earls Restaurant Employee Reviews

Very fake atmosphere
Setter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
This wasn't really a job for me and I only got this job because my brother worked there. It's a very busy atmosphere so you could only enjoy it if you really love to serve people on a daily basis
Pros
Discount of 50%(while on the job. 10% when not working)
Cons
No tips, busy atmosphere, dresscode
Cook (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB23 July 2017
Loved working at Earls, great company. They truly value the food they serve and ensure that it is the best quality. Only complaint would be they were always short staff and there for it made for long days.
loved it!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
I was super young when I worked at Earls. The staff was amazing, management was even better. Everyone was so helpful and training was super easy too!!
Pros
Discounted food, good staff and great environment
good company
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
great company to work for, i wish i could have any sort of impact on what goes on the menu and/or get to experiment with different cooking methods. The pay is also very bellow average.
Great people you work with.
Prep and Line Cook, brunch coach (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC13 June 2017
To advance in this company has nothing to do with skill but with charisma. Who likes you. I've seen staff bust their butts for really poor pay go no where while others who can barely function become sous chefs. Maybe my location specifically but there needs to be better management.
Pros
If you're on meal plan that's great, parking, awesome work vibe working with all your friends.
Cons
Bad pay, unorganized schedules, chef doesn't carethe staff wants/ needs at all. ( on the kitchen side only)
Had no place to learn.
DAY COACH (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB6 June 2017
Prep in the morning. Then work the Lunch Rush. back to prep and then home. Did not learn a lot here as they did not give me the necessary tools to run a shift.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 May 2017
Earls trains their new employees very well and makes sure they have the required skills to work in the restaurant industry. They are also very accommodating and foster a positive, collaborative working environment.
Restaurnt
Server/Bartender/Manager/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
Typical restaurant job. Minimum wage. Fun environment. Good friends. But this company is no longer in business because it didnt make enough money in the location it was in.
Busy Yet Manageable
Expeditor/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2017
Working at Earls was very fast paced which is to be expected at the location I was working in. I enjoyed the atmosphere very much. I highly suggest working at Earls to others seeking employment.
Everyone loves an Earls Girl
Hostess, Busser, Expo (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
I was an Earls girl from age 16 to 19! Learned a LOT about customer service and how to handle myself as a young girl in the service industry. Had lots of fun, but its definitely not for everyone...

Want to know more about earls Restaurant?

Ask a question
good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
It was friendly, a completely new experience for me. Hours were amazing and pay. The lunchroom was very big and nice. the Staff was very focused, good team skills.
Great money earning job, terrible work quality life
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
Great place to work if you want a temporary position that will earn you lots of money. Not great to stay at for longer than that as work drama, manager drama is very common within this kind of work place.
Pros
50% off food, great money
Cons
Not flexible with your own personal l
Stressful and NO Benefits
Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
The job was very stressful and the benefits were little to none, at least when it came to working in the kitchen. On the other hand management and colleagues were very respectful and nice.
Great workplace with fun employees.
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 December 2016
Consistently busy, serving numerous tables while taking food and drink orders.
I learned strong communication skills between co-workers and management.
In my opinion I thought management could have improved the way they acted towards their employees. Sometimes employees were not treated fairly or were blamed for unforeseen events.
I loved the co-workers. They made the working environment a much more desirable place to be in.
Hardest part of the job was trying to manage my time wisely between many tables at one time.
Most enjoyable part of the job was creating an atmosphere to allow customers to return on a daily basis. Getting to know customers on a personal level was a great feeling.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Not enough hours. Didn't know when we would be off
Great learning experience
Jr. Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 November 2016
Was a stepping stone into the apprenticeship program. Paved the way for my culinary career. Everyone worked hard, and the test kitchen in the back made it interesting.
Fun and exciting
Evening Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
Lots of people to meet and new skills to learn. Skills that can be taken home and used daily at home or in the working world.
It was decent but couldn't fit with my schedule
High School apprenticeship program (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
i worked at earls for a year and a half. It was alright, but wasn't able to fit too well with my football schedule at the U of M, but now that my season is over my time is more free.
Pros
The staff was great and respectful.
Cons
Shift times interfered with football.
Nice environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
This is a nice environment to work. Everyone is commited to serve food with excelent level of quality.
I learned all the recipes and work in may stations.
The chefs are experienced and you have many room to promotion.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Salary
Fun working environment which included other students like myself
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2016
Assisted the cooks in the kitchen with meal preparation, and also washed the dishes when needed of me. Learned to work as fast as possible so as to not fall behind since people are constantly ordering food. Fun working environment, composed mainly of other students.
like-minded individuals who are striving to grow and learn as employees and people outside of the workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 May 2016
Each day we will come into work, check our sections for the current day, and then we will proceed to wait until guests come into the restaurant to be served. Throughout the shift, we will be conversing with guests, multitasking and remembering many different things we must complete, all while being composed and elegant under pressure. At the end of the shift, we will be tasked to complete a duty before we are able to leave, once this is finished and we have checked out with our fellow peers, then we are able to go!

I have learned to be able to handle myself very well under pressure, as well as becoming more coordinated with balancing heavy objects on my arms/hand.

Everyone in our restaurant is very friendly and it has come to feel like a family! It is very nice because the employees are all around the same age, so it is easy to make friends and relate to others. I would highly recommend working for Earls!