Productive and Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) – Port Coquitlam, BC – 24 April 2016
- A typical day includes changing into work attire, scanning out my section of tables, cleaning the glass and silverware on each table with a cloth and hot steam, engaging in conversation with customers, taking drink and food orders, serving drinks and food, always smiling and always putting customers first
- to better engage in random conversations with people I just met, to multi task under high pressure, to pay close attention to what is being ordered, to watch for allergies, to re-read and double check orders before punching them in, to always smile and always out customers first
- Management was not the greatest, they did favour certain people over others depending on how close of friends they were or how long they knew each other. They were nice people in general, but weren't fair at times with treating all employees equally.
- The hardest part was not being affected with seeing other people who did not work as hard get better treatment than the people who did work very hard. It was accepting that it was just the way things were.
- The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers and getting to know so many people who would just make my day!
discounted meals, tips