earls Restaurant Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting
Evening Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
Lots of people to meet and new skills to learn. Skills that can be taken home and used daily at home or in the working world.
It was decent but couldn't fit with my schedule
High School apprenticeship program (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
i worked at earls for a year and a half. It was alright, but wasn't able to fit too well with my football schedule at the U of M, but now that my season is over my time is more free.
Pros
The staff was great and respectful.
Cons
Shift times interfered with football.
Nice environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
This is a nice environment to work. Everyone is commited to serve food with excelent level of quality.
I learned all the recipes and work in may stations.
The chefs are experienced and you have many room to promotion.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Salary
Fun working environment which included other students like myself
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2016
Assisted the cooks in the kitchen with meal preparation, and also washed the dishes when needed of me. Learned to work as fast as possible so as to not fall behind since people are constantly ordering food. Fun working environment, composed mainly of other students.
like-minded individuals who are striving to grow and learn as employees and people outside of the workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 May 2016
Each day we will come into work, check our sections for the current day, and then we will proceed to wait until guests come into the restaurant to be served. Throughout the shift, we will be conversing with guests, multitasking and remembering many different things we must complete, all while being composed and elegant under pressure. At the end of the shift, we will be tasked to complete a duty before we are able to leave, once this is finished and we have checked out with our fellow peers, then we are able to go!

I have learned to be able to handle myself very well under pressure, as well as becoming more coordinated with balancing heavy objects on my arms/hand.

Everyone in our restaurant is very friendly and it has come to feel like a family! It is very nice because the employees are all around the same age, so it is easy to make friends and relate to others. I would highly recommend working for Earls!
Good people but management needed work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
I enjoyed working with the individuals there, but noticed multiple inconsistencies with management that greatly effected the way the restaurant operated.
Fun workplace and positive environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2016
Loved working in a restaurant because of the people interaction and flexibility of the job while I was in school. The summers are often not busy, however, so seeking new job.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
Sore feet
fun workplace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
fast pace environment, lots of working under pressure, hardest part sometimes was selling bills on time, most enjoyable part was having the ability to make good food after a shift.
Pros
fun environment
Fun, energetic atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2016
Met great people every day while gaining valuable service industry experience
Learned how to multi-task in a fast-paces environment
Productive, fun atmosphere
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Earls Willow Park7 March 2016
Great staff, great hours, great atmosphere. By far the best environment I have worked in. The hours allow me to get things done during the day, that I otherwise would not be able to, and the management team is very accommodating.
Fun and positive work environment
Earls Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Earls is a great first job, you can really grow there. Great employees and managers. Fun and energetic place. Its really fun meeting and greeting guests.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fast paced and energetic
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
Working at Earls was a great experience. Working with customers and making sure the company goals were implemented in all our sales. Great management, and wonderful atmosphere.
Awesome workplace, positive people, always growing!
Food Prep/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2015
A typical day at work at Earls would be..
I come in at 6am-3pm, start prepping food for the day/night/week that we need until 11 am. Then I would go on the line and cook for guests.
I learned knife skills, how to properly cut food, and the quickest ways to prep and store food!

My manager was the best! He was always positive, and always helping out everyone, he always put in long hours even if he was running off of 2 hours of sleep!

My co workers were my best friends, we were all like a little family. it was awesome because I was away from my family.

Hardest part of the job would be I didnt have any kitchen experience at all, so I had to learn everything brand new.

Most enjoyable part of my job was always learning new things! I learned something new everyday.
Pros
50% off meals, GREAT co-workers!
Productive and Fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2015
I really enjoyed working at earls because i really enjoyed the culture and location of where the Earls i was working at was. i liked the pressure and pace of the way the restaurant would flow.
The hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant and preparing for the next day.
Family oriented enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray, AB10 August 2015
As a hostess a typical day at work for me was being at the front of the restaurant to greet and seat people. Doing this I learned to communicate well with people. The management was great, friendly and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please every customer the best we could. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different activities and parties that were held by Earls.
Pros
50% off of meals
Cons
Always changing environment. Great to be part of a strong team.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba and Edmonton Alberta2 July 2015
What can I say, this is where it all began for me. I started working for Earls in high school as a dish washer and after years of development and learning I ended up as an Assistant General Manager. I enjoyed all my time at this company. My reasons for leaving were personal and unrelated to the job. I would be open to returning to this company as their focus on the people who work for them is unmatched.
great people
Earl's Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2015
Earls is a great place to work at solely for the amazing people you will meet, you will make life long friends there but it is more often then not a disorganized work environment. if you like hectic and busy then earls is the place for you. the management was a hierarchy and no one else say mattered. the best part about the job was definitely the people, not just fellow employes but also guests, yes you did have some rude guests but the there was the regulars that come in all the time and the genuinely nice customers that just came for a great meal.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Fast passed, energetic
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2015
Working in kitchens is fast passed and needs a keen eye to detail. Earls was a good company to work for. I learned a lot from the chef and had the opportunity to work through my apprenticeship with them.
Understanding employers and good work days.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kamloops BC18 January 2015
Day generally go by quickly. Employers very understanding.
....
Fry cook (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 January 2015
I enjoy working in such a fast passed high stress envirmonet.
The cleaning portion of my work can sometimes get some what boring however.