Eastern Health System Employee Reviews

Food services
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2017
The food services is a great place to work for with all the great benefits and etc. some of the work requirements you I'll do is
. Serving patients/ preparing patients trays
. Lifting 30lbs + bending and pulling
.interacting with sick patients
. Preparing the trays in a time frame
Pros
Learning and interacting and helping patients
Cons
Hard on your feet and back
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2017
Good place to work, Needs more staff but management is good and full time hours available. Different shift hours available and benefits included. Great staff to work with.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Medical Records Techician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL8 August 2017
I get to work from home and have the option to start work earlier than the office use to open so it gives me more time to enjoy the day and i no longer have to deal with traffic.
Pros
No traffic and no more packing lunches
a typical day at work
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 July 2017
I was only working for 7 months before I file my maternity leave, nothing much i could say but so far it is a good working environment and im working as temporary on call
Challenging but worthwhile position
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Bank, NL18 July 2017
As an ABA therapist for eastern health, I love my position. This job sets me with a new obstacle everyday, testing my creativity and patience. Leaving at the end of the day knowing I've made a difference in this child's life is the best feeling in the world. I love this job.
BCP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 July 2017
It's difficult to move ahead at EH. Seems the advancement opportunities are limited and restricted to a few. No compensation for advanced education and work life balance is a challenge
productive place to work
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 June 2017
Good work environment. Advancement could take longer than I would have expected. Salary increases every six months. Good working with the people there. The management was very good to work along with.
great place
CLERK II (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 June 2017
Great place to work! Great coworkers and management. Pay was excellent as was office environment. Loved working here but just not enough hours. Full time would have been awesome!
Pros
co workers
Cons
part time work
Co workers are excellent , a lot of help when you need it but poor management specifically from central staffing.
I am a casual worker with Environmental Service (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador9 March 2017
Co workers are amazing , a place where you can meet wonderful friends. Co workers help each others every well; however, the management is absolutely horrible , they act as if they don't care about you.

Central staffing, specifically, knows best how to complain when employee didn't answer call on time but does not care about what employee says

I suggest changes within the management or retraining of those managers.

I sometimes assume that most of those managers got these positions immediately when they graduated from Universities without going to gradual process of promotion. based on good performance.
Pros
1. Good place to work
Cons
1.Poor management system. 2. place to meet amazing cowkers
product and enjoyable place to work
Blue Crest LTC-MSA / Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL17 December 2016
very rewarding helping others-organizational skills were essential for inventory and restocking-assisting in house clients as well as staff to meet their needs.
Pros
staff and clientelle was great to work with
Cons
HR was oftentimes difficult to work with
Not a great working environment
Licence Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eastern Health St. John's NL12 December 2016
For a health organization they don't focus on a healthy work environment. Managers Pitt staff against each other. Managers do not treat staff well when it comes to scheduling and getting annual leave, family leave or sick leave.
Pros
Close relationships with co workers
Cons
Long hours, mandation, managers only care about the bottom line, leave units short staffed a lot
Enjoyed time working with the ederly
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2016
Love working there spending time with residents and getting to know them and their families. Loved taking the extra time with a resident who had no family. I still visit some of the resident even though I no longer work there.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Long hours and child care issues
Friendly and supportive work culture.
Social Worker I (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL23 July 2016
Team coworkers are your motivation at work. Lots of opportunity to learn internally within same department. Internal jobs are easily accessible for employees. Payroll is timely.
Pros
Lunch and learn opportunities
Cons
Monotonous
PCA Position
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 July 2016
- 5-6 resident patient load
- casual job position as nursing student
- welcoming work environment
- variety of shifts available
Wonderful, supportive coworkers
Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 July 2016
Team approach work environment. Supportive group of coworkers, however often understaffed and under appreciated. Long hours but that is to be expected with any health care position.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Understaffed
Eastern Health was great
Domestic Worker (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador4 July 2016
I liked working with Eastern Health. The pay was good and the people I worked with were awesome and very friendly. I got a lot of hours to work and the work I had to do was good. It was not too easy or too hard, it was just right. You could work at your own pace and still get everything finished by the time you got off.
Pros
positive vibes
Cons
Being on-call
Productive workplace with good atmosphere
LPN (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 July 2016
Eastern Health is a good place with great coworkers, however there are not many opportunities to advance your career.
Nice workplace & salary,good for summer job
Food Service Worker-on-call/part-time (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 June 2016
-The co-workers/managers/supervisors are nice,friendly & helpful.Labour cost cutting is evident lately,work hours are few(not until july-august)
Pros
Nice & friendly co-workers
Cons
few hours, short training period
A first job.
Gift Shop Operator (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 May 2016
As a volunteer at the hospital gift shop, I was put into a friendly culture with regulars and others from the hospital who I felt made the experience so much better.
Registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 May 2016
Working as a charge nurse in a long term care facility. Very much involved in the nursing management of the unit. My daily work involves,resident management, staffing, making clinical judgement and decisions etc. Working along with multidisciplinary team for the best interest of the residents and their families.