This position is from February 2013 to August 30, 2013.
The Dr. G. B. Cross Memorial Hospital, Clarenville, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada has 47 acute care beds, 42 long-term care beds, and two respite care beds. Services include anesthesia, chemotherapy, diabetes education, family practice, general surgery, gynecology, obstetrics, ICU/Cardiac, internal medicine, laboratory, palliative care, pediatrics, psychiatry, radiology, respiratory therapy, ultrasonography and 24-hour emergency. Other services include laboratory, nursing, nutritional, pharmacy, physiotherapy, radiology, social work and visiting specialty clinics. Allied Health services are also provided.
Services include inpatient care, outpatient care and on call coverage. The general accountabilities of the position include:
- Providing service to the Obstertical/Gynecology program within Eastern Health.
- Functioning within the scope of practice of an Obstetrician/Gynecologist.
- Providing individualized direct and indirect patient care to patients within the Program.
- Providing treatments and therapies in which the incumbent had been adequately trained and supervised.
- Providing clinical services in Obstetrics/Gynecology within the scope of practice including consultations, follow up visits, ongoing care, and seeing outpatients in an ambulatory clinic setting.
- Participation in the hospital inpatient services is required.