East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

It was great, learning new things and multitasking
Prep and Line cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2017
The best part about working at East Side Mario's was learning the new seasonal menus that come out, I would make AYCE salads, desserts, pizzas, flatbreads, appetizers, etc. I was constantly multitasking all day which kept me busy. I like always being busy and having something to do. Helping my team mates during rushes, and busy times is another thing I look forward to.
Pros
Kitchen staff was very nice and friendly
Cons
Not accurate hours
Easy going
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 September 2017
Had a family feeling to it. Of course like any place the drama can be a bit much, but is headed in the right direction. Great place for giving people a chance. Good coaching.
Fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 September 2017
fun environment, great staff, decent management. Shifts based on ability. Favouritism by management. Steady wage. Unreliable tips. Mostly Split shifts.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Split shifts. Favouritism.
Nice place to work, very friendly management
Server (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2017
I liked working at east side mario's because the owner and management were really good, always willing to help you. The staff were also very friendly.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
not the best tips considering how much work you do bringing people all you can eat soups and salads
not my favorite place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC12 September 2017
management underpaid me for several months at a servers wage when I was a hostess and wasn't making tips.
NO TIP OUT
easy job.
felt very underappreciated by rest of staff despite cleaning all there tables and resturant
Pros
free/ cheap food
Cons
managment
East Side Marios
Prep/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 September 2017
East side marios was for sure not the best job I've had in my life. I was never given the hours I wanted and I was not treated with the respect I believed I deserved. However it did teach me that for a future career I will never work in a kitchen.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Getting my hours revoked on a daily basis
Its a toghr community of workers
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 September 2017
You will feel like family with your coworkers. Management is alright. The whole back is pretty organized. People don't help eachother much. The dishwasher is the backbone
True essence of health and saftey
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON4 September 2017
Eastside marios is well structured and taught me many great things. This was my first kitchen manager experience. This is where I was able to put all of my previous years of experience in full effect. Leading teams through busy seasons. Working on purchase reports and summaries scheduling. Hiring and termination of team members. Building a team to suit the location and the dynamics of Eastside Marios. The hardest part of this job was finding mature line cooks and find line cooks in general.
Pros
Great location and sales
Cons
Could use more experienced staff
Productive and fun workplace
Dishwasher / Prep Cook / Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 August 2017
Helped opening the kitchen, organized the fridge, marked what we needed for the day, prep food and dishwasher duties.
Most enjoyable part of the job was opening
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the dishes while cooking.
Pros
Fantastic people, great place
Cons
Closed down
It was great at the start
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 August 2017
It was a great job until I had to call in sick due to personal reasons and they let me go. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and loved my job, I loved going to work and seeing my co workers I still d not understand why they told me to call in when I was not my best but when I did they terminated me

Want to know more about East Side Mario's?

Ask a question
productivs, fast pace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 August 2017
I enjoyed to work at east side Mario. This was an educational job and provided me with different learning skills that i can apply further in a work place.
Okay place to work
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON18 August 2017
Some co-workers were pretty chill. No encouragement, motivation to be honest or feedback on how you're preforming(One of the reasons why I quit working there). Overall though its a okay place to work.
Culinary Skills
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 August 2017
I improved my culinary skills a lot when I worked there. I enjoyed the staff and environment of East Side's also. I learned a lot about kitchen safety, and team work also.
Well organized kitchen, fast-paced environment
Dish-washer/Food preparation (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2017
My experience with East-side Mario's was short, but my impression with my location wasn't positive.

While the staff were fun, down to earth and hardworking, the Kitchen Manager and General manager were often rude and condescending.

The scheduling was reliable, and I always knew when my shifts were, but my hours became increasingly shorter as new staff came in.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
rude management
always busy
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
interacting with customers
making customers feel welcome
making sure restaurant is clean and tidy environment at all times
Helping with whatever is needed
Productive, fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Warden, ON14 August 2017
Very personalble staff. Great work environment. The food I got for half price. The food is also amazing. Overall a great work experience. The cooks are amazing
Pros
Staff
Cons
Manager
dirty and stinky
Dishwasher, routinely cleaned work areas, bussed (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON9 August 2017
all i did at east sides was do dishes therefore i did alot of team work again and independent work, was very fast paste, and a lot of dirty involved from cleaning peoples food to cleaning grease traps
Pros
people
Cons
stinky, dirty, grease trap
Fast paced restaurant
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 August 2017
In my time there I worked in many different positions, it was a fun atmosphere and had many good team members some of who I still am friends today. There could be some stressful times there as it was in a mall location and sometimes would get extremely busy.
Pros
discounted meals, events for staff
Cons
your cloths smell like a restaurant, sometimes late hours
not the best place to work if you want a lot of hours
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON1 August 2017
the people i worked with were very nice and the training was done very well given it was my first serving job... however i got "no started" a lot and would usually take an uber to work so i actually lost money on those days because you don't get paid for the hour you are waiting there to see if it's busy enough for them to need you on the floor... i thought that was ridiculous and i had not heard of that at any other restaurant
Pros
you got a free meal if you got "no started"
Cons
very short hours, one or two
nice place to work, too much drama between employees poor managment.
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 July 2017
i didn't like management, some were immature and rude. i had problems with other employees, getting caught in the middle of silly drama and awkward situations.
Pros
free food on shift
Cons
poor managment