East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and great atmostphere
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
While i was there for 8 years, ive learn to cook and communicate with others. This was a good enviroment and good people. I started out as a line cook then became supervisor and then all the way to Kitchen Manager !
Eastside Mario's is a good place to work, but not as a Dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), King Street, WaterlooAugust 8, 2015
Eastside was a good place to work at. The people were nice. Everyone got along well. But, if you work as a dishwasher, it is quite different. If you aren't extremely fast, then you will crumble under all the dirty dishes, and hurtful words of other employees
The House of Yes
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 29, 2015
A fun, fast-paced environment of constant work, balanced by great team!

Serving has offered my the opportunity to provide excellent customer service, always diligent of making sure my tables are taken care of, provided with days banter and smiles.
Great Farmers
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Learned to cook security tend bar and serve
Cons: Far away from Family
I enjoyed working at one of my first restaurant experiences, learned I shined at multi tasking. The owner gave me lots of room to learn and taught me a lot.
Always Busy
Line Cook (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJune 17, 2015
was always busy doing prep all day cooking lunch and dinner , training new staff doing inventory and ordering. worked very long days. great experience for working in a fast pace environment
Poor Work Experience
DISHWASHER (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJune 16, 2015
No breaks, uptight staff, rude management. In addition, I was promised a certain amount of money for tips, however did not receive this. Also had to pay a fee for my uniform per shift to cover cost for laundry. Wasn't given an option to wash it myself
good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 13, 2015
over all i loved working at east side mario's. good pay to, your food was 6 dollars but it was worth it, u could get anything to eat there.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: inconsistent work hours
I met some of my best friends working here. Had a wonderful first job experience. The managers are a bit inconsistent, some being very laid-back and others being very strict and neurotic.
Fun and interested experience
Line & Prep Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: high stress during rush periods
Working at East Side was both fun and stressful. The people are great and the food is good, it's just crazy when it gets busy. :) A good starter job for someone new to the workforce.
Great Job Experience
Hostess (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJune 7, 2015
My role is to provide estimated wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list and ensuring that the needs of the guests were met while they were waiting, set up dining rooms and make reservation arrangements, and greet guests personally and on the telephone. The people I work with make the job even better.
Great atmosphere and work pace.
Cook (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMay 29, 2015
Typical day: As a cook at east sides I had responsibility to make sure the customers satisfaction of meals were quickly served to them and delicious so they would enjoy coming back time and time again.
-Prepping food for the day
-Reading chips
-Making sure order is correct and to ESM standards.
Standard first job. Not too much to complain about.
Back End Staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: free food. flexible schedule
Cons: long hours until 3 am sometimes. Poor management
The perks were good. The schedule was flexible. However, management positions were not filled with great consideration. Some of the management staff was weaker than others. Both staff members and guests complained about the weaker portion of the management staff.
fun place to work
food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 18, 2015
- Never boring
- Always something to do
- had great co-workers
- I loved the interaction with the customers
- Really good hours
Cooking
Line Cook (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Cooking
Cons: Low wages
it's all good if you enjoy the profession that you are trying to learn, co-workers are great, enjoying cooking also the management is great.
Productive workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and challenging. I got to learn a lot and enjoyed my time there. It's a decent restaurant to work for.
Linecook
Waiter-Summer employment (Current Employee), Honey Harbour, ONApril 18, 2015
Pros: Decent hours Great experience
Cons: can be stressful
I Enjoy work exppecially in a positive fun environment. Working in a kitchen i have learned to work under stress an maintain productivity.
I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed the teamwork. What i enjoyed most about the job is working with my hands an being trusted an counted on to complete a certain task in a profficeint amount of time
East sides
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2015
i enjoid making pizza and salads for the company the management did take a wile to move me up but it was understandable with the circumstances in the dishwashing area.
Worked as a line chef
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
I would prepare the dishes for the customers, usually 5-12ish, non-stop work with little time to collect yourself, until the main dinner service is over at which time you need to start cleaning up. Management wasn't my favourite, very harsh and unapproachable, hard to communicate with
Fun, hard working and fast moving environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: my hours were great, everyone who worked at eastside mario's was amazing, and i was able to work a schedule that made me better and stress free.
- I would get to work, walk up to the front where i stand, make sure the tables are set right and ready for poeple to sit for the waiters / waitresses. After helping anyone who needed help, and also seating – more... people. When the custumers die down i would run and start off my cleaning duties, checking the bathroom, washing chairs, windows, Etc, and helping anyone who needed help. Before i would leave i would have to help any waiters / waitresses with running food or cleaning a table.
-i learned how to get along better as a family / team in a work environment, and how to deal with a stressful situation in a fast moving environment.
-I am still friends will all my co-workers even out of work.
-I loved my job !!! – less
alright place to work
GARDE MANGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, and eating "mistakes"
Cons: ended up doing alot of other peoples work
At east side mario's, everyday is a laugh. I had great co workers who are family oriented ( we look out for each other). I have definately learned alot about preparing cold dishes, and i got to express an artistic side of me. The hard part of working there was that, even though everyone is supposed to work as a team, not to many people would pull their weight.

1 2 3 4 5