East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides a broad range of services, resources and supports throughout the East York and East Toronto communities.
EYET requires an IT Specialist on contract, reporting to the Executive Director. The compensation range for this role is $36,764 to $44,729 per annum. The position is a full-time (35 hours per week), 6-month contract role, with the possibility of an extension.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
The IT Specialist will be part of a Project Team and will be responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and networks.
The IT Specialist works closely and collaboratively with the Project Consultant, and with members of the staff team at EYET who may become involved in the project from time to time.
Reporting to the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Project Team, the responsibilities of the IT Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Deploying computers on local network;
- Setting up users and permissions on the network;
- Producing Technical and process documentation;
- Participating in and documenting web applications for various environments from Development to Test and Production;
- Be responsible for all security processes and procedures;
- Generation, maintenance and renewal of SSL certificates;
- Installation and testing of Operating System and application security updates;
- Schedule and review PC vulnerability threat and assessment scans;
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system;
- Be familiar with all hardware and software including Windows and Linux systems;
- Be familiar with network operating system and VPN technology;
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology;
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources;
- Support change management process as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong knowledge of current IT and OS technology, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through trouble shooting;
- Working knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN).
- Must be flexible in schedule as some services may require work during off hours and on weekends
- Ability to work both independently and within a team context;
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) provides quality, inclusive and accessible programming, using an anti-oppressive framework. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and cover letter in one document to “The Hiring Committee – IT Specialist”. The document must be in one of Text, MS Word or PDF formats and saved as your last name and first initial. No telephone inquiries, please, as only emailed applications will be accepted. Please submit your application by November 22nd, 2013.
Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the role, only applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.