Reporting to the Assistant Grocery Manager for the Grocery Department; this position will be required to work Monday - Friday: 8:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Occasional weekend hours may be required for vacation relief.
Expectations of the position include:
- Ensure a positive, professional approach and attitude exists within the food store and outside of the food store when interacting with our customers
- Pick-up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
- Plan travel schedules and routes
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Coordinate with department managers
- Other Grocery Clerk duties as assigned
A delivery vehicle will be supplied by employer, applicant must have valid driver's license. Customer service is preferred; however; we are willing to training the right person with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. This position requires that candidates have the physical stamina to move product of up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
We offer a competitive starting salary – please inquire about the earning potential if you are interested in this position. Our exemplary benefits package includes a comprehensive extended health plan including a drug card; dental plan; disability and life insurance coverage; a matching pension plan; employee discount; etc. The opportunity for ongoing learning, development and advancement exists within Eastalta Co-op and within the Co-op Retailing System.
Applicants retired from other careers are always welcome to apply. If you have an interest in learning more about the opportunities Co-op may have for you, please submit your application or resume to:
Mike Gaudet, Food Store Manager
5013 – 51st Avenue, Vermilion T9X 1B2
Eastalta Co-op thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.