Boys and Girls Club of East Scarborough
100 Galloway Road * Scarborough, ON * M1E 1W7
Tel: (416) 281-0262 * Fax: (416) 281-0458
Youth Program Staff
(contract position for 37.5hrs/week)
East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is a multi-service organization that serves children, youth and their families in Scarborough. The Agency is currently recruiting for a highly-skilled and dynamic individual to join our team and multi-disciplinary staff. The position will require an understanding of working with youth from “high risk” communities, extensive working knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation and strong outreach skills.
Program Staff shall be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of interactive programs for youth that consist of leadership development, academic supports, young men and women’s programs, youth mentorship and peer to peer support programs, etc. He/she shall support participants on an individual basis through referrals; connecting youth to supportive relationships in the community while also inform youth of accessible community resources for additional support(s) when needed. He/she is accountable to the Lead staff for Youth Programs.
- Interact with a diverse community of youth in both group and individual settings.
- Provide opportunities for youth to be challenged physically, cognitively and emotionally in a safe, positive supporting environment.
- Assist with development, implementation and evaluation of new program initiatives.
- Provide quality program which will foster a sense of direction, purpose and community for youth 13-18 in the East Scarborough area.
- Coordinate support to ensure the delivery and effective implementation of leadership development, academic supports, young men’s and women’s programs, youth mentorship and peer to peer support programs, etc. for youth in ‘high risk’ communities.
- Coordinate, implement, and facilitate age appropriate workshop/small group forums, leadership, recreational, and social activities for youth ages 13-18.
- Consistently collaborate with team members, sharing ideas and differences openly.
- Facilitate collaborative partnerships with community agencies, implement programs to positively promote the youth programs and maintain appropriate relations with community stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach to potential problem, and create opportunities for positive change.
- Assist with the set up, delivery and clean up of program areas.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers, members, and community partners.
- Depending on program needs, staff may be required to attend offsite locations and trip with youth.
- Responsible for engaging and assisting youth in completing membership packages.
- Assist with proposal and grant writing.
- Assist with development and implementation of an outreach plan to effectively promote youth programs and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate documentation and provide statistical information as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or 3 yr BA with 2 yrs minimum experience with youth engagement or Bachelor’s degree (Community & Youth Work, Social Sciences or Community Development).
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience with youth development programming or activities.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with underserved youth from an anti-oppressive framework.
- Excellent crisis management and conflict resolution skills; life skills coaching; group facilitation and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth from various cultural, ethnic, social-economic and developmental backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or independently as required.
Assets should include:
- Class “F” drivers license (or willingness to attain) and excellent driving history (copy of driving record is required)
- Absolute desire and ability to facilitate processes that will ensure positive outcomes for children, youth and families.
- Knowledge of Scarborough community and its diversity
- Ability to work flexible hours (2:00pm to 10:00pm and occasional weekends)
- Hold a valid CPR/First Aid Certificate
- High Five Certification or willing to obtain certification prior to employment
- Strong leadership skills, programming skills, time management, and youth management skills
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Job Code: LE-13
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (2:00pm-10:00pm Mon-Fri)
Please submit resume to 100 Galloway Road, Scarborough, ON, M1E 1W7
Fax 416-281- 0458
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The Boys and Girls Club of East Scarborough is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups.
Indeed - 11 months ago