East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Awsome
Prep/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON17 February 2017
Started as a co-op for high school annd then turn into one of the best first jobs I had.i have no complaints what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was very great working there and being apart of their team
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB16 February 2017
It was a lot of fun working at East Side Mario's and being apart of their team. I made lots of friends and I got free lunches sometimes and I also got to enjoy the experience with working with people.
Pros
Fun working with people
My work at East Side Marios
WAITRESSING (Current Employee) –  135 gateway park dr8 February 2017
Esm is a fast paced enviroment its starts off slow then picks up rather fast. Ive learned to deal with all sorts of differenent situations that some that require an easy fix and others that have to be dealt with deescalting people that are not very happy and resolving the situation fast to have people leave happy. The atmosphere is great and people that i work with are fun and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is when i have to tell my customers we are out of something and them be upset and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co workers and giving a helpful hand when needed.
Pros
having a flexable schedule
Cons
working everyweekend
east side marios
Prep-Line Cook/ Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 February 2017
I enjoyed working there for the most part. friendly staff and management. shift scheduling was difficult and managers had bad attitudes
Worst place I've worked
Host (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 February 2017
It was the worlds worst place I have ever worked there was never any advancements the boss was rude un trustworthy and I was never taught what to do I was thrown in to work
Pros
Cons
No teaching
Hostess/Take (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON2 February 2017
This restaurant was a nice place to work at but it was a tough ride. The first few months i was there they were still trying to build a better name so the labor costs were pretty high which meant we had less hours. With the new management they are more organized and have become a better place to work at.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2017
I learned a lot while working here, was my first serving job, had a lot of fun, & learned what it takes to be a server, there was issues with management, but nothing that isn't like a normal job.
East Side Marios
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 January 2017
I could go on and on about this location. But, don't work here. There are so many legal problems here from harassment to theft that you don't want to get yourself caught up with it.
Pros
free food
Great Place To Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 January 2017
Fantastic fast paced work environment, all staff members and management are always happy. Its a pleasure to go into work.I have learned a lot of organizational skills, as well as time management skills.
corrupt
Manager, bartender, server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
a lot of drug and alcohol abuse on sight, not interested in that. the staff are out of control, and head office is very corrupt. a man died in the middle of our dining room and head office insisted that we keep working rather than close the store.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
long hours, staff out of control
High turnover rate.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 January 2017
Experienced co-workers are competent and professional, whereas the employees in training showed little or no interest, competency, or initiative. Like every restaurant, dinner rush is chaotic, but when there's no shows and multiple trainees, management for some odd reason felt they needed to 'cut labour' and have everyone do double or triple duties on a regular basis.
Pros
Free loaf and soup.
Good JOb
Waitress & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
It has been a great job to help me throughout my schooing. They have always considered respecting that i was a student.Thankful for all the job has provided me with: Great experiences and skills to carry forward.
Pros
family setting
First O&B Restaurant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2017
• Monitored and anticipated guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledged all guests
• Remained aware of guest needs and provided guests with clean silverware, ice water, condiments and special requests
• Responsible for Running Food, clean and setup tables
same as before idk why its repeating
BoH Utility (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2017
yeah already wrote my review so writing a second seems redundant. i think you need to upgrade your detection algorithms, something to work on
decent place to work
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 January 2017
start off by changing into uniform, put hair up, punch in your time when you started work, wash hands start making orders.
at the end of the shift i would clean up, prep for the morning shift for the other employee's

my typical day at East-side Marios was decent, i learned that team work was a big must have, i had to work fast and keep up with the orders especially when the hockey teams were in town.

all the co-workers were nice and supportive when one was having a hard time and would always help out.

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting all the orders complete when there was a big rush with no mistakes!
Pros
one free meal
Cons
manager took almost two weeks to tell me i was laid off due to business being slow (winter)
its meh
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2017
Good work, but not good if you plan to further yourself as a cook. It has stable hours, and long days if your into that. I would not recommend here if you plan to move up as a cook, you also get very little pay.
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Put your serving skills and your singing to the test!
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work is full of delicious smells, great people, and a quick working environment. Working at East Side Mario's, you must be sure you are able to multitask as there are a lot of things happening at once with unlimited soup, salad, and bread, it adds double the work to the typical serving of just drinks, apps, and meals. You must be able to prioritize and remain calm in a face-paced environment. This is not your typical serving job, it takes a special type of server who is able to serve above and beyond. It's also a no brainer that great customer service skills are an asset in this family friendly restaurant! Ay Budda Boom, Budda Bing!
Pros
50% off staff meals, Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours on your feet, fast-paced work environment, stressful
Fun
server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2016
Fun and exciting place to work. Management and staff are friendly and helpful. Wide range of customers makes everyday different. Fast paced and loud at times.
A lot of children. And running around.
Server (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 December 2016
I enjoyed working at Eastside Mario's for a while, however the excessive salad, soup, and bread, combined with the sheer size of the store, resulted in a lot of running, literally, in order to make customers happy. After working at Eastside Mario's I had also came to the realization that, while I enjoy working with children in other settings (I also do children's facepainting as volunteer/freelance work), I was not particularly interested in being a server in an extremely kid-friendly restaurant. While the staff and management, and of course the actual menu, were awesome, I don't think it was the right fit for me.
fast paced enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 November 2016
To work at east side marios you need to be able to quickly and efficiently handle change and disaster, and customers. Having a strong relationship with your team members is the key to a successful career here.

2.9