East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Fast paced and high stressed!
Expo, Host, Takeout (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB20 April 2017
You have to remember lunch and dinner rushes, that's where they make their money! You have to be quick and smooth, or else if you mess up it's a domino affect, so sometimes it's very hectic but the staff is good at keeping organzied
Pros
strong staff
Cons
mean staff
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 April 2017
I much preferred hosting/take out over serving, but that was mainly because of the unlimited soup/salad and bread. It was very hard to keep on top of a bunch of tables who constantly needed refills.
Overall this was a good place to work, I only quit because I had another job and I was a student and it was just becoming too much.
The management that was there at the time that I was is no longer there, but they were fantastic and always had your back especially when it came to rude customers.
Fun to work, great staff
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON11 April 2017
East sides is a good place to work if your a student and only looking for a part time position,they work around you so if your in school or are only looking for 1/2 shifts a week this job will work for you
Pros
50% off menu
Cons
Not enough hours
Working with family
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
A typical day at East Side Mario's consists of stress, problem solving, multitasking, long hours, and no breaks. Doesn't sound like a job most would enjoy, right? For me, it has been the best job I could ever ask for. I have met people and gained relationships I don't think I could live without. Aside from the guests, the management team is almost too good to be true. Friendly, understanding, helpful, caring, but most importantly loyal. The hardest part of the job as I previously stated is the hours. Working from 4pm-1am with no break takes its toll on your body and lifestyle. It isn't a job for everyone, but for those in the industry it is the holy grail of restaurants. With nearly 40 staff members from the kitchen to the front of house, nearly 75% have been working there for over a decade.
Pros
Tips, half price food, guest relationships.
Cons
long and late hours, constantly on your feet, no breaks (unless you smoke), demanding guests.
Fun workplace, however very demanding.
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Learned how to manage time efficiently, and quickly adapt to changing environments. A lot of multi-tasking skills were developed. Coworkers can be a pain, however one learns to deal with it. Job security was not there, and getting the desired shifts are very difficult.
good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 April 2017
best team to work with them. they give me a good hour and everyone talk very nicely.I learned to work as a team. the most enjoyable part is fave some fun in working time.
Fun and outgoing workplace
seating hostess, takeout (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 March 2017
I have worked at East Side Mario's for a year as a host and I had a wonderful experience. I loved the staff and the restaurant itself. I was often in charge of setting up the restaurant and I worked as the main seating hostess.
Pros
good with hours
Cons
very stressful
Fun place
Kitchen supervisor, Line cook, Host, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 March 2017
when it was open it was a great place to work in town. working here was one of the best jobs I have ever had made a lot of friend had a great time made money and learned a lot.
Great Staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 March 2017
Fast paced environment most days but the staff there is great in assisting new comers. Shifts don't have an end time though and sometimes you will only be there for a couple hours.
Worked There for a Co-op
Food assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 March 2017
I learned how to properly handle food , and the other basic things you learn in the food service. Having worked at East Side I got another job in the food service industry..
Pros
Co- workers were Interactable
Cons
long tiring hours
pretty good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 March 2017
there is lots to learn on the job which makes things exciting. the staff is like a big family and management is pretty good. the menu changes yearly which keeps things from being boring
Pros
staff discounts, fun staff, down to earth management team
Cons
long hours, min wage, late night walk ins
Amazing workplace
Food Prep /Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
East side marios sits high on a pedestal above other places. They are a clean, fair, and advantageous work place with lots of benefits
Pros
free meals and drinks
Cons
Great place to start off
Server (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 February 2017
East side mario's was my first serving job (as it is for many servers). They like to hire people with no experience so they can mold you in to what they want. They worked with me as far as hours went and the training is close to perfect. They will not send you on that floor till you know your stuff. I loved the management when I worked there.
Pros
Training, money, management
Cons
Sections can be a bit on the large side, the unlimited soup, salad and bread (you will run)
fun workplace environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 February 2017
East Side Marios is a very fun and friendly place to work at, though at the same time it can be intense at certain moments! everyone there is very kind and helpful and they will be able to help out on anything that you may have questions about! the management team there is a very helpful and negotiable with any questions or concerns you may have! one of the things that are enjoyable about east sides are the people that you get to work with!
Pros
good hours, great management team and really good food as well as tip out
Cons
sometimes long hours
excellent
manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 February 2017
wonderful staff and a rewarding place to work. locally owned business with a loyal clientele. fast paced environment that rewards those who work hard.
good start.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 February 2017
worked there for a short time, had hostess duties such as rolling cutlery, seating customers, informing customers about food specials, etc. good job to start in the service industry.
Awsome
Prep/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON17 February 2017
Started as a co-op for high school annd then turn into one of the best first jobs I had.i have no complaints what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was very great working there and being apart of their team
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB16 February 2017
It was a lot of fun working at East Side Mario's and being apart of their team. I made lots of friends and I got free lunches sometimes and I also got to enjoy the experience with working with people.
Pros
Fun working with people
My work at East Side Marios
WAITRESSING (Current Employee) –  135 gateway park dr8 February 2017
Esm is a fast paced enviroment its starts off slow then picks up rather fast. Ive learned to deal with all sorts of differenent situations that some that require an easy fix and others that have to be dealt with deescalting people that are not very happy and resolving the situation fast to have people leave happy. The atmosphere is great and people that i work with are fun and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is when i have to tell my customers we are out of something and them be upset and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co workers and giving a helpful hand when needed.
Pros
having a flexable schedule
Cons
working everyweekend
east side marios
Prep-Line Cook/ Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 February 2017
I enjoyed working there for the most part. friendly staff and management. shift scheduling was difficult and managers had bad attitudes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Side Mario's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9