East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Waitress/Bartender/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I throughly enjoyed my experience working at East Side Mario's. i had the ability to receive 4 promotions, and i have experience is most front of the house abilities. (host, waitress, bartender, certified trainer). I am definitely a people person, and I love being able to be apart of a customers great experience within any restaurant.
Fast Paced Fun environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Discounted food for employees
Cons: Lack of training for new employees
-Busy most days
-Learned how to multi task in a very fast paced environment
-Poor management made the job difficult
-The most enjoyable ;art of the job was the regular customers that visited.
lots of fun
General Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Great Place to work
co workers are great
guests at times are difficult
Management is understanding to personal issues
varied work schedule
Great for gaining experience in the serving industry
Server/Bartender/Manager (Current Employee), Hunt Club, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty normal actually. Come in for your shift 15 minutes early in case it is busy and you have to start right away, do your best to serve your guests while keeping up with the steps of service. Time management and multi-tasking are two things that you will learn very fast if you apply yourself when at work. Management and your co-workers are always there for you. Whether you're in school or full-time. They always try to make your life at work and outside of work as easy as possible. Great job for students! The hardest part of the job is not dealing with difficult guests, but actually the steps of service. They are very demanding, but once you got them down you're golden! I love having good feedback from my tables, it can make your night!
fun place to work low wages
Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: flexible schedule and great manager
Cons: finacally capped
east sides is a healthy environment to work but minimal earning potential given the style of corporation/franchise. easy to learn basic cooking skills and team training but not intended to be a culinary training program minimal criteria is covered but enough to make a line cook professional atmosphere
All the bread you can eat.
Bar & Promotions Manager/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Paid pretty well. Most people were friendly to work with. Customers could be quite rude due to location. Not all members of the management team were equally supportive.
A Fantastic Place to Work
Kitchen staff (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 12, 2016
East Side Mario's was an excellent opportunity for me to expand my knowledge, work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and many more extremely important skills. The kitchen was an intense environment with hardly any down time. This taught me how to remain calm in stressful situations and has not only benefited my skills as a member of the kitchen staff but allowed me to grow and develop in ways transferable to almost any other job.
Italian
Host/Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: food
it was great working there, met a lot of great people and my supervisor was amazing. the deals on the food was cool and amazing tips
The only thing missing is more people to share the fun
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, very nice managers
Cons: Non-structured hours, lack of staffing
- Surprisingly easy to keep yourself busy, always something to do
- Keeping people happy is as simple as offering to help share the work or do something they don't want to, or sharing a compliment and maintaining the kid-friendly atmosphere
- I've learned more about communication and organization of thoughts than I have in any other area of my life
- Work is demanding but extremely rewarding, being able to create something that brings people warmth and joy
- The hardest part of this job is being able to keep your head on when it gets busy
- Management is friendly but strict, and always willing to help you out of a jam if you communicate enough with them
- A typical day involves hard work, heavy lifting, food preparation and cooking, and most importantly - sanitation and kitchen maintenance.
I love my job
cook (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: cooking
Cons: management
management sucks but i like what i do. The people i work with are nice and it gets super busy so the work load is a lot. More efficiency is needed in order to make it work and to make it a positive environment ,
restaurant
Host/Busser/Food runner/Dish washer/Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: serving: Tips(money)
Cons: labor accommodations
A typical day working at Eastside Marios is great, the staff is very friendly. I'm constantly learning new types of people skills, due to the fact that i deal with many different type of guests that come into the restaurant. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with the common problem of insufficient materials needed to complete tasks when the restaurant gets busy, which is completely normal & alright but still stressful at times. On the flip side, the most enjoyable part of the job would be a tie between the interactions between all the staff & getting to interact with so many new people, which would be the guests. There are very interesting people in the world & i consider it an honor to have been able to meet as many as i have.
my time @ east sides
Hostess (Former Employee), Milton, ONNovember 7, 2015
I was only there for a limited amount of time, that said my time there was very enjoyable and the employees are very friendly, as is management. Overall it's a comfortable environment to work in.
great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), Dundas, ONOctober 6, 2015
ESM was a great company to work for. The company offers great benefits and lots of perks. I miss the employees and atmosphere.
A fun place to work where teamwork is valued.
SERVER (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 28, 2015
All about having fun and giving excellent customer service with a smile. Work together help each other out. Sometimes things can be tough but when you're a team there are always people to hold you up. It was important to us that we always stay positive.
Good learning Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: discounts, learning experience, food
Cons: none
Was taught how to better cook foods in bigger potions also better knowledge on how to prepare foods such as vegetables, meats, fish etc..
Great coworkers and fun environment
Manager & Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Had a very positive family vibe among the workers. Everybody worked very hard. Unfortunately this location closed down.
High Pace, Exciting and Fun Family Restaurant
Food and Beverage Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Sydney, NSSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Great $$$, Good food, discounts on food while working, excellent training.
Cons: Long, unpredictable hours.
Working at East Side Mario's was some of the best days of my life. The staff was close knit, and the customers were awesome. It is important to realize that ESM is more high pace than most places, with its 'All you can eat' feature keeping you on your feet at all times. The opportunity to make extra cash tips was the best part about this job. It was extremely rewarding in other ways as well, making friends with the staff and regular customers. The hardest part of working here was the stress factor that comes along with any job in the Food and Beverage Industry.

Working at East Side Mario's taught me so much. Patience, excellent communication and customer service skills, how to deal with conflict, work in a fast pace environment, and much more. You work your way up in this job, starting as a Hostess to get the training down, and then usually having the opportunity to move up to Server or Bartender.

If you see a posting for East Side Mario's near you, and you're a hard working individual who likes the challenge of working in a fast pace place, while given the opportunity to make great money, apply!!
I learned many culinary skills
Cook (Former Employee), OshawaSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Experience, Staff
I feel as though this job provided me with the experience I needed in order to be a successful cook. The environment in which I worked was enjoyable and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Fun and great atmostphere
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
While i was there for 8 years, ive learn to cook and communicate with others. This was a good enviroment and good people. I started out as a line cook then became supervisor and then all the way to Kitchen Manager !
Eastside Mario's is a good place to work, but not as a Dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), King Street, WaterlooAugust 8, 2015
Eastside was a good place to work at. The people were nice. Everyone got along well. But, if you work as a dishwasher, it is quite different. If you aren't extremely fast, then you will crumble under all the dirty dishes, and hurtful words of other employees