Established in 1979 and currently experiencing double-digit growth, East Penn Canada sells lead acid batteries to the automotive, industrial motive power and stationary back up power supply markets. Through our Head Office located in Ajax, Ontario, we operate 15 distribution locations across Canada.
Presently we are seeking to fill an evening warehouse position for our Ajax Head Office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble customer orders from stock
- Assists Delivery Drivers in picking, plaqueing, and loading orders onto delivery trucks
- Sorts and places batteries or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, or product code
- Utilizes battery charging area to charge or test new and returned product.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or stock areas to storage or to other designated warehouse areas
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 1-2 years in picking, packing, shipping and general warehouse duties
- Forklift Operator Certification or experience is a must.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move boxes up to 40 lbs
- Good communication skills (listening to follow instructions, conveying information to colleagues and to supervisor/manager)