East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Never again...
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
I met some great people and some of the management are really wonderful but as a whole this place is totally awful and poorly run, and their staff parties is the reason why their costumers lose respect for their fellow peers and management.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coburg, NB25 June 2017
Everyone was great to work with. The employees were fun. I loved the customers, and the overall environment was a great place. However there was a lack of training
Fun and fast environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON15 June 2017
The management and staff make the place easy and fun to go to work. Management is very flexible and accommodating to my schedule and needs. Glad that there is never a dull moment and always something that needs to be done. Best place I've worked at so far!
Cons
No starts
Job culture is great
Kitchen Helper/ Dish washer (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 June 2017
Every day at work is busy but the co-workers and manager is really healthful. They have provided me growing opportunities.I have started as a dishwasher and now I am doing kitchen help which includes pasta preparation and preparing salads.
Pros
co-workers are helpful and friendly
Cons
safety measures are less.
Fun people to work with.
HOST TAKEOUT EXPO (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 June 2017
A very fun place to work with, regardless of how serious they take everything, I manage to lighten the mood so everyone enjoys their time there and feels less stressed out.
Pros
Very good money
Cons
long hours that are extremely busy.
One of my most enjoyed jobs/ co op
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
I started as a co op and the trainer norm was awsome then did a bit of work as a line cook on the fryers and ended there as a dishwasher and the manager eddie and joey treated me like family so u feel respected there so it felt worth working hard and i reccomend it to anyone
Pros
Free food tip out and discounts
Cons
Some days are dramatically fast but i can adapt
very good job for any local
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 June 2017
lots of room to move in the company benefits many many things to do and other job to move up to ghood place to for a first job and a good place for a long term job
Pros
great employees
Cons
when the suits show up always say yes mame or sir
They are like one big family
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
It was a very enjoyable work place. The hardest thing was keeping up with the rushes at peak hours of the day.

There is always going to be rough days in a workplace , at east sides we all worked together to work through those days.
Pros
Good people
Ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
Was ok work environment one of the management there was good salary was not so good but was ok food was also good only thing that wasn't really good was the pay
Pros
Employees
Cons
Salary
Team work oriented workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2017
Working at East Side Mario's had its pros and its cons. It was a place where everyone got along and would help others out, though it was a place with poor management. The hardest part of the job was working with bosses who often seemed to not want to help customers to the best of their abillities.
Pros
Easy to get along with coworkers
Cons
Short hours, rude customers
Enjoyable working environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 May 2017
Strong team focus, excellent training in serving and customer relations, committed to a happy, healthy working environment. Training available in all aspects of restaurant.
Fun environment for people who love people!
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2017
The most enjoyable: The workculture and the amount of interaction you get with people. Recommended job for a younger age group.

The hardest part of the job: Requires a lot of patience. The All-You-Can-Eat is a unique service experience to East Side Marios and requires a great deal of multitasking, flexibility, and speed.
Great Job for Students
Server/ Expo (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 May 2017
I got to work at East Side Mario's in Peterborough while studying at university and it was really great. I loved each and every single one of my co-workers, and my GM's were fun and energetic, always making sure that everything was running smoothly and efficiently. They created a really great working environment, and were happy to accommodate for school/ exam conflicts. Even when we were extremely busy, it was always manageable because we had a great team assembled. I was always in for a fun day at work.
Pros
Discounted meals for staff, guaranteed hours, great starting point for service career
Typical day at work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 May 2017
I loved working at ESM. I got good hours and it was really like working with your family. It is a high paced busy restaurant so you need to be on top of your game for the all you can eat, bread, soup and salad!!!
Pros
50 percent food discount
Cons
all you can eat, bread, soup, salad
Challenging and Fun
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON10 May 2017
Learning the different positions and how they inter-relate to the whole output of the requested meals, is very challenging. When all is running smoothly and the team is functioning as a whole there is no better experience.
Fun and fast paced workplace, with free food and beverages as a work perc
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
For people with asthma, this job isn't recommended as I found myself in a lot of situations where if I stopped working, I would get piled up with way too many dishes then closing the restaurant would take forever. However, all the people are friendly and the food is great
Pros
Free beverages and food whenever offered
Cons
Fast paced work with a lot on non-stop shifts
Abandon all hope ye who enter here
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2017
Worked at the Windsor location. The nepotistic attitude expressed by management was both despicable and off putting. Bullying of staff by management was also quite upsetting to witness.
Pros
Money not bad
Great Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with others to get the job complete. The hours were flexible and the co-workers were friendly and helpful. The least enjoyable thing about the job was the constant pile of dishes coming through the kitchen, there was no feeling of completion as dishes were always in motion.
Pros
friendly co-workers, hours were flexible
Cons
wet clothes, very crowded change room
Very nice people
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
The people I work with at East Side Mario's are very friendly. They are understanding when someone cannot come into work and they are pretty flexible if someone has a commitment and cannot find someone to take a shift.
Everybody helps each other and the managers try to get to know the staff.
Negative Environment - No Management
BARTENDER, SERVER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 May 2017
Schedule isn't out till Sunday night every week.
Shifts constantly canceled last minute.
Major turnover makes working difficult with always having more new staff than senior.
Missing tip outs by supervisors.
Dash and dine scams by G.M.
Drug use by almost all kitchen staff slowing down speed of service.