Eastern School District Employee Reviews in Canada

ok job
Maintenance Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 12, 2016
when i first started there it was a great job but to many bosses and not enough workers and there was always bosses telling you one thing and another telling you something esle
Pros
good benefits
Cons
to many bosses
Fun Fulfilling job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at my tutoring job would start at 8 am. I would go into classrooms or take students out for one-on-one tutoring. I learned to work with kids with lots of different learning styles and personalities. Management was very easy to get along with, I was trusted to cover the curriculum with little to no supervision. The hardest part of my job would have probably been working children who didn't speak English very well, but there we The most enjoyable part of the job was the fulfillment I received when my students would tell me that they learned things and they enjoyed working with me.
work enviroment is excellent
Casual call- in Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. John's NewfoundlandAugust 13, 2014
Fast paced, everyone worked together, co-workers and management were excellent , didn't have any issues with the job or getting my work done.
Pros
working together was an asset
Cons
the drive to and from work was to long.
student learning workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spaniards Bay, NLJuly 17, 2014
Taught for 5 hrs a day for 30 years. Enjoyed teaching and learning. Maintained a high standard of learning/teaching both with students and colleagues. The hardest part of the job was finally making a decision on if the student deserves to move on The most enjoyable part was that of student success.
Pros
students are learning for the future
Cons
under paid
Rewarding
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Northeast AvalonMarch 21, 2014
Teaching is a very enjoyable and rewarding career. Continuous learning environment.
Gratifying and satisfying work
Educational Assistant and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown PEJanuary 29, 2014
Able to work independently or as part of a team with kids from high needs to autistic kids and youth who are high risk and whose education may have been negatively impacted due to circumstances in their lives...I have learned that working with special needs kids is a very gratifying experience and that their outlook on life, despite their disabilities, is inspiring.
Productive work place with great supports and positive working environment.
Substitute Educational Assistant/Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 21, 2013
For the past two years I held positions working one-on-one with highly verbal and physically aggressive children. I was fortunate to have my own classroom to deliver curriculum and behavioral techniques necessary.

I worked closely with a team of professionals including teachers, Behavioral Specialists, Social Workers, administration, Occupational Therapists, Autism Specialists, Youth Workers and Educational Assistants.

I enjoyed working in these roles and I found it very rewarding to watch the progress of the children I worked with. I enjoy challenging behaviors as I like to utilize my skills on a daily basis and I believe I have great interpersonal skills and a positive attitude that allows me to connect with the people I work with.
Pros
having the opportunity to work independantly and as a team player.
Cons
working after hours to modify curriculium.
Interesting job with plenty of challenging duties
Call in Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dunville, Placentia and surrounding areasApril 20, 2013
The position is dealing with Children in a very confidential setting. Working with teachers and staff, which are great people to work with, and many programs to learn and interesting and fast paced.
Pros
flexible when need be.

4.6