between the customers needs and the sales staff.
During my tenure with Eastlink I learned to refine my communication skills, as well as hone my technical abilities with our office tools, – more... and how to be an effective part of the team.

Between my manager and co-workers, we were able to streamline our installation process, providing our customers with a fast and reliable service.

At times it was difficult to juggle numerous projects, with several installers calling in at once, but this was offset by an excellent team I was working with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that I played an integral role in each installation, and getting to know my co-workers, some of which have become lifetime friends. – less
Co-op position
Accounts Receivable Representative Part-time (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 5, 2014
This was a co-op position, but I learnt many things at this position. The co-workers were good and so was the management.
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: sales incentives and cool prizes
Cons: too much emphasis on sales
Customer sales and service consultant, co-workers and support team are great, there is a good support system in place, however the job itself is becoming too monotonous and one gets the feeling of being thrown under the bus by most management decisions,the call volumes are out of this world due to a lot of price and service changes that upset the customers – more... a lot,so lots of angry people to deal with and there is still pressure for you to sell on every call – less
An okay place to work
Digital Cable Tech (contract) (Former Employee), halifax nsApril 30, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere and get too travle around ns
Cons: poor management
Day at work: come in if you got put in appointments you would go set up your car if not you would be making calls all day.

What did I learn: how to setup and install cable boss.

Management: some of the supervisor were good but the main boss was rarely in and would leave for hrs and not tell anyone and would give his buddy's get away with a lot like – more... coming in 2 hrs late.

Hardest part of the job: trying to find some of the homes :P

Enjoyable part of the job: you got to go and drive around NS and help people with their TV problems – less
a fast-paced company with bad management
Network Administrator II (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 29, 2014
this is a quite fact moving company and have a lot of investment in many IT/communication fields but management is so bad that the corporate culture is still a joke.
Not as good as it used to be
I'd rather not say (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 19, 2014
Management very focus on managing the people and not the work.
Efforts to save money across the company have increasingly led to the workplace being less enjoyable.
Very little chance to promote from within.
Didn't like it here at all!!
Technical Service and Support Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2013
Absolutely NO freedom to trouble shoot in a way your most comfortable.
Very little chance to promote from within despite what the management feed you.
I'm not one for a call centre environment and this is exactly what Eastlink has become.

I liked the people I worked with and helping customers.. I didn't like the feeling of being watched every second – more... and being told I can't laugh with my friends at work.

Happy I'm gone. – less
Entry Level Sales
CSR/Technical Support/Abuse Coordinator (Current Employee), Dartmouth Crossing, NSOctober 31, 2013
Pros: comprehensive benefits package and competitive wage.
Cons: public transit limited.
A highly driven fast paced sales environment with focus placed on results. Recommended for entry level. Average experience required. Great coworkers and benefits. Challenging targets. Little opportunity for advancement.
Not the best spot to work, but I learned a lot.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Halifax NSAugust 20, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about technical support - worked with some great, incredibly smart people.
Cons: everything else.
I came out of school and directly to this position. I believe it was a bad decision, but my loyalty and need to pay the bills made me stay here. I did learn a lot about technical support, and computers in general.

The environment was harsh, a monitored call center environment with a consistent call volume. If I was off the phone for more than 30 seconds, – more... I was questioned. One time, I was followed to the bathroom by a manager. After one minute, he knocked on the door and asked me if everything "was ok".

Technical support was as well, left out of all the company rewards, as these were reserved for sales people. It didn't create a good morale.

Again, shiftwork. It's very tough on the body. – less
Great place to work with loads of opportunity for advancement, and great training exercises.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Truro, NSJune 5, 2013
Pros: training, good commission
Cons: n/a
Great company from head to toe. Very well managed company, where the lines of communication are fluent and well maintained. Employees have loads of support from one another and there is always help available if you're stumped on an issue. They offer great training exercises which helped better my skills as a sales rep.
Challenging job, involving continuous learning and interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits, variety of the work
Cons: sitting for long periods of time at the computer can be tiring.
A typical day consists of taking incoming calls from both internal and external customers, responding to inquiries about products, service and pricing, answering billing questions and making necessary adjustments to accounts, entering workorders for service connection into the computer system, processing account payments, resolving customer issues. – more... The job requires working within a team environment and being supportive of other team members, as well as taking individual responsibility for responding to each customer's needs. Building good rapport with co-workers is important. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being unable to resolve the customer's issue to their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting many different types of people on the phone. – less
Enjoyed doing this type of work.
Customer Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: playing games to motivate our teams.
Cons: not all were participating in the games :(
Always a different challenge everyday. Hardest part of the job was being a social worker (which I was not trained for) and trying to offer a solution to their problem. In the end I was able to find a solution which was a win win for the company.
Deploying wireless network from scratch
Sim & Device Specialist/ Project Manager (Current Employee), halifaxJanuary 7, 2013
Eastlink is well known company in Maritimes canada. Offers services in cable, internet and home phone. Bought AWS spectrum few years ago and now will be launching Wireless services to there customers in Feb 2013. I got this awesome oppertunity 3 years ago to work with eatslink and get a very unique exp. Since day 1, i have learned a lot. And Being a – more... small company, i got lots of exposure working with different teams. I can proudly say i i know 80% people work in wireless group which is very rare when you work in big companies. I have learned a lot here. And now i would like to use this knowledge somewhere else. – less

Eastlink Photos