earls Restaurant Employee Reviews in Canada

fun workplace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
fast pace environment, lots of working under pressure, hardest part sometimes was selling bills on time, most enjoyable part was having the ability to make good food after a shift.
Pros
fun environment
Fun, energetic atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2016
Met great people every day while gaining valuable service industry experience
Learned how to multi-task in a fast-paces environment
Productive, fun atmosphere
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Earls Willow ParkMarch 7, 2016
Great staff, great hours, great atmosphere. By far the best environment I have worked in. The hours allow me to get things done during the day, that I otherwise would not be able to, and the management team is very accommodating.
Fun and positive work environment
Earls Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Earls is a great first job, you can really grow there. Great employees and managers. Fun and energetic place. Its really fun meeting and greeting guests.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fast paced and energetic
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
Working at Earls was a great experience. Working with customers and making sure the company goals were implemented in all our sales. Great management, and wonderful atmosphere.
Awesome workplace, positive people, always growing!
Food Prep/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work at Earls would be..
I come in at 6am-3pm, start prepping food for the day/night/week that we need until 11 am. Then I would go on the line and cook for guests.
I learned knife skills, how to properly cut food, and the quickest ways to prep and store food!

My manager was the best! He was always positive, and always helping out everyone, he always put in long hours even if he was running off of 2 hours of sleep!

My co workers were my best friends, we were all like a little family. it was awesome because I was away from my family.

Hardest part of the job would be I didnt have any kitchen experience at all, so I had to learn everything brand new.

Most enjoyable part of my job was always learning new things! I learned something new everyday.
Pros
50% off meals, GREAT co-workers!
Productive and Fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at earls because i really enjoyed the culture and location of where the Earls i was working at was. i liked the pressure and pace of the way the restaurant would flow.
The hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant and preparing for the next day.
Family oriented enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray, ABAugust 10, 2015
As a hostess a typical day at work for me was being at the front of the restaurant to greet and seat people. Doing this I learned to communicate well with people. The management was great, friendly and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please every customer the best we could. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different activities and parties that were held by Earls.
Pros
50% off of meals
Cons
Always changing environment. Great to be part of a strong team.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba and Edmonton AlbertaJuly 2, 2015
What can I say, this is where it all began for me. I started working for Earls in high school as a dish washer and after years of development and learning I ended up as an Assistant General Manager. I enjoyed all my time at this company. My reasons for leaving were personal and unrelated to the job. I would be open to returning to this company as their focus on the people who work for them is unmatched.
great people
Earl's Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
Earls is a great place to work at solely for the amazing people you will meet, you will make life long friends there but it is more often then not a disorganized work environment. if you like hectic and busy then earls is the place for you. the management was a hierarchy and no one else say mattered. the best part about the job was definitely the people, not just fellow employes but also guests, yes you did have some rude guests but the there was the regulars that come in all the time and the genuinely nice customers that just came for a great meal.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Fast passed, energetic
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Working in kitchens is fast passed and needs a keen eye to detail. Earls was a good company to work for. I learned a lot from the chef and had the opportunity to work through my apprenticeship with them.
Understanding employers and good work days.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kamloops BCJanuary 18, 2015
Day generally go by quickly. Employers very understanding.
....
Fry cook (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy working in such a fast passed high stress envirmonet.
The cleaning portion of my work can sometimes get some what boring however.
Fun workplace, poor pay and opportunity for Setters
Setter/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2014
earls is a great place to work in the service industry, but only if your actually serving the guests. As a Setter, not only are you underpaid and under-appreciated by your co-workers, but you don't make any money from tipping because you're not actually serving the guests. I would encourage the company to collect a percentage of tips from the servers and distribute them among the setters and hostesses. Ever though they are not serving the guests, these other jobs require a lot of time and effort. I only ask for a recognition of their company value from the other employees.
Pros
fun, upbeat, positive.
Cons
stressful, unrewarding, challenging.
Need a job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 20, 2014
Hard Worker. I'm very persistant person, that get's the job done.
Pros
hard worker
Cons
keep improving!!
I loved going to work but it was hard to balance with my everyday because I didn't have set shifts.
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 8, 2014
I really loved this job. All of the people I worked with were amazing and I am still really good friends with everyone. Unfortunately I had to move out to toronto so I cannot keep the job.
Pros
great friendships, working with people, discounted food.
Cons
bad hours
Earls
Assistant Restaurant Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Great company to work for, lots of growth opportunity. Very team oriented atmosphere, fast paced. Very enjoyable working with a team who exemplifies the values and morals or the company. .
Pros
network with great people
fun to work
Line cook/Food Supervisor (Former Employee) –  fort mc murray albertaJanuary 16, 2014
very busy working place
i learned to be patient
fun to work with the management and co-workers
the hardest part is when its to busy
but the most enjoyable is when you finished your day
Great place to work and a great owner!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Nothing but great thing's about this restaurant, and the ownership. I was able to bank $4000 in seven months!! Had to work hard though.
Pros
great company
energetic workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2013
Best place especially for freshers; online kitchen provides energetic and enthusiatic environment in BOH ( back of house). Co-workers are very helpful and gives knowledge to each individual and work as a team.