Eastlink Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in Tv
Producer/Reporter/Anchor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 May 2017
It's a fun atmosphere to work in. Meet new people on a daily basis. Challenging projets. Fun and entertaining. Sometimes working with old gear. Long hours but worth it.
Pros
Doesn't feel like work
Flexible
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS23 May 2017
Eastlink is the most flexible company I have worked for to date. My manager is accommodating and the atmosphere is fun and friendly. I feel valued as an employee
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay scale
Would never recommend if you want a long term job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS5 May 2017
This company will fire you out of the blue. If you are not on top of your sales everyday you will be talked to. You cannot miss any time, even if its an emergency they will hold it againt you. You can be top in your sales but you miss any time for anything they will fire you without notice. They hire too many people then watch you like a hawk to find any reason to fire you. They only like you as an employee when youre doing good.
Cons
No job security, will fire you out of nowhere
Very supportive and interactive team managers in all aspects of protocol and sales support
Telecommunications Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2017
Great team environment and a lot of sales support from team managers through discussions and meetings. All for improving in all areas of customer satisfaction and workplace.
Pros
Supportive, happy and upbeat work environment
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS4 April 2017
Very personalized atmosphere. Even when working from home I did not feel like a number. Every level within the company was accessible and I have had excellent rapport with all of my colleagues.
Bonne entreprise pour debuter dans le metier
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2017
C'est une bonne entreprise pour débuter, l'envirronement de trvail est correct, le management est correct, cependant le seul reproche que je me permettrai de faire est qu'il n'y a aucun mesure en place pour former les techniciens, c'est du chacun pour soi, tiens les bouquins va étudier !" donc si tu est quelqu'un de très ambitieux, prépare toi a une stagnation de quelques années avant d’être capable de dépasser les 55k par an.
Great Place for Entry Level Employment
Clients Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 February 2017
This was a great place to work at for entry Level Employment, with plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company.
great local company, management needs an overhaul
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 February 2017
Customer Care Call Center -

I was there for a long time before moving on and it I saw it go from a great place with ample staffing and management go to an over worked understaffed mismanaged mess.

used to be a great place to work where you would take overtime voluntarily because you enjoyed your job. The start of the decline was when they changed the commission structure to make it near impossible to make a decent commission other then the top few people that sold very well. this move made the new system impossible to track if they were actually giving you the money you earned or not. once this took place they start loosing a lot of staff because of loss of commission that can be substantial. they started adding new computer software that made working efficiently impossible. this made metrics harder to meet making it even harder to make commission and again loosing money. then they started a system of angering their customers that would blow back on the customer service with long hold times, ques that never ended and being berated by customers for 8 hours a day. once that started to blow over they would release something new that would upset customers and starting the cycle all over again.

Some of the team managers were great others were not up to par at all. upper management never seemed to understand some of the issues we were having and never tried to make changes to help, if anything the opposite.

it's unfortunate because they offer great pay, good benefits and used to be a joy to go to work and no its just the pay and benefits. That can be fine for some but
  more... others wont be able to take the pressure.

It might have changed since working there but from what I hear from friends that still do it is worse then before and no signs of getting any better.
Pros
Pay, benefits, location, local company.
Cons
management, pressure, customer abuse
Good People and Above Average Call Center Environment
Senior Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2017
The company is great to work for and has a strong sense of community. The people that work there are very personable and it's easy to get along with everyone. There is a fair amount of shift work involved in the call center that I worked but there is usually room to move around and possibly get an at-home position.
Overall, great company to work for but ....
Business Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2016
Eastlink overall is a great company to work for and overall treated me very well. Work/life balance was great for me, pay was good as well. Coworkers were supportive and at times made the environment more energetic.

However, the experience really is dependent on which department you are in as not all departments are treated equally. The management in my previous department started out top notch then quickly declined after new management was brought in. Morale was lower than ever and management definitely played favourites. Toxic is the best word to describe the atmosphere in that department when I left.

I would be willing to go back to Eastlink but not in that department.
Pros
Great work/life balance, great pay and benefits
Cons
Toxic environment depending on department; backstabbing is sadly commonplace.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 October 2016
Was a joy working for Eastlink. Everyone was great, managers were helpful, was disappointed when they downsized, but still keep in touch.
just bad
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS10 October 2016
not a fan since they are deceiving in their promises and they dont follow through as well moving up is not as easy and they prefer outsiders and they dont motivate their employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
no career opp further
Not Bad
Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 October 2016
Eastlink is not a bad company to work for. the family atmosphere is nice though. typical day involves helping customers and selling product.
Fun and Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ON28 September 2016
Great Company to work for. Everyone is supportive and work together as a team. They provided additional education to help you be the best in your role.
Pros
Flexible
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Halifax14 September 2016
company still stuck in past as work from home concept is still hard to believe for them. company would want employees to report to work in physical form even in snow storm regardless city warns against driving.

good atmosphere, good people. overall Good place to work.
Good Starter Job
Retail Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 August 2016
-bill payments & making sales
-learned customer needs come first
-manager & co workers great teamwork
-keeping up with emails
-a satisfied customer
Pros
Health Benefits and Commission
Cons
Breaks too short
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax17 May 2016
Work environment is ok, but should more structured. Investment in their people is not up to the level.
Management has a "family business" oriented view.
Mis-managed
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 May 2016
Company has management issues, and currently lacks direction. Employees showing dedication can move up the retail channel, however you may not want to.
Pros
Commission is high in high traffic locations
Cons
lack of professionalism, structure
A good place to work
Customer Service/ Retention Rep (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS19 April 2016
Loved working at Eastlink as I enjoy helping people.
Every day was a new day at Eastlink as I was on the phones and took inbound calls from customers either to have service set up as a new account or a customer asking for changes or billing questions. I took control of each and every call on an individual basis.
Great job for people wanting to join the sales industry
RESIDENTIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 April 2016
Go in, cash in my till.
I learned the different types of channels.
Management could have been better, I didn't receive a lot of feedback on how to deal with certain situations.
My coworkers were pretty great for the most part.
Dealing with angry customers who's cable/internet/home phone were shut off due to non payment. The hardest part was helping the customer calm down.
Pros
Location, Hours, Management
Cons
Not overly busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8