East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

fast paced enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 November 2016
To work at east side marios you need to be able to quickly and efficiently handle change and disaster, and customers. Having a strong relationship with your team members is the key to a successful career here.
Great Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON23 November 2016
Perfected the art of multi-tasking with the All you can eat bread, soup and salad. This job kept me on my feet and has taught me a lot. Management and coworkers were great!
Great workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 November 2016
Great teamwork and a lot of skills were learned. Exceptional place to start learning serving but am looking to grow from there. looking forward to growing elsewhere
good
Cons
limiting
It is good place to work
Pizza Salad (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
Excellent, have been here 8 months, and would still continue to work as they can become flexible with my schedule some times
Great server experience
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Appleby, ON7 November 2016
The waterdown Keg was my last job and it was fantastic

Work philosophy with passionate management made the waterdown keg a great work experience.

Learned many valuable hospitality techniques from seasoned servers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Slow compared to other locations
Not enough Shifts
Host (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2016
Had started a job here as a host in august and was being given 3 shifts week which was just enough to get by on but now 3 months later and i haven't been scheduled for a shift in 4 weeks, was told that there was error in the schedule but still no changes. Management was okay but would ask for unrealistic expectations. Not all too impressed and will defiantly not visit or work at a east side marios ever again.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
work environment, training
Overall a good experience, if a bit rigid with regards to management
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 October 2016
It was like a big, happy, dysfunctional family, however management were a bit harsh. They made it very difficult to obtain any information, including the schedule, and were very harsh on employees who had very valid reasons for missing work.
Trash
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 October 2016
The job was trash. They expected me to work everyday plus keep my other job. I guessed they did this so they don't feel guilty of leaving me unemployed when they fire me but whatever.
Pros
Discount dinner
Amazing advancement
Pizza/Salad/Line/Host (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 October 2016
Worked here for about a year, went from Dish pit, to Pizza Salad in a couple months, Then to Host and Line cook within a couple months after than. Wage went from $10 min wage in dish pit to $15 on line within a year. Trained new people for 14$/ hour.
People on line take too many smoke breaks, and rush times mean there are no breaks.
Tip out is given every other week (depending on your hours worked and how much waitresses give back) $2 minimum when i worked there. Which seemed like too much to most of the waitressing staff walking away with 60-100 on an average night.
At about 30h/week you'd get about $40 every 2 weeks in the kitchen. Hosting you'd get about $15-20/night
Pros
Free lunch if you pick up shifts. Good overtime, Managers were awesome, Great pay
Cons
Sometimes you get sent home early, Late shifts, Poor tip-out
great place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2016
awsome place great staff all around got hourly plus tip outs free lunch but was only a summer gig would love to work there again my trainers name was norm and he was awsome
Pros
free food, tip out
Cons
repettative
positive atmosphere
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2016
Prepping food for the future, reservations and events. Days would include making pizza, salads and deserts for hungry customers. I learned about the proper storage of food and the high importance of proper sanitation in the work place. The management team was hard working and respected by the staff. The co-workers were well connected which made productivity smooth. Hardest part of the job was when unexpected amounts of people would enter the restaurant when staff was properly prepared. What I enjoyed most about this job was that it had a family like atmosphere, everyone was there to do the best they could do and be helpful at the same time.
Pros
any meal on the menu was discounted
Cons
difficult hours
Literally the worst place I've ever worked
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2016
I was promised max of three shift a week in interview because I am a full time student ended up being scheduled for 5 a week. Applied for prep cook position but it was really just a dishwasher and the put prep cook in ad to attract more people. went to my first shift , none of the mangers were arround to give me training or info about pay. I was given oversized chef pants that I constantly had to pull up throughout the night , I am a medium and they gave me extra large and I was never gaven a correct size .Told I would be done at 9 finished at 11. Constant bad attitude from the rest of the staff although I don't blame them after working under poor management for so long. I quit after a month of horrible management which sucked because the work was easy and I needed a job.
Pros
You will be thankful for any other job
Cons
Too many to list
Great work environment
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
Fun and supportive workplace. Was able to feel comfortable to be myself because of how supportive my team were. Management was understanding and always motivating the team.
Esm
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 September 2016
Was an awesome time working at ESM, although the owner went bankrupt and i lost my job. Overall the experience was awesome, very fast paced and fun.
Pros
great teammates
productive
Kitchen Staff (Dishwasher) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2016
I learned how to keep the place sanitized and clean .
the most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with.
what did i clean? i cleaned the dishwasher plates and pans garbage bins and the floor.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Positives and negatives
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 September 2016
Although it isn't nice to give a bad review, I feel I should at least be open and honest. It wasn't a very good environment, some of the staff were fantastic while others were rather discourteous to others. Supervisor who initially hired me with an agreed upon time set off for me as I had previous commitments to attend, and once the time came decided he got the time he needed me to work out of the way and would not honor his end of the deal. I brought this up and was told if I do not come in, I was fired. So unfortunately I respectfully left that job, though I felt very betrayed.
Pros
Close to bus
Cons
Poor treatment
new people everyday, meeting new and different cultures
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB12 September 2016
greeting all who works with good attitude. new dishes every day cooking and cleaning with all prep that needs to be done, and the co-workers are just so friendly.
Staff at my location was great!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  London Ontario East10 September 2016
For the most part my employment at East Sides was a good one. The owner was great as well as 90% of the staff. The mood was light and hours were plenty if wanted/needed.
Pros
Staff, tips
Cons
Uniforms ugly.
Fun enjoyable work enviroment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2016
I would work at East side Mario's again. great staff and working environment. High energy high pace work environment. Good pay and well managed.
Fun workplace
Line Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 September 2016
It was a good working environment, management was great. Fellow employees made working long shifts easier and less stressful. The time I spent was greatly enjoyable.

2.9