East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Farmers
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Learned to cook security tend bar and serve
Cons: Far away from Family
I enjoyed working at one of my first restaurant experiences, learned I shined at multi tasking. The owner gave me lots of room to learn and taught me a lot.
Always Busy
Line Cook (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJune 17, 2015
was always busy doing prep all day cooking lunch and dinner , training new staff doing inventory and ordering. worked very long days. great experience for working in a fast pace environment
Poor Work Experience
DISHWASHER (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJune 16, 2015
No breaks, uptight staff, rude management. In addition, I was promised a certain amount of money for tips, however did not receive this. Also had to pay a fee for my uniform per shift to cover cost for laundry. Wasn't given an option to wash it myself
good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 13, 2015
over all i loved working at east side mario's. good pay to, your food was 6 dollars but it was worth it, u could get anything to eat there.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: inconsistent work hours
I met some of my best friends working here. Had a wonderful first job experience. The managers are a bit inconsistent, some being very laid-back and others being very strict and neurotic.
Fun and interested experience
Line & Prep Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: high stress during rush periods
Working at East Side was both fun and stressful. The people are great and the food is good, it's just crazy when it gets busy. :) A good starter job for someone new to the workforce.
Great Job Experience
Hostess (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJune 7, 2015
My role is to provide estimated wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list and ensuring that the needs of the guests were met while they were waiting, set up dining rooms and make reservation arrangements, and greet guests personally and on the telephone. The people I work with make the job even better.
Great atmosphere and work pace.
Cook (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMay 29, 2015
Typical day: As a cook at east sides I had responsibility to make sure the customers satisfaction of meals were quickly served to them and delicious so they would enjoy coming back time and time again.
-Prepping food for the day
-Reading chips
-Making sure order is correct and to ESM standards.
Standard first job. Not too much to complain about.
Back End Staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: free food. flexible schedule
Cons: long hours until 3 am sometimes. Poor management
The perks were good. The schedule was flexible. However, management positions were not filled with great consideration. Some of the management staff was weaker than others. Both staff members and guests complained about the weaker portion of the management staff.
fun place to work
food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 18, 2015
- Never boring
- Always something to do
- had great co-workers
- I loved the interaction with the customers
- Really good hours
Cooking
Line Cook (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Cooking
Cons: Low wages
it's all good if you enjoy the profession that you are trying to learn, co-workers are great, enjoying cooking also the management is great.
Productive workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and challenging. I got to learn a lot and enjoyed my time there. It's a decent restaurant to work for.
Linecook
Waiter-Summer employment (Current Employee), Honey Harbour, ONApril 18, 2015
Pros: Decent hours Great experience
Cons: can be stressful
I Enjoy work exppecially in a positive fun environment. Working in a kitchen i have learned to work under stress an maintain productivity.
I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed the teamwork. What i enjoyed most about the job is working with my hands an being trusted an counted on to complete a certain task in a profficeint amount of time
East sides
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2015
i enjoid making pizza and salads for the company the management did take a wile to move me up but it was understandable with the circumstances in the dishwashing area.
Worked as a line chef
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
I would prepare the dishes for the customers, usually 5-12ish, non-stop work with little time to collect yourself, until the main dinner service is over at which time you need to start cleaning up. Management wasn't my favourite, very harsh and unapproachable, hard to communicate with
Fun, hard working and fast moving environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: my hours were great, everyone who worked at eastside mario's was amazing, and i was able to work a schedule that made me better and stress free.
- I would get to work, walk up to the front where i stand, make sure the tables are set right and ready for poeple to sit for the waiters / waitresses. After helping anyone who needed help, and also seating people. When the custumers die down i would run and start off my cleaning duties, checking the bathroom, washing chairs, windows, Etc, and helping anyone who needed help. Before i would leave i would have to help any waiters / waitresses with running food or cleaning a table.
-i learned how to get along better as a family / team in a work environment, and how to deal with a stressful situation in a fast moving environment.
-I am still friends will all my co-workers even out of work.
-I loved my job !!!
alright place to work
GARDE MANGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, and eating "mistakes"
Cons: ended up doing alot of other peoples work
At east side mario's, everyday is a laugh. I had great co workers who are family oriented ( we look out for each other). I have definately learned alot about preparing cold dishes, and i got to express an artistic side of me. The hard part of working there was that, even though everyone is supposed to work as a team, not to many people would pull their weight.
Exciting and fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 13, 2015
Its a great place to work, very fast paced and every day a new experience. The owners are willing to work with you and help create a balanced life with personal and work lives.
Fun and enjoyable job with an amazing group of co-workers
Pizza/Salad Chef (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people, discounted food, free drinks, occasional free donuts
Cons: irregular working days
East Side Mario's is both staffed and managed by amazing people. Everyone there is like family; they all look after each other. I had two typical work day's: either I would start my day at 9 am as prep cook, where I would stalk all the food and supplies up for the day and make sure everything is in proportional sizes to make the lives of the chefs easier, or I would work as a pizza/salad chef. As a pizza/salad chef I would make pizza's and salads for the customers and make sure they were put out in a timely and presentable way. I learned how to manage my time in a high stress, fast paced environment as well as teamwork and organizational skills. The hardest part of working there would be getting the food out on time because sometimes our orders would get backed up and we would fall behind. The best part of working at East Side Mario's was definitely the people I was able to work with.
Laid back family restaurant with great community
SERVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, good beginning restaurant job, challenging, staff discount
Cons: occasional short staffing
East Side's was a great first serving job that was challenging at the same time. I have learned a lot at this job about the restaurant industry and about my abilities and ambitions as a server. The hardest part of the job was the trademark of the menu which meant frequent ordering and running of starters. Challenges include the high traffic in guests, and multiple responsibilities when staff was short in the back of house. The managers are helpful and appreciative, and the job itself is often rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5