Easter Seals Alberta has over 60 years experience as a not-for-profit organization focused on empowering people with disabilities living in Alberta through the provision of programs to provide equipment, recreation, housing, scholarships and support. We offer a fun and flexible working environment with committed and passionate volunteers and staff as well as the opportunity to use your talents and skills to grow and develop our special events program.
The ideal candidate will be creative and entrepreneurial, with the ability to execute high quality special events. S/he will have exemplary relationship building skills and be excited by the responsibility of playing an integral role in securing funding for the critical work of Easter Seals Alberta. Current projects include but are not limited to: We Care Ball Gala, Banded Peak Challenge, Drop Zone South and Donor Recognition and Media Awareness events
- Plan and execute several high quality special events for fundraising, donor recognition and awareness purposes in Calgary and area
- Prepare event briefs, critical paths and secure sponsorships
- Coordinate the creation of collateral materials, maintain event websites, manage mailing lists and databases on Raiser's Edge, track and manage ticket sales, and registrant fundraising via Artez, capture new donor information, acquire silent and live auction items as well as research venues
- Recruit participants/guests for events, promote fundraising for peer to peer fundraising type events
- Oversee coordination of event vendors (includes: venue contracts, collateral, invitation design, printing and mailing/emailing, caterers, entertainment, photographers, videographers)
- Responsible for managing event logistics including auctions, table seating, registration, including remarks, transportation and hotel needs
- Track event expenses and manage budget, produce event timelines and contact sheets, coordinate vendor production schedules and execute sponsorship benefit elements
Research media and other partnerships for ticket promotion and sale
- Oversee volunteers and staffing for event registration, onsite execution and event preparations
- Provide coordination for events which includes pro-active problem-solving, decision making, and interaction with vendors, corporate partners and sponsors
- Supervision of summer student and/or seasonal practicum students
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent with event management focus
- Proven track record in not for profit event management with 3 – 5 years experience
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge or equivalent is an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including MS Publisher or equivalent is an asset
Closing date for this posting is November 18th, 2013. We thank everyone for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The full job posting can be viewed at www.easterseals.ab.ca
Indeed - 16 months ago
Easter Seals Alberta has over 60 years experience as a not-for-profit organization focused on empowering people with disabilities living in...