Eastlink

Eastlink Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not as good as it used to be
I'd rather not say (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 19, 2014
Management very focus on managing the people and not the work.
Efforts to save money across the company have increasingly led to the workplace being less enjoyable.
Very little chance to promote from within.
Didn't like it here at all!!
Technical Service and Support Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2013
Absolutely NO freedom to trouble shoot in a way your most comfortable.
Very little chance to promote from within despite what the management feed you.
I'm not one for a call centre environment and this is exactly what Eastlink has become.

I liked the people I worked with and helping customers.. I didn't like the feeling of being watched every second – more... and being told I can't laugh with my friends at work.

Happy I'm gone. – less
Entry Level Sales
CSR/Technical Support/Abuse Coordinator (Current Employee), Dartmouth Crossing, NSOctober 31, 2013
Pros: comprehensive benefits package and competitive wage.
Cons: public transit limited.
A highly driven fast paced sales environment with focus placed on results. Recommended for entry level. Average experience required. Great coworkers and benefits. Challenging targets. Little opportunity for advancement.
Eastlink - Not as good as it used to be
I'd rather not say (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: low pay
Significantly underpaid compared to similar positions at similar companies. Management was generally good. Co-Workers were excellent.

Efforts to save money across the company have increasingly led to the workplace being less enjoyable, leading to outsourcing and layoffs, and an unstable feeling.
Great place to work with loads of opportunity for advancement, and great training exercises.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Truro, NSJune 5, 2013
Pros: training, good commission
Cons: n/a
Great company from head to toe. Very well managed company, where the lines of communication are fluent and well maintained. Employees have loads of support from one another and there is always help available if you're stumped on an issue. They offer great training exercises which helped better my skills as a sales rep.
Challenging job, involving continuous learning and interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits, variety of the work
Cons: sitting for long periods of time at the computer can be tiring.
A typical day consists of taking incoming calls from both internal and external customers, responding to inquiries about products, service and pricing, answering billing questions and making necessary adjustments to accounts, entering workorders for service connection into the computer system, processing account payments, resolving customer issues. – more... The job requires working within a team environment and being supportive of other team members, as well as taking individual responsibility for responding to each customer's needs. Building good rapport with co-workers is important. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being unable to resolve the customer's issue to their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting many different types of people on the phone. – less
Enjoyed doing this type of work.
Customer Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: playing games to motivate our teams.
Cons: not all were participating in the games :(
Always a different challenge everyday. Hardest part of the job was being a social worker (which I was not trained for) and trying to offer a solution to their problem. In the end I was able to find a solution which was a win win for the company.
Deploying wireless network from scratch
Sim & Device Specialist/ Project Manager (Current Employee), halifaxJanuary 7, 2013
Eastlink is well known company in Maritimes canada. Offers services in cable, internet and home phone. Bought AWS spectrum few years ago and now will be launching Wireless services to there customers in Feb 2013. I got this awesome oppertunity 3 years ago to work with eatslink and get a very unique exp. Since day 1, i have learned a lot. And Being a – more... small company, i got lots of exposure working with different teams. I can proudly say i i know 80% people work in wireless group which is very rare when you work in big companies. I have learned a lot here. And now i would like to use this knowledge somewhere else. – less