East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Worked There for a Co-op
Food assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 March 2017
I learned how to properly handle food , and the other basic things you learn in the food service. Having worked at East Side I got another job in the food service industry..
Pros
Co- workers were Interactable
Cons
long tiring hours
pretty good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 March 2017
there is lots to learn on the job which makes things exciting. the staff is like a big family and management is pretty good. the menu changes yearly which keeps things from being boring
Pros
staff discounts, fun staff, down to earth management team
Cons
long hours, min wage, late night walk ins
Amazing workplace
Food Prep /Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
East side marios sits high on a pedestal above other places. They are a clean, fair, and advantageous work place with lots of benefits
Pros
free meals and drinks
Cons
Great place to start off
Server (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 February 2017
East side mario's was my first serving job (as it is for many servers). They like to hire people with no experience so they can mold you in to what they want. They worked with me as far as hours went and the training is close to perfect. They will not send you on that floor till you know your stuff. I loved the management when I worked there.
Pros
Training, money, management
Cons
Sections can be a bit on the large side, the unlimited soup, salad and bread (you will run)
fun workplace environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 February 2017
East Side Marios is a very fun and friendly place to work at, though at the same time it can be intense at certain moments! everyone there is very kind and helpful and they will be able to help out on anything that you may have questions about! the management team there is a very helpful and negotiable with any questions or concerns you may have! one of the things that are enjoyable about east sides are the people that you get to work with!
Pros
good hours, great management team and really good food as well as tip out
Cons
sometimes long hours
excellent
manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 February 2017
wonderful staff and a rewarding place to work. locally owned business with a loyal clientele. fast paced environment that rewards those who work hard.
good start.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 February 2017
worked there for a short time, had hostess duties such as rolling cutlery, seating customers, informing customers about food specials, etc. good job to start in the service industry.
Awsome
Prep/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON17 February 2017
Started as a co-op for high school annd then turn into one of the best first jobs I had.i have no complaints what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was very great working there and being apart of their team
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB16 February 2017
It was a lot of fun working at East Side Mario's and being apart of their team. I made lots of friends and I got free lunches sometimes and I also got to enjoy the experience with working with people.
Pros
Fun working with people
My work at East Side Marios
WAITRESSING (Current Employee) –  135 gateway park dr8 February 2017
Esm is a fast paced enviroment its starts off slow then picks up rather fast. Ive learned to deal with all sorts of differenent situations that some that require an easy fix and others that have to be dealt with deescalting people that are not very happy and resolving the situation fast to have people leave happy. The atmosphere is great and people that i work with are fun and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is when i have to tell my customers we are out of something and them be upset and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co workers and giving a helpful hand when needed.
Pros
having a flexable schedule
Cons
working everyweekend
east side marios
Prep-Line Cook/ Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 February 2017
I enjoyed working there for the most part. friendly staff and management. shift scheduling was difficult and managers had bad attitudes
Worst place I've worked
Host (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 February 2017
It was the worlds worst place I have ever worked there was never any advancements the boss was rude un trustworthy and I was never taught what to do I was thrown in to work
Pros
Cons
No teaching
Hostess/Take (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON2 February 2017
This restaurant was a nice place to work at but it was a tough ride. The first few months i was there they were still trying to build a better name so the labor costs were pretty high which meant we had less hours. With the new management they are more organized and have become a better place to work at.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2017
I learned a lot while working here, was my first serving job, had a lot of fun, & learned what it takes to be a server, there was issues with management, but nothing that isn't like a normal job.
East Side Marios
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 January 2017
I could go on and on about this location. But, don't work here. There are so many legal problems here from harassment to theft that you don't want to get yourself caught up with it.
Pros
free food
Great Place To Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 January 2017
Fantastic fast paced work environment, all staff members and management are always happy. Its a pleasure to go into work.I have learned a lot of organizational skills, as well as time management skills.
corrupt
Manager, bartender, server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
a lot of drug and alcohol abuse on sight, not interested in that. the staff are out of control, and head office is very corrupt. a man died in the middle of our dining room and head office insisted that we keep working rather than close the store.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
long hours, staff out of control
High turnover rate.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 January 2017
Experienced co-workers are competent and professional, whereas the employees in training showed little or no interest, competency, or initiative. Like every restaurant, dinner rush is chaotic, but when there's no shows and multiple trainees, management for some odd reason felt they needed to 'cut labour' and have everyone do double or triple duties on a regular basis.
Pros
Free loaf and soup.
Good JOb
Waitress & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
It has been a great job to help me throughout my schooing. They have always considered respecting that i was a student.Thankful for all the job has provided me with: Great experiences and skills to carry forward.
Pros
family setting
First O&B Restaurant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2017
• Monitored and anticipated guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledged all guests
• Remained aware of guest needs and provided guests with clean silverware, ice water, condiments and special requests
• Responsible for Running Food, clean and setup tables