East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Training Manager / Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJune 23, 2014
Cons: long hours, upwards of 14hrs a day regularily. work becomes your entire life.
Dealing with guest issues and satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with. A typical day was spent at the restaurant from early morning to after the dinner rush.
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Kitchen Helper
Culinary Crew/Food preparation worker/Dish help (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 29, 2014
Apart of the culinary team you're responsible for the overall cooking, its exciting to work at a fast pace but it can also be the hardest part of the job in itself.
The most enjoyable part of working in Culinary is the challenges you have to make, by remember each and every dish and knowing how to make and also be under the stress of a time limit.
But – more... you learn that at the end of the day,you can look back and just see how much you accomplished. – less
Horrible management and Employee harrassment
Line cook, Pizza, Pantry, Dishwashing (Former Employee), Winston Churchill and ArgentiaMay 25, 2014
Very underpaid for the hard labour I was being told to do. I had no chance of growing in the business unless someone was moved down or out.
Rewarding but high stress work
Pizza/Salad/Prep/Line cook (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: great mangament
Cons: high stress
The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that people enjoy the food I make. while the worst part of the job is the stress accompanied with having to work quick to get food out quickly. This job has taught me how to work fast and efficiently because not only do I have to make food quickly but it has to taste good and look great to.
Managment was very smart and patient.
Senior Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 15, 2014
I loved the fast movement required during the " lunch rush" kept you on your toes and ready always on the ball.
Excellent place to work
Server and Bartender (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 12, 2014
I have learned how to work well under pressure and communicate efficiently with the public. I enjoyed the atmosphere of East Side Mario's and working with the staff.
Kitchen staff...
DISHWASHER/PIZZA/SALAD (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: working in the kitchen
Started in dish, moved on to salad/pizza. Made salads and pizza all day and prep'd my station.
productive and fun
Line Cook - Kitchen Manager and Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2014
fun workplace staff and management are fun to work with
i started as a regular cook and advanced to kitchen manager
Very aggressive workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks whenever we wanted
Cons: barely any hours
At times this workplace was verry fast paced and sometimes really slow paced. My co-workers were all very great at training and helping me out, but the management for this job is way to aggressive and uses very unorthodox methods for reinforcement.
Fun and challenging
Line Cook (Former Employee), Burlington ONMarch 10, 2014
East Side Mario's was my second job in food service. I transferred to this establishment after the waterdown location closed. I enjoyed the team and work ethic of everyone i worked with. I had to leave early that year because was starting college and wanted to focus on studies for my first year.
It was in Vancouver but eventually went bankrupt
Cross trained as a Saute Chef, Pizza salads, Front (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
Pros: staff pricing
Cons: drama
Just your regular family restaurant good employees and some bad.
Like a Family, Most Memorable Place I've worked!
HOSTESS & SERVER (Former Employee), sudbury, ONMarch 2, 2014
Always a pleasure to go into work. Such a welcoming environment. It was usually busy ad time passed fast. Although shifts were not scheduled with endings, it was not a bother or inconvenience.
Excellent work environment, with fast-paced duties
Host, Certified Trainer of Prime Restaurants (Former Employee), East Side Mario's, Mavis Rd. Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: there was always something to do, or someone to assist
Cons: it was fairly difficult to be on my feet, bustling around the restaurant for 8+ hours each day.
I held this job for four years, and overall, absolutely loved the experience. I learned how to appropriately handle the fast-paced environment, organization, and personality necessary to succeed in most industries!
Productive, and enjoyable workplace.
Server (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: discounted food.
Cons: not enough hours.
I enjoy working at East Side Mario's. It's a great environment. Meeting new people every day is what I enjoy most about working in the restaurant. However, I don't get enough hours.
just no
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: absolutley nothing
people are terrible food is terrible, places discust's me. should be closed !!
great food good people but the hours were too unstable
Line Cook (Former Employee), line cookJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good staff good food
Cons: hours not enough or too long
working here for a summer was a good job but the hours were not enough unfortunately and there were not any full time positions not their fault at all. lovely place to work as long as you don't mind being called in on a Saturday night.
Good energy throughout the resturant
Hostess (Former Employee), MiltonJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: never know when your shift ends
Hosting - seating guests and busing tables, always on your feet and up and energetic. I gained more experience talking to customers and creating friendly relationships. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with dinner rush but once got organized things ran smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the look on the customers face – more... as they get greeted with friendly workers. – less
Good learning experience
Part-time Hostess/Takeout (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: minimum wage
Cons: short shifts
Good learning experience- learn about lots of different people
Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: respectful employees
Typical day would be if your a host it would be set the tables then go to the front of the restaurant and welcome people into your restaurant and seat them. I learned How to cook and to be a more respectful person. Most enjoyable part of he job would have to be just working for this company.
Great people
Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: low pay
East Side Mario's Brampton Bovaird location is a Brand Excellence store for three years running.

1 2 3 4