East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worked as a hostess
Hostess/ Take-out (Former Employee), BramptonNovember 26, 2013
Pros: talking to people
Cons: management
Worked as a hostess would never work for another East Side Marios. Management are poor at best
Waitress/barmaid
Serveuse et barmaid (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCOctober 25, 2013
Has well as being a waitress i was responsible of opening and closing the restaurant.
I was also responsible of balancing my register.
Dynamic, varied environment
Owner / Operator (Current Employee), Aurora, OnOctober 6, 2013
Pros: flexibility, responsibility, control
Cons: self employed risk
Responsible for all day to day operations. Oversee all staff and HR functions (100+ staff). Responsible for $4 million budget. Manage all P&L, vendors, customers and corporate office.
Fun place to work, great employee's
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Fast paced environment, Fun environment, if you are a friendly person you will make great tips
part time job
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Alliston, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: discounted food
Cons: non reliable hours
the resteraunt took on any person who could move quick and had thick skin for politics.
long fast paced stressful shifts
Line Cook (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: half priced food while working
Cons: stressfull enviroment with low pay
made many things to order and fofilled every requirement given by both the managers and the guests
great
server, bartender, and supervisor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 19, 2013
great experience overall meeting new people and learning different senerios in the customer service industry
Fast and efficient workplace with friendly coworkers.
Dish Washer (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJuly 16, 2013
Simple, methodical work with brief interludes of returning used pans to the kitchen and taking the trash out. Management and co-workers were friendly. Most difficult part of the job was returning frying pans. Most enjoyable part was the ease with which the cleaning system worked.
Fun and exciting environment!
Waitress (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 15, 2013
Pros: discounted food
Cons: limited hours
East Side Mario's is a great, fast paced work environment. The management and staff and easy to work with and hard working. If you love working in a fun and fast paced environment, this is the place for you!
Great people, good money, good hours.
Server (Former Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2013
This job was excellent well it lasted. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and my fellow staff. Working with food and serving the public was very enjoyable.
Very fast paced, Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: short hours, no shifts
I enjoyed working here, but there was to much staff and so little schedule, that's the only reason I didn't like it.
Unprofessional
Server/bartender (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONApril 26, 2013
Management only care for certain people and don't care how the others are treated.
Will keep staff that are making the business go down and the ones that are they throw to the trash.
Loved workin with certain people, but the rest hard!
Good job while in school
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), BARRIE, ONApril 23, 2013
I worked here while I attended school. It gave me the little bit of extra income I required. They did there best of accomodate my schedule. I learned how to juggle multiple things at once.
Amazing!
Server (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 19, 2013
Best place I have ever been a part of! I was shy before working with this team and I became very outgoing and energetic! I owe a lot to the management team, they helped me grow as a person and as a server. Going to work was like going to see my second family, it did not matter what negative situations came around, because you had the support and comfort – more... of a great team that helped you through. – less
Enjoyable, fun place to work at.
Hostess /Takeout (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 3, 2013
-Usually busy
-Management was alright.
-I really enjoyed working with my co-workers
-The most enjoyable part was working in take-out. It was a really quick, and busy environment. Also working with my co-workers was enjoyable.
Ok place to work for
Hostess (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 10, 2013
Cons: no free lunchs only managers get that
So far its a ok place to work for. The staff are great. I enjoy the people I work with management is ok,wish the one manager didn't leave she was great. We all MISS her so much
noises loud people and an unclean envoirment
Dishwasher and took out the trash (Former Employee), Oshawa, ON oshawa centerMarch 6, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Working for East Side Mario's
Hostess (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and new experiences
Cons: no breaks when working long hours
A typical day at work consists of Monday, Tuesday, and Friday where I work at lunch and dinner time. I come into work and organize all reservations, ensure the tables are all clean and set. As customers arrive for their meals I organize where to sit them according to what servers are set in what location of the restaurant.

Working for the restaurant – more... I have learned about patience, customer service, and having to work in the retail industry. When working at a restaurant, during meal times, the restaurant becomes extremely busy and lineups can become extremely long. When this occurs, customers may complain and you are being asked to do several things at once. The only way to deal with these high demands is to have patience and be patient with the customers by explaining to them their situation and any problems that have arose. As well you need patience with the employees because everyone is running around at full force and asking everyone favours and workers become stressed when it is extremely busy, therefore you must be patient with your co-workers. Customer servive is key because without customer satisfaction, the business will not excel. You must ensure that the customer is satisfied and that you are doing everything you can to make things run smoothly in order to prevent customer dissatifaction. In the retail industry, management becomes your voice and therefore you must do what they say even in you do not necessarily agree with the decision they have made.

I have learned to work well with my co-workers by always being friendly and understanding when others need help or are very busy. Stress level increases in the restaurant when it is extermely busy and therefore you must learn to forgive and forget because certain situations may cause anger, but when the rush is over, everyone forgets about the previous situation and we all begin to have fun and work together once again.

The hardest part of the job is when there is a waiting line at the door and we must organize large parties when all the tables are full. We have to sacrifice sitting a table when there is an empty one and wait for the table beside it to leave in order to sit the large party. This can cause customers to become frustrated and the larger parties to wait for long periods of time, but you have to offer alternatives while they are waiting and attempt to keep all customers calm and organized while at the door even when you have servers asking you for favours and managers demanding multiple tasks from you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers tell you that you are doing a good job. When you connect with a family at the restaurant eating for dinner, they communicate with you and a lot of the time we joke between customers and have fun. For example: one table is right beside the door, therefore when we sit them they are always surprized and we usually say "sorry for the long walk". This gets the customers relaxed and already laughing. I love connecting with the customers because you always learn something new. – less
a great place to develop skills
cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: dirty restaruant
i learned a lot at east side mario's, the allowed moving around, just not advancement when it came to pay
Terrible
Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary Alberta CanadaFebruary 9, 2013
Cons: abuse in the workplace
Terrible experience. Not payed the proper wage, not paid for the minimum hours per shift. Not treated like a coworker. Did not fulfill promise of advancement in the company.