Located in Calgary or Edmonton, the District Sales Manager, Western Canada, will manage the sales activities of East Penn Canada in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Assist the Director, Automotive Sales in developing and implementing national and district sales and marketing programs and policies to ensure sales and profitability targets are achieved within their region.
- Prepare district sales forecasts and provide regular reports and analysis on district activity, including sales volume and potential sales
- Provide direct leadership to 7-15 employees within the Automotive sales department
- Assign sales territory to Sales Representatives and Sales Supervisors and work closely with them to develop target lists, set goals for the territory, and identify potential target markets or new product opportunities to increase sales and profitability
- Manage staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop the sales team
- Maintain ongoing communications to ensure that Sales Representatives and Supervisors are highly motivated
- Advise dealers, distributors and customers concerning sales and advertising programs
- Analyze sales statistics and advise customers on methods to improve sales
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules and discount rates, and develop sales campaigns specific to the region
- Represent East Penn Canada at trade association meetings to promote products
- Prepare territory sales expense budget; monitor and control expenses
- Provide Director, Automotive Sales with regular updates about the competitive environment and industry activity within the region
- Perform personal selling with existing accounts, target new business and accompany Sales Representatives as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education, with specific focus on management, sales or marketing
- 5-10 years of marketing and sales management experience, with 5-7 years’ experience in the automotive battery industry
- Proven ability in outside sales and sales management
- Effective ability to plan, organize and direct programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage staff to meet desired performance standards
- Strong negotiation, presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Solid budgeting and forecasting skills
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Solid team player that can troubleshoot, resolve issues and achieve results
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and programs
- Good understanding of automotive after-market and the battery industry
- Knowledge of Word, Excel as well as on-line inventory and sales management systems
- Ability to travel up to 50% travel to Western Canada branch locations required
About East Penn Canada
Established in 1979 and currently experiencing double-digit growth, East Penn Canada sells lead acid batteries to the automotive, industrial motive power and stationary back up power supply markets. Through our Head Office located in Ajax, Ontario, we operate 14 distribution locations across Canada.
The company has a long history of recognizing and rewarding employees through internal promotions and a very competitive remuneration package.