East Penn Canada Employee Reviews

Good benefits, bad management.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 May 2017
The staff at the branch I worked at are great. Nice people, but the management team provide little to no support at all. There was no training to speak of. I learned from the local rep who was too busy doing their job to help a new employee. Calls are not returned and when they are, you are asked to wait until they can get back to you with an answer. A complete lack of direction from the district manager made it very hard to meet expectations that were not clearly defined. The company vehicle's all have GPS and you are tracked 24/7. Nice to have use of the vehicles. But they use the tracking data against you. There is a feeling of paranoia throughout the office. Low moral, high turn over in several positions.
Lack of direction from upper management leave this company in a negative light.
Pros
Personal use of company vehicle, benefits.
Cons
Lack of support, no training, bad moral in office. Micro management.
Good Company on the Outside
Operations (Former Employee) –  Western Canada3 May 2017
Management talks up the benefits of the company and culture. Once you are in they turn in to micro managers. They will remind you of how well you are paid (which you aren't), how the benefits make it a good place to work and they just give blanket raises (not performance based) once a year. East Penn would be a much better place to work if management trusted the people they hired and lived my the mission statement they are so proud of. Good short term employment, but don't expect to retire here with the current management structure
Pros
100% benefit coverage and great RRSP contributions
Cons
Micro Managers, branches are short staffed and very long hours to get the job done
Dynamic; financially stable
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 January 2017
The company is on a continuous path of a double-digit growth.
People are good – strong, loyal, committed professionals.
Good benefits and bonuses.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 August 2016
Nice employer who care in the employee, nice benefit like RRSP, profit sharing and 100 % extended benefit. The management are good and has enviromental concern.
Patient and friendly workplace
Part-time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
My main job involved filing and data entry as an office assistant. Filing encompassed organize documents consistently for easy access, then physically filing them by company. Data entry involved inputting sales data in spreadsheets, creating new files due to new contracts with companies, enter dimensions and weights of products, typing up meeting notes, and more. Near the end my job as "office assistant who does filing and data entry" became "office assistant who does filing, data entry, and odd jobs" - there was always something to do.

Human resources would assign me to someone in the office who had said they needed an assistant. Co-workers were friendly and patient, especially when instructing me for new tasks. It varied between people, but most would ask if I could repeat what they had told me to do, and if I had any questions or concerns. They would also check if I had taken my break or had lunch, and if I was having lunch or taking a break, would include me in conversations.

The hardest part of the job was its tediousness - filing and data entry alone could take up a full work day, and the only variation would be the data to read or enter. However, co-workers helped to make it an enjoyable job. I never once felt insignificant, unappreciated, or uncomfortable.

From these experiences I re-affirmed that it's okay to ask questions and ask for help, especially for new tasks. I learned efficient ways to adapt to unexpected jobs without feeling overwhelmed. I got comfortable asking if people wanted my take on tasks and if I could help them instead of waiting for them
  more... to ask me. It also greatly improved my handwriting!  less
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Tedious work
Steer clear!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON29 October 2015
Horrible experience here. Let the whole marketing team go with no valid explanation and after positive annual reviews. Poor management, no direction or job security. Expected to work long hours. Years behind in digital marketing initiatives and ecommerce.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.
Cons
Management, job security, obsolete marketing protocol
fast paced
Preventative maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 September 2015
There was a lot of job advancement choices but most were outside ontario. This is a very family run business but overall was a great place to work.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
Good promises but don't deliver
Industrial Battery Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 November 2012
The company will promise you lots. but when it comes to advancement and wages they don't deliver. Avoid
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horrible bosses and advancement and wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Penn Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4