To organize, promote, co-ordinate, and implement After School Activity Hour Program within the eastern region of Prince Edward Island. The after school program is an Eastern Region Sport & Recreation Council initiative that is designed to increase physical activity levels in elementary school children, thus assisting with reducing overweight and obesity in school age children.
This is a term-based position for approximately 6-8 weeks at a time with chance of renewal based on school partnerships.
There is potential for hiring FOUR Physical Activity Coordinator positions.
Qualified Candidate Shall Possess:
- Completion of High School
- Diploma or Degree in Recreation, Leisure Management, Kinesiology (considered an asset)
- Experience working with children (considered an asset)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and belief in the importance of physical activity and healthy living
- Computer skills
- Highly motivated and an ability to work independently
- Must have a valid Driver's License and vehicle, and willing to travel
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Be willing to work flexible hours immediately after school
For inquiries and resume submission, please contact:
Rachel Harper - Executive Director
The mission of the Eastern Region Sport & Recreation Council is to promote, encourage, and assist communities and citizens to...