Eastlink

Eastlink Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Over all a great work environment!
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJune 3, 2015
Working for Eastlink consisted of being able to perform

troubleshooting and walkthroughs for Internet, phone, digital cable

and email issues. As well as booking technician appointments for the

ladder.
Hours worked in excess of standard hours are be paid for at the overtime rate.
Customer Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: Breaks and Lunches feature Management, supervisor questioning and review, as well as the odd pancakes
Cons: Mandatory overtime part of the job culture
This employer repeatedly and consistently satisfied the Minister of Labour that 'exceptional' circumstances make extra hours necessary, permits specifying the number of hours employees may work "over a limited period" had been granted since 2012 that had been allowed to expire for periods not exceeding 3 months.
Permits haven't been observed to also exempt this employer from the "day of rest" requirement to my knowledge. Applications are regularly made 60 days in advance, and the application for the permit is being posted for employees to see for at least 30 days prior to its proposed effective date. Obtaining a permit does not exempt the employer from the obligation to pay overtime.
ok job
Retail Sale Rep (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSApril 17, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . this job was great till I found something else, they had benefit and ok pay. the company itself was a joke but the people made it the way it was.
Ever changing which allowed for learning and multitasking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 7, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Ever changing schedule
I learned a lot while I was there. I did not like the ever changing schedule. I was able to work from home which was great. I enjoyed the interaction with so many people over the phone.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), DartmouthMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company pizza
Cons: late nights
Great atmosphere, made some new friends, ran into some old ones. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people on the phone. Would much rather deal with people face to face as opposed to on the phone.
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Commercial Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours during busy periods of the month
performed commercial accounts receivable/collections duties following company polices

performed credit checks for residential and commercial clients for wireless services and products using Equifax and TransUnion

great co-workers as they were friendly, helpful, crucial in my development and growth within the department

challenging dealing with various escalated situations working with clients with overdue balances, credit reviews, and account management

enjoyable assisting other professional organizations with their overdue balances
Was a good place to work at the start.
Employee (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: paid the bills for the time i was there.
Cons: bad management
Some really great co-workers. Most non-management employees care about the customer. Above that, no one cares. High turnover rate in both management and non management make it very hard to compete in the Telco service industry. Decisions are made with no idea as of what the repercussions will be until it's too late [closing of tech support offices]. Very rarely see a supervisor for meetings, yet he/she is responsible for a yearly review of your work?? The good managers are too afraid to correct the bad ones for fear of the corporate kick out the door so it will never change.
Sales and service a must.
Senior Product Advisor (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 12, 2015
Dealing with customer on a day to day, is a pleasure.
Sales and service is always interesting, and insuring the customers needs are met with respect, with a high level of professionalism.
Eastlink was a wonderful company to work for...they cared about their employees.
Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee), Sudbury,ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: our department being terminated
Cons: great work experience
The most enjoyable part of this job was ...the inter acting with customers and my coworkers...it sounds like I;m making this up but I loved it there.
GOOD ORGANIZATION FOR ENTRY LEVEL
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 28, 2014
Pros: commissions and
Cons: long hours, high call volumes
A typical day at work, involved coming in, logging into my phone system,and taking inbound calls from internal and external customers,The calls range from billing inquiries,sales consultancy,tailoring products and services to meet the needs of customers based on your conversation with them,It also involves trying to de-escalate situations to promote an overall positive experience for the customer,I – more... learnt how to deal with different people and how to be patient,I also learnt various skills due to the ever changing nature of the system,We had trainings everytime to equip us with new skills and procedures,Co-workers were awesome, and very supportive,The hardest part of the job was the difficult customers and the huge number of changes that affected customers at a go,the call volumes sky rocketed,I enjoyed the positive conversations i had and the games and cool prizes to motivate you – less
Great Company & Great People
Applications Server Administrator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 30, 2014
Management are eager to help staff succeed and grow their careers.
alright place to work.
engineer (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Was laid off due to downsizing to be "more effect and efficient". Always doing more with less and less.
High-paced tech environment
Business Provisioning Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hands on experience in the developing telephony field
Cons: isolated workplace
A daily part of my responsibilities was to talk to technicians in the field and provide them with internal support with modems and telephone, as well as to liaison between the customers needs and the sales staff.
During my tenure with Eastlink I learned to refine my communication skills, as well as hone my technical abilities with our office tools, and how to be an effective part of the team.

Between – more... my manager and co-workers, we were able to streamline our installation process, providing our customers with a fast and reliable service.

At times it was difficult to juggle numerous projects, with several installers calling in at once, but this was offset by an excellent team I was working with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that I played an integral role in each installation, and getting to know my co-workers, some of which have become lifetime friends. – less
Co-op position
Accounts Receivable Representative Part-time (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 5, 2014
This was a co-op position, but I learnt many things at this position. The co-workers were good and so was the management.
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: sales incentives and cool prizes
Cons: too much emphasis on sales
Customer sales and service consultant, co-workers and support team are great, there is a good support system in place, however the job itself is becoming too monotonous and one gets the feeling of being thrown under the bus by most management decisions,the call volumes are out of this world due to a lot of price and service changes that upset the customers a lot,so lots of angry people to deal with and there is still pressure for you to sell on every call
An okay place to work
Digital Cable Tech (contract) (Former Employee), halifax nsApril 30, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere and get too travle around ns
Cons: poor management
Day at work: come in if you got put in appointments you would go set up your car if not you would be making calls all day.

What did I learn: how to setup and install cable boss.

Management: some of the supervisor were good but the main boss was rarely in and would leave for hrs and not tell anyone and would give his buddy's get away with a lot like coming in 2 hrs late.

Hardest part of the job: trying to find some of the homes :P

Enjoyable part of the job: you got to go and drive around NS and help people with their TV problems
a fast-paced company with bad management
Network Administrator II (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 29, 2014
this is a quite fact moving company and have a lot of investment in many IT/communication fields but management is so bad that the corporate culture is still a joke.
Not as good as it used to be
I'd rather not say (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 19, 2014
Management very focus on managing the people and not the work.
Efforts to save money across the company have increasingly led to the workplace being less enjoyable.
Very little chance to promote from within.
Didn't like it here at all!!
Technical Service and Support Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2013
Absolutely NO freedom to trouble shoot in a way your most comfortable.
Very little chance to promote from within despite what the management feed you.
I'm not one for a call centre environment and this is exactly what Eastlink has become.

I liked the people I worked with and helping customers.. I didn't like the feeling of being watched every second and being told I can't laugh with my friends at work.

Happy I'm gone.
Entry Level Sales
CSR/Technical Support/Abuse Coordinator (Current Employee), Dartmouth Crossing, NSOctober 31, 2013
Pros: comprehensive benefits package and competitive wage.
Cons: public transit limited.
A highly driven fast paced sales environment with focus placed on results. Recommended for entry level. Average experience required. Great coworkers and benefits. Challenging targets. Little opportunity for advancement.