East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cooking
Line Cook (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Cooking
Cons: Low wages
it's all good if you enjoy the profession that you are trying to learn, co-workers are great, enjoying cooking also the management is great.
Productive workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and challenging. I got to learn a lot and enjoyed my time there. It's a decent restaurant to work for.
Linecook
Waiter-Summer employment (Current Employee), Honey Harbour, ONApril 18, 2015
Pros: Decent hours Great experience
Cons: can be stressful
I Enjoy work exppecially in a positive fun environment. Working in a kitchen i have learned to work under stress an maintain productivity.
I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed the teamwork. What i enjoyed most about the job is working with my hands an being trusted an counted on to complete a certain task in a profficeint amount of time
East sides
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2015
i enjoid making pizza and salads for the company the management did take a wile to move me up but it was understandable with the circumstances in the dishwashing area.
Worked as a line chef
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
I would prepare the dishes for the customers, usually 5-12ish, non-stop work with little time to collect yourself, until the main dinner service is over at which time you need to start cleaning up. Management wasn't my favourite, very harsh and unapproachable, hard to communicate with
Fun, hard working and fast moving environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: my hours were great, everyone who worked at eastside mario's was amazing, and i was able to work a schedule that made me better and stress free.
- I would get to work, walk up to the front where i stand, make sure the tables are set right and ready for poeple to sit for the waiters / waitresses. After helping anyone who needed help, and also seating people. When the custumers die down i would run and start off my cleaning duties, checking the bathroom, washing chairs, windows, Etc, and helping anyone who needed help. Before i would leave i would have to help any waiters / waitresses with running food or cleaning a table.
-i learned how to get along better as a family / team in a work environment, and how to deal with a stressful situation in a fast moving environment.
-I am still friends will all my co-workers even out of work.
-I loved my job !!!
alright place to work
GARDE MANGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, and eating "mistakes"
Cons: ended up doing alot of other peoples work
At east side mario's, everyday is a laugh. I had great co workers who are family oriented ( we look out for each other). I have definately learned alot about preparing cold dishes, and i got to express an artistic side of me. The hard part of working there was that, even though everyone is supposed to work as a team, not to many people would pull their weight.
Exciting and fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 13, 2015
Its a great place to work, very fast paced and every day a new experience. The owners are willing to work with you and help create a balanced life with personal and work lives.
Fun and enjoyable job with an amazing group of co-workers
Pizza/Salad Chef (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people, discounted food, free drinks, occasional free donuts
Cons: irregular working days
East Side Mario's is both staffed and managed by amazing people. Everyone there is like family; they all look after each other. I had two typical work day's: either I would start my day at 9 am as prep cook, where I would stalk all the food and supplies up for the day and make sure everything is in proportional sizes to make the lives of the chefs easier, or I would work as a pizza/salad chef. As a pizza/salad chef I would make pizza's and salads for the customers and make sure they were put out in a timely and presentable way. I learned how to manage my time in a high stress, fast paced environment as well as teamwork and organizational skills. The hardest part of working there would be getting the food out on time because sometimes our orders would get backed up and we would fall behind. The best part of working at East Side Mario's was definitely the people I was able to work with.
Laid back family restaurant with great community
SERVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, good beginning restaurant job, challenging, staff discount
Cons: occasional short staffing
East Side's was a great first serving job that was challenging at the same time. I have learned a lot at this job about the restaurant industry and about my abilities and ambitions as a server. The hardest part of the job was the trademark of the menu which meant frequent ordering and running of starters. Challenges include the high traffic in guests, and multiple responsibilities when staff was short in the back of house. The managers are helpful and appreciative, and the job itself is often rewarding.
productive great place
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 12, 2015
loved my co workers like family
learned a lot about customer service
answered phones a lot made appointments
loved seeing regular customers
I enjoy going to work
Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2015
I have been here for three years. Some pros are:

-Flexible work hours
-good money
-great management
-friendly staff
-positive energy
Good environment, not good managers
Host (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: 15% discount on food
Cons: fired for no good reason
East Side Mario is a good restaurant with good food but less then great management
Working in a kitchen.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free meal.
Cons: not a lot of work some days.
It was easy on slow days,but when it got busy is when I really started to have fun.
Fun group of co-workers
Line Cook/ Trainer (Former Employee), kingston, onOctober 19, 2014
Pros: work with friends
Cons: dis-organized, low pay, no employee benefits, hours deducted from pay stub to save money.
everyday there was a complaint about staff from management...most of the time is was not relevant. the only thing that keeps people working here are the co-workers, the pay is dismal and benefits are yet to be seen. hardest part of the job was being blamed for stuff you have no control over simply because you the only one there at the time for management to vent to.
awful
Server/Expo/Hostess (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: if you want lots of hours im sure they will give them to you
Cons: long hours for little money
this place has a ridiculously high turn over
management is out of control
tons of drama
the money (tips) aren't as good as they once were due to poor mgmt and lack of team work
A vibrant, enthusiastic work environment
Server (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: extremely long hours
- Typical day would include cleaning, serving 8-10 table sections during lunch and 4-8 table sections during the evening.
- I learned to multitask. Having to keep a close on on refilling soup salad and bread was a constant task that had to be done with every customer.
- Management was fairly good. Sometimes unfair environment
- Working with everyone and making new connections and friends
Fun Job for Students
Hostess (Former Employee), AllistonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: half price food, good hours for a student
Cons: minimum wage, no advancement opportunities, understaffed
A typical day at work includes greeting, seating, and making sure the restaurant is tidy and guests are happy. I learned how to manage the general public and how to deal with unpleasant guests among all sorts of interesting restaurant jobs. Hosting is all about customer service. The supervisors here are very nice and will genuinely try to help you if you are overwhelmed. The coworkers are a mixed bag, as it is everywhere. There are the good and the bad. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and all alone on a busy night where you have to choose to either greet guests at the door or clean tables so guests can sit down. It's hard to strike a balance when there's only one of you when there are many things to do. The most enjoyable part of hosting is making people smile and knowing that they had a good time and enjoyed their experience.
ok
Host (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 21, 2014
pyramid scam pretty decent if you actually push your self in the company and work
East Side Mario`s
Server (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 14, 2014
great place to work.
moments where can be overwhelming but with a bit of practice it is easy to over come.
Staff is amazing.