East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A vibrant, enthusiastic work environment
Server (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: extremely long hours
- Typical day would include cleaning, serving 8-10 table sections during lunch and 4-8 table sections during the evening.
- I learned to multitask. Having to keep a close on on refilling soup salad and bread was a constant task that had to be done with every customer.
- Management was fairly good. Sometimes unfair environment
- Working with everyone – more... and making new connections and friends – less
Fun Job for Students
Hostess (Former Employee), AllistonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: half price food, good hours for a student
Cons: minimum wage, no advancement opportunities, understaffed
A typical day at work includes greeting, seating, and making sure the restaurant is tidy and guests are happy. I learned how to manage the general public and how to deal with unpleasant guests among all sorts of interesting restaurant jobs. Hosting is all about customer service. The supervisors here are very nice and will genuinely try to help you if – more... you are overwhelmed. The coworkers are a mixed bag, as it is everywhere. There are the good and the bad. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and all alone on a busy night where you have to choose to either greet guests at the door or clean tables so guests can sit down. It's hard to strike a balance when there's only one of you when there are many things to do. The most enjoyable part of hosting is making people smile and knowing that they had a good time and enjoyed their experience. – less
ok
Host (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 21, 2014
pyramid scam pretty decent if you actually push your self in the company and work
East Side Mario`s
Server (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 14, 2014
great place to work.
moments where can be overwhelming but with a bit of practice it is easy to over come.
Staff is amazing.
Training Manager / Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJune 23, 2014
Cons: long hours, upwards of 14hrs a day regularily. work becomes your entire life.
Dealing with guest issues and satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with. A typical day was spent at the restaurant from early morning to after the dinner rush.
A fast moving environment with constant change
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 30, 2014
This work place provides excellent team communication and corroboration. It starts with the host seating the guests and warming them up to the menu to give them the best experience and it ends with the cashier sending them off with a positive attitude looking forward to seeing them again. I very much enjoyed working for this company.
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Kitchen Helper
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Dish help (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 29, 2014
Apart of the culinary team you're responsible for the overall cooking, its exciting to work at a fast pace but it can also be the hardest part of the job in itself.
The most enjoyable part of working in Culinary is the challenges you have to make, by remember each and every dish and knowing how to make and also be under the stress of a time limit.
But – more... you learn that at the end of the day,you can look back and just see how much you accomplished. – less
Horrible management and Employee harrassment
Line cook, Pizza, Pantry, Dishwashing (Former Employee), Winston Churchill and ArgentiaMay 25, 2014
Very underpaid for the hard labour I was being told to do. I had no chance of growing in the business unless someone was moved down or out.
Managment was very smart and patient.
Senior Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 15, 2014
I loved the fast movement required during the " lunch rush" kept you on your toes and ready always on the ball.
Excellent place to work
Server and Bartender (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 12, 2014
I have learned how to work well under pressure and communicate efficiently with the public. I enjoyed the atmosphere of East Side Mario's and working with the staff.
great owners and fun staff
Kitchen Manager/ Floor Manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 11, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: not many to tell
opening and closing shifts... getting ready for all daily orders and getting the staff ready for their days by handing out duties. cookin threw the rushes and doing prep... stocking the line and cleaning for shift change..
Working in all departments of the restaurant front and back
Kitchen staff...
DISHWASHER/PIZZA/SALAD (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: working in the kitchen
Started in dish, moved on to salad/pizza. Made salads and pizza all day and prep'd my station.
productive and fun
Line Cook - Kitchen Manager and Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2014
fun workplace staff and management are fun to work with
i started as a regular cook and advanced to kitchen manager
Very aggressive workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks whenever we wanted
Cons: barely any hours
At times this workplace was verry fast paced and sometimes really slow paced. My co-workers were all very great at training and helping me out, but the management for this job is way to aggressive and uses very unorthodox methods for reinforcement.
Fun and challenging
Line Cook (Former Employee), Burlington ONMarch 10, 2014
East Side Mario's was my second job in food service. I transferred to this establishment after the waterdown location closed. I enjoyed the team and work ethic of everyone i worked with. I had to leave early that year because was starting college and wanted to focus on studies for my first year.
It was in Vancouver but eventually went bankrupt
Cross trained as a Saute Chef, Pizza salads, Front (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
Pros: staff pricing
Cons: drama
Just your regular family restaurant good employees and some bad.
Like a Family, Most Memorable Place I've worked!
HOSTESS & SERVER (Former Employee), sudbury, ONMarch 2, 2014
Always a pleasure to go into work. Such a welcoming environment. It was usually busy ad time passed fast. Although shifts were not scheduled with endings, it was not a bother or inconvenience.
Excellent work environment, with fast-paced duties
Host, Certified Trainer of Prime Restaurants (Former Employee), East Side Mario's, Mavis Rd. Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: there was always something to do, or someone to assist
Cons: it was fairly difficult to be on my feet, bustling around the restaurant for 8+ hours each day.
I held this job for four years, and overall, absolutely loved the experience. I learned how to appropriately handle the fast-paced environment, organization, and personality necessary to succeed in most industries!
Productive, and enjoyable workplace.
Server (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: discounted food.
Cons: not enough hours.
I enjoy working at East Side Mario's. It's a great environment. Meeting new people every day is what I enjoy most about working in the restaurant. However, I don't get enough hours.
just no
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: absolutley nothing
people are terrible food is terrible, places discust's me. should be closed !!

1 2 3 4