Earls Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great
Expeditor/Server Trainer/Host (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB4 December 2017
Great place to work, easy and lots of money. It's a clean environment with support from management and good training for new servers for the most part. Advancement is possible when people prove they can handle the job.
Pros
good money, good managment
Cons
owner: mean, harrassing, has no real expefeince in restaurants, cant listen, things he knows everything
Busy Restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2017
An extremely busy restaurant who messed multiple staff members around by training them and then not putting them in the positions they trained for. This is only of the restaurant I worked in out of the chain of Restaurants so it might not be valid for all of them.
Pros
I liked my colleagues
Cons
Not very well organised
Everyone at Earls considered their colleagues family. Fun, happy workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 November 2017
Earls Langley was one of the bet places I have ever worked. From the moment I began working here I felt as if I was part of the Earls family, and so I became. I took many valuable relationships from working at this establishment, and I would recommend this workplace to anyone. The staff at Earls Langley are helpful, community oriented, kind, and hard working. Though I only worked here for less than a year, I saw many opportunities for myself in terms of advancement and growing within the company. On occasion I was asked to work double shifts, or I would take them willingly, because working here did not so much feel like work. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to work here, and for the experience I have gained from working here.
Fun, Fast, Furious
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2017
Fast paced and high intensity kitchen with a largely male staff. Laid back and fun place to work. Learned a lot of important restaurant kitchen responsibilities and culture.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Poorly managed
A great place to work!
Day coach (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Earls is a great place to work and learn how to become a leader in the culinary world. The management team is always great and always willing you help you out when you need help.
Fun environment
Bar porter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
Earls is a fun atmosphere great learning experience great management and co workers. Lots of opportunities and different ways to learn. All around good establishment
NIce people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 September 2017
Everyone is super nice there, hours are flexible, the pay is good, but you have to be willing to put in the work I worked there I found it hard so I left.
Pros
50% lunches
Cons
hard work
strict work environment at a face changing pace
EXPEDITER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 August 2017
I would arrive 15 minutes before my shift starts to prepare and clean my workstation. As the shift starts you immediately start your job reading orders and preparing to give the servers the food to the guests. Leaders, and managers will standby if you need help, or if a rush of huge parties come in to increase efficiency. I learned to quickly adapt to face changing environments as it could be an empty restaurant one minute, but suddenly it could fill up. Prioritization and organization Is key, I would deem this the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job would be seeing the guests leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
short hours
Always have fun events.
Head Hostess/Administration (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hill, BC23 August 2017
Another amazing company to work for in every aspect. The management team, in which I had the opportunity to be a part of was awesome. It was a fun and fast pace environment.
Made a life time long friendship almost with everyone.
Pros
Flexible hours and great mangement team.
Cons
The location I was at shut down.
Very fake atmosphere
Setter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
This wasn't really a job for me and I only got this job because my brother worked there. It's a very busy atmosphere so you could only enjoy it if you really love to serve people on a daily basis
Pros
Discount of 50%(while on the job. 10% when not working)
Cons
No tips, busy atmosphere, dresscode
Amazing place to work for a student
Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 August 2017
Amazing staff, always a fun place to work at. Everyone gets along very easy. If you love cooking, earls is the place that you need to apply at. Always looked forward going into work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB23 July 2017
Loved working at Earls, great company. They truly value the food they serve and ensure that it is the best quality. Only complaint would be they were always short staff and there for it made for long days.
loved it!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
I was super young when I worked at Earls. The staff was amazing, management was even better. Everyone was so helpful and training was super easy too!!
Pros
Discounted food, good staff and great environment
Outstanding company!
Day Sous Chef/Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
A fantastic company from top to bottom. Leadership is way ahead of the curve in all areas. New and exciting concepts, ongoing training, and high standards drive this company to the top of my list of employers in Canada.
workers are treated poorly
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
they made me work a 12 hour shift and only paid me for 8 hours terrible work place enviroment where they throw you in with no training and expect you to know everything
Great team, great training
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC17 July 2017
Earls was a fast paced exciting place to work. The management really seemed to care about employees and interacted in a respectful and inclusive manner. Really enjoyed being a part of this team.
Pros
Work environment, the food, training, tips and bonuses
Cons
Split shifts, shift work
Short term
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2017
This was fun in the beginning and the atmosphere was great at first, yet as staff and management changed, the organization suffered and it lost the spark that originally attracted me to begin with.
Pros
Good tips, made some good friends
Cons
Poor management and favouritism
good company
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
great company to work for, i wish i could have any sort of impact on what goes on the menu and/or get to experiment with different cooking methods. The pay is also very bellow average.
Fast paced work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
Very stressful, fast-paced. Management sometimes disregards employees well-being. I enjoyed connecting with servers, it opened a lot of opportunities for the future.
Pros
vacation pay
Cons
long hours, touchy-feely customers
Decent
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2017
Earl's was a good place to develop my customer relation skills. The other hostesses were super relatable which made it more exciting to go to work. Advancement in to waitressing or bartending was encouraged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earls Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.