We’re Growing Again!
Established in 1979 and currently experiencing double-digit growth, EAST PENN Canada sells lead acid batteries to the automotive, industrial motive power and stationary back up power supply markets. Through our Head Office located in Ajax, Ontario, we operate 14 distribution locations across Canada.
Presently we are seeking to fill the following position for our Saskatoon branch.
Territory Sales Representative
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Manager / Supervisor in development and implementation of sales plans to ensure territory sales targets are achieved.
- Contributing to the development of sales campaigns specific to assigned territory based on customer needs, price schedules and discount rates and market analysis of volume potential.
- Co-ordinating and performing customer detailing, presentations, trade show support, sales and technical training and other related support as required.
- Contributing to preparation of sales forecasts, providing regular reporting and analysis of actual against planned activity.
- Developing target lists, setting territory goals, and identifying potential target markets or new product opportunities to increase sales.
- Performing personal selling with existing accounts and targeting new business.
- Properly servicing national accounts assigned by Head Office.
- Building solid, long-term business relationships.
- Developing role as trusted advisor to current / new / potential clients.
- Communicating sales and advertising programs to dealers, distributors and clients.
- Analyzing sales statistics and advising clients of potential methods to improve sales.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education
- Specific courses in Management and Marketing.
- 3-5 years of marketing and sales experience.
- Experience in the automotive battery, manufacturing / automotive /industrial sectors a definite asset but not a critical requirement.
- Proven sales ability; knowledge of sales techniques and strategies.
- Solid relationship building competencies.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Superior presentation skills.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and negotiation skills.
- A solid team player that can trouble shoot, resolve issues and achieve results.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel. on-line inventory and sales management applications.
- Asset – Knowledge of automotive after-market and/or battery industry.
- Asset – Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and WHIMS.
- Valid Driver’s License required (clean driving record).
We offer a competitive remuneration package including, full benefits, bonuses and profit share.