East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Positives and negatives
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Although it isn't nice to give a bad review, I feel I should at least be open and honest. It wasn't a very good environment, some of the staff were fantastic while others were rather discourteous to others. Supervisor who initially hired me with an agreed upon time set off for me as I had previous commitments to attend, and once the time came decided he got the time he needed me to work out of the way and would not honor his end of the deal. I brought this up and was told if I do not come in, I was fired. So unfortunately I respectfully left that job, though I felt very betrayed.
Pros
Close to bus
Cons
Poor treatment
new people everyday, meeting new and different cultures
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 12, 2016
greeting all who works with good attitude. new dishes every day cooking and cleaning with all prep that needs to be done, and the co-workers are just so friendly.
Staff at my location was great!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  London Ontario EastSeptember 10, 2016
For the most part my employment at East Sides was a good one. The owner was great as well as 90% of the staff. The mood was light and hours were plenty if wanted/needed.
Pros
Staff, tips
Cons
Uniforms ugly.
Fun enjoyable work enviroment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2016
I would work at East side Mario's again. great staff and working environment. High energy high pace work environment. Good pay and well managed.
Fun workplace
Line Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 6, 2016
It was a good working environment, management was great. Fellow employees made working long shifts easier and less stressful. The time I spent was greatly enjoyable.
Fast Paced and Productive
HOST (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 6, 2016
I really liked working at East Side. Every shift, i was moving at all times and I was always extremely busy. The staff was nice and i loved greeting and seating customers.
Customer Satisfaction Expeditor & Host (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Conducive working environment, daily entertainment activities and strong teamwork capabilities. Fast-paced environment with strong point of sale and selling techniques developed.
Good people to work with and a fun job
Pizza and Salad Chef (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONAugust 26, 2016
My typical day at work would to be making the food that would come in the for customers, such as pizza and salad, and desserts for what the customers are ordering
Busy, and fast working paced job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 17, 2016
Working at East Side Marios was fun, it was a fast paced job and I loved it.
I feel I work better in fast paced environments.
Co-workers were all very friendly and showed me a lot about working at ESM.
The hardest part of the job was trying to do too much at once.
Overall fun atmosphere with friendly employees
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 30, 2016
The staff all knows how to have a good time and is there for one another. Days can be long due to the high volume of large parties, usually hockey teams. Customers mostly come in to use a coupon they received in the mail or to check out the current promotion. Take out and deliveries also account for a large portion of business.
Pros
Half priced food, friendly staff
Cons
Low prices result in lower tips
For the most part very friendly place to work and overall enjoyable staff to be around, very busy and kept me on my toes which I enjoyed.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABJune 20, 2016
A typical day was about a 5 hour shift that was quite steady, I learned a lot about customer service and the job helped me become more confident and outgoing, I learned about food safety and alcohol safety. The management was very disorganized however and schedules were ver inconsistent and changed frequently. I did not find this job very difficult on a regular day it only got a little hard when we got very big rushes and hockey teams/ dance teams. Every part of this job was enjoyable, I love serving and will continue to love every aspect of it.
Pros
Discounts on food, friendly place, taught me a lot about serving.
Cons
Short shifts, disorganized management.
People are great, not the best place to work.
Dishwasher, (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2016
While working you are only provided a 15 minute break on a 8-9 hour shift. the people that are working there usually make it better tho and try and make the time go by faster.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Fast paced and friendly environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 30, 2016
I learned a lot about the importance of giving a perfect customer experience and keeping good relationships with your coworkers
fun enviornment
Dishwashing/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 29, 2016
Great working enviornment the workers were amazing along with the managers\. I learned how to interact with customers and to always have a positive attitude everyday at work. My coworkers were great some needed more help than others but just helps you to work with a team.Most enjoyable part was providing good service to the customers.
dishwasher and pizza salad cook
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON and kitcnener location as wellMay 28, 2016
a day at work was the same doing dishes and making pizza and salads and doing prep, some of the managers were nice, the co workers were ok, i really enjoyed making pizza and salads
Pros
learned new things
Cons
favortism
Fun productive
Kitchen Help Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2016
Everyone there was nice and helpful when you needed help they would help

The people there made it really fun and the team was easy to get a long with
Good place to work and meet new people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 8, 2016
Working with co-workers,meeting new people,making new friends,great place to work,learning new things and been around people.
Good people, great advancement opportunity, stellar job
Sous Chef, Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  387 Wellington Road S, and 3079 Wonderland Rd SMay 5, 2016
My experience at East Side Marios was a pleasant one for sure. Even during the fast paced and often frantic rushes, my team and I managed to keep things from getting chaotic or unorganized. My usual day at work varied depending on the station I was on. Usually I was in Prep making food for the whole day. It was a large responsibility and often I had to modify my quantity numbers on the fly which I became adept at. If I was working on the line it was a much more fast paced environment which required focus, a calm head, and swift cooking skills. My managers changed a few times over the years but I had a great rapport with all of them, the same can be said of my co-workers. Those co-workers who were always there came to trust me to do my part and we built a strong team for getting through lunch and dinner rushes. The most difficult part of the job was staying focused during a busy dinner rush, while maintaining speed and quality of product. My most enjoyable aspect of the job was the moment after a busy rush or a long day of prep where I could look at the work I had done and be proud.
Pros
Great people, food discounts, life skills, kitchen skills
Cons
The kitchen would often get quite hot in the summer
Busy and fun environment
Hostess / Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
A typical day at East Side Mario's is normally either a steady or fast pace, depending on whether it is a lunch or dinner shift that I am working, it also varies on whether or not I am on the floor working as a hostess or a server because these jobs are different and require individual skills for each. It consists of interacting with all types of customers. Some interactions being pleasant and some not so pleasant, which is to be expected in this line of work. There is always a way to stay busy. Working here I learned how to work as apart of a team in order to keep a steady flow to the restaurant. As well as, learning how to speak to customers in an appropriate manner. At this point in time the management could be better, there are issues in the restaurant that are stemmed from the management, affecting the way people work, and the overall mood/atmosphere of the restaurant. The co-workers is the best aspect of this job, the people are amazing and there is a sense of community among the workers. The hardest part is adapting to the extra step of the All-you-can-eat soup or salad. It adds extra steps that can limit the amount of tables you are able to take, but at the end of the night, it is all worth it. Aside from the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job like I previously said is being around the people that I work with, they are what make the job enjoyable.
fun workplace with a lot of coworkers
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 1, 2016
Since East Side Mario's was my first job and I did Co-op there, I learned how to be responsible, always be on time, make sure to be at work at least 15 min before my shift, make sure to call in if I am going to be late for whatever reason, make sure to call in at least 3 hours before my shift if sick or even more than 3 hours, and use my time wisely. In life we wont always get along with everyone, sometimes we might not like who we work with but i learned that no matter what, at work we have to deal with it somehow, and try to be nice to everyone and have respect for each other on the floor or even outside. One if the hardest job at the restaurant as a hostess was to find seating place and have everything under control on Friday nights, the waiting lists would be so long that people had to wait for more than 30 minutes.
Pros
Best tips
Cons
Too much work, did more than expected

2.9