East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, hard working and fast moving environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: my hours were great, everyone who worked at eastside mario's was amazing, and i was able to work a schedule that made me better and stress free.
- I would get to work, walk up to the front where i stand, make sure the tables are set right and ready for poeple to sit for the waiters / waitresses. After helping anyone who needed help, and also seating people. When the custumers die down i would run and start off my cleaning duties, checking the bathroom, washing chairs, windows, Etc, and helping anyone who needed help. Before i would leave i would have to help any waiters / waitresses with running food or cleaning a table.
-i learned how to get along better as a family / team in a work environment, and how to deal with a stressful situation in a fast moving environment.
-I am still friends will all my co-workers even out of work.
-I loved my job !!!
alright place to work
GARDE MANGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, and eating "mistakes"
Cons: ended up doing alot of other peoples work
At east side mario's, everyday is a laugh. I had great co workers who are family oriented ( we look out for each other). I have definately learned alot about preparing cold dishes, and i got to express an artistic side of me. The hard part of working there was that, even though everyone is supposed to work as a team, not to many people would pull their weight.
Exciting and fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 13, 2015
Its a great place to work, very fast paced and every day a new experience. The owners are willing to work with you and help create a balanced life with personal and work lives.
Fun and enjoyable job with an amazing group of co-workers
Pizza/Salad Chef (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people, discounted food, free drinks, occasional free donuts
Cons: irregular working days
East Side Mario's is both staffed and managed by amazing people. Everyone there is like family; they all look after each other. I had two typical work day's: either I would start my day at 9 am as prep cook, where I would stalk all the food and supplies up for the day and make sure everything is in proportional sizes to make the lives of the chefs easier, or I would work as a pizza/salad chef. As a pizza/salad chef I would make pizza's and salads for the customers and make sure they were put out in a timely and presentable way. I learned how to manage my time in a high stress, fast paced environment as well as teamwork and organizational skills. The hardest part of working there would be getting the food out on time because sometimes our orders would get backed up and we would fall behind. The best part of working at East Side Mario's was definitely the people I was able to work with.
Laid back family restaurant with great community
SERVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, good beginning restaurant job, challenging, staff discount
Cons: occasional short staffing
East Side's was a great first serving job that was challenging at the same time. I have learned a lot at this job about the restaurant industry and about my abilities and ambitions as a server. The hardest part of the job was the trademark of the menu which meant frequent ordering and running of starters. Challenges include the high traffic in guests, and multiple responsibilities when staff was short in the back of house. The managers are helpful and appreciative, and the job itself is often rewarding.
productive great place
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 12, 2015
loved my co workers like family
learned a lot about customer service
answered phones a lot made appointments
loved seeing regular customers
I enjoy going to work
Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2015
I have been here for three years. Some pros are:

-Flexible work hours
-good money
-great management
-friendly staff
-positive energy
Good environment, not good managers
Host (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: 15% discount on food
Cons: fired for no good reason
East Side Mario is a good restaurant with good food but less then great management
Working in a kitchen.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free meal.
Cons: not a lot of work some days.
It was easy on slow days,but when it got busy is when I really started to have fun.
Fun group of co-workers
Line Cook/ Trainer (Former Employee), kingston, onOctober 19, 2014
Pros: work with friends
Cons: dis-organized, low pay, no employee benefits, hours deducted from pay stub to save money.
everyday there was a complaint about staff from management...most of the time is was not relevant. the only thing that keeps people working here are the co-workers, the pay is dismal and benefits are yet to be seen. hardest part of the job was being blamed for stuff you have no control over simply because you the only one there at the time for management to vent to.
awful
Server/Expo/Hostess (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: if you want lots of hours im sure they will give them to you
Cons: long hours for little money
this place has a ridiculously high turn over
management is out of control
tons of drama
the money (tips) aren't as good as they once were due to poor mgmt and lack of team work
A vibrant, enthusiastic work environment
Server (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: extremely long hours
- Typical day would include cleaning, serving 8-10 table sections during lunch and 4-8 table sections during the evening.
- I learned to multitask. Having to keep a close on on refilling soup salad and bread was a constant task that had to be done with every customer.
- Management was fairly good. Sometimes unfair environment
- Working with everyone and making new connections and friends
Fun Job for Students
Hostess (Former Employee), AllistonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: half price food, good hours for a student
Cons: minimum wage, no advancement opportunities, understaffed
A typical day at work includes greeting, seating, and making sure the restaurant is tidy and guests are happy. I learned how to manage the general public and how to deal with unpleasant guests among all sorts of interesting restaurant jobs. Hosting is all about customer service. The supervisors here are very nice and will genuinely try to help you if you are overwhelmed. The coworkers are a mixed bag, as it is everywhere. There are the good and the bad. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and all alone on a busy night where you have to choose to either greet guests at the door or clean tables so guests can sit down. It's hard to strike a balance when there's only one of you when there are many things to do. The most enjoyable part of hosting is making people smile and knowing that they had a good time and enjoyed their experience.
ok
Host (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 21, 2014
pyramid scam pretty decent if you actually push your self in the company and work
East Side Mario`s
Server (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 14, 2014
great place to work.
moments where can be overwhelming but with a bit of practice it is easy to over come.
Staff is amazing.
A fast moving environment with constant change
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 30, 2014
This work place provides excellent team communication and corroboration. It starts with the host seating the guests and warming them up to the menu to give them the best experience and it ends with the cashier sending them off with a positive attitude looking forward to seeing them again. I very much enjoyed working for this company.
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Kitchen Helper
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Dish help (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 29, 2014
Apart of the culinary team you're responsible for the overall cooking, its exciting to work at a fast pace but it can also be the hardest part of the job in itself.
The most enjoyable part of working in Culinary is the challenges you have to make, by remember each and every dish and knowing how to make and also be under the stress of a time limit.
But you learn that at the end of the day,you can look back and just see how much you accomplished.
Horrible management and Employee harrassment
Line cook, Pizza, Pantry, Dishwashing (Former Employee), Winston Churchill and ArgentiaMay 25, 2014
Very underpaid for the hard labour I was being told to do. I had no chance of growing in the business unless someone was moved down or out.
Rewarding but high stress work
Pizza/Salad/Prep/Line cook (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: great mangament
Cons: high stress
The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that people enjoy the food I make. while the worst part of the job is the stress accompanied with having to work quick to get food out quickly. This job has taught me how to work fast and efficiently because not only do I have to make food quickly but it has to taste good and look great to.
Managment was very smart and patient.
Senior Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 15, 2014
I loved the fast movement required during the " lunch rush" kept you on your toes and ready always on the ball.

1 2 3 4