This is an exciting opportunity to work with Eastern Front Theatre, an established not-for-profit professional theatre company. This will be a job creation project offered in partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education. Applicants must be receiving or have received employment insurance at some point in the past 3 years to be eligible for this post.
The Graphic Design Associate will help brand the company as it undergoes a series of changes in its operations and celebrates its 20th Anniversary. The candidate will work to engage the audience and the larger community through print and electronic media as well as website development.
The candidate will work closely with, and under the supervision of, Eastern Front’s Administrative Director and Artistic Producer.
- Working with the Administrative Director and Artistic Producer, take a lead role in the rebranding of Eastern Front Theatre.
- With art direction and content oversight, produce and maintain marketing materials for electronic and print distribution, including posters/postcards, brochures, fliers, etc. for various plays and programs, while adhering to budget constraints for these areas.
- Maintain content on the organization’s website.
- Create, edit, and organize photo and video footage and post suitable content online
- Research the twenty year history of Eastern Front Theatre and develop an interactive website which celebrates that history.
- Duties may also include photographing Eastern Front Theatre events, basic podcast creation and editing, as well as the development of exhibitions and displays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative Director and Artistic Producer.
- Proven computer and design skills, including a familiarity with a variety of graphic design programs.
- Experience in the graphic design of communications or marketing materials.
- A willingness to learn about website development and creation.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours.
- Must have a willingness to accept guidance and a matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected.
- Must be a collaborative team player who is willing to go above and beyond the job description for the success of the theatre.
- Experience in a theatrical setting is preferred but not required. General knowledge of and interest in theatre is a must.
- Awareness of the not-for-profit environment an asset.
Indeed - 2 years ago