East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

tough but fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
Had fun working for East Side Mario, never got mad but they shut down just a few month after i started working there. owner wasnt the best with everyone.
Pros
free drinks and bread
Fast-paced workplace with fun, friendly staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 January 2018
East Side Mario's was typically a great place to work. Management and staff were fun and friendly. It was a great business for me to begin as a server. The steady, fast-pace environment forced me to learn or expand on a variety of skills including my ability to multi-task, communicate with guests, stay on track and organized, while delivering exceptional dining experiences for all my guests. I enjoyed interacting with guests as well as my fellow staff members, and took pride in exceeding guests expectations.
Pros
Fun, friendly working environment. Great food.
Cons
Large Parties (sports teams)
good workplace to gain more experience
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2018
It was a good family style restaurant. I learned more about how the FOH is different from BOH. I learned more about how to greet and welcome guest and how sometimes it is difficult when there is a long waiting list on the door.
Pros
Food prices were staffed
Cons
not very long hours
Inexperienced kitchen staff
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 January 2018
Good servers help to add value to any restaurant but good servers are not as important as good food. People come to a restaurant to eat good food and the servers are there to enhance the experience. The kitchen staff can not turn out orders
Pros
half off food
Cons
back of house people
poor advancement
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2018
Nothing but broken promises from management.Hard work and loyalty got me no were.10 months in no evaluation and no raise or benefits.Was told by management sorry go find a better paying job else were...
Pros
Great co workets
Cons
Poor.mansgement
Its a solid job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 December 2017
Tough stores to run because of the all you can eat, but good work culture. Like most restaurants its tough to balance work with family time. All in all its a good place to work
Friendly work environment with great staff
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
A typical shift at East Side Mario's was always busy (considering I worked evening shifts). I learned a lot about how presentation plays a big role in making good impressions. The hardest part of the job was dealing with how crowded the back dish room would get and all the spills that would occur because there was such little space to move around. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the different customers enjoying the service and all the amazing staff I got to interact with.
Pros
Discounted dinners
Cons
Schedule instability
Very boring linear work days
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 December 2017
Very very poor management at my location which led to hectic and often late work nights sometimes as late as 2am (where i would get clocked off and not paid for the last 30-45 minutes of my workday because of the poor unorganized management at my location) and no chance to move up in the company,
Worked as a Dishwasher
Dishwasher, Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 November 2017
This was an entry level position part time while I was going to High School. The pay was minimum wage, and the work was busy. Good entry job with fast paced work.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Dirty, long hours without breaks
Productive, fun, busy
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 November 2017
It was a great place to work and learn.
The consistency of the food was great.
No drama between the staff.
Management made sure the employees were working and doing their job but at the same time cared enough to give days off if required.
meh
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC23 November 2017
Owner wasnt a good manager. Hard to make a decent wage. I expected more benefits, hours and regulars upon starting employment with them. Disappointed in quality care
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
horrible management
A hard, fast paced job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON20 November 2017
This job was pretty cool. The restaurant was a very busy one and I was kept on my toes just to keep up. This was pretty much a part time job till I could find something better.
Pros
staff
Cons
low pay
Productive and Always on your Feet
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at East Side Mario's was always being quick on your feet. You had to help customers by seating them at a table, cleaning tables when dirty, and also making sure customers were happy in this environment. I learned to work very quickly on my feet and also learned how to make customers happy. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you got to go home, and the most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Pros
Making People Happy
Cons
No Breaks
Fun people to work with and lots of free meals
Host (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON14 November 2017
Eastside marios was a great place to work for. Fun environment and fun people to work around. Lots of room for advancement and lots of money you can make once you move up.
Pros
Lots of free meals
Cons
You need customers to make money
a great place to work but also has its flaws
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 November 2017
The job was actually pretty amazing and the staff is so inviting and you truly become family there, it is very stressful work but the team always pulls it together
Pros
very flexible hous
Cons
little bit of drama
Great place to work but it depends on who the crew is
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 October 2017
While I was working at East Side Mario's, I like it a lot in the first few months but as time went on I started realizing how much I was picking up some of the other waitresses slack. The management did nothing because they really didn't care. Leaving the work undone is not an option so it lead to silent resentment. This may have just been something that has only happened to me personally but I like the customers and working with them so I stuck with the job for 10 months. Overall, when everyone is doing their jobs, its a great place to work
Good for part time job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Managers are not educative. Good place for student and weekend job. Schedule changes every week. The most shifts at night. No benefits, no contract. Minimum wage.
fast paced environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2017
I did not really get to fully experience working here. The job was seasonal through the YMCA youth program. Worked throughout the summer and learned to enjoy the service industry.
Fun place to work
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
Fantastic place to work, everyone is friendly and fun. I have learned how to deal with people and become a very social person. I found the hardest part of the job was to try to make all the customers happy but I always tried my hardest.
It was great, learning new things and multitasking
Prep and Line cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2017
The best part about working at East Side Mario's was learning the new seasonal menus that come out, I would make AYCE salads, desserts, pizzas, flatbreads, appetizers, etc. I was constantly multitasking all day which kept me busy. I like always being busy and having something to do. Helping my team mates during rushes, and busy times is another thing I look forward to.
Pros
Kitchen staff was very nice and friendly
Cons
Not accurate hours