earls Restaurant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at earls because i really enjoyed the culture and location of where the Earls i was working at was. i liked the pressure and pace of the way the restaurant would flow.
The hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant and preparing for the next day.
Family oriented enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee), Fort Mcmurray, ABAugust 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off of meals
Cons: Long hours
As a hostess a typical day at work for me was being at the front of the restaurant to greet and seat people. Doing this I learned to communicate well with people. The management was great, friendly and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please every customer the best we could. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different activities and parties that were held by Earls.
Always changing environment. Great to be part of a strong team.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg Manitoba and Edmonton AlbertaJuly 2, 2015
What can I say, this is where it all began for me. I started working for Earls in high school as a dish washer and after years of development and learning I ended up as an Assistant General Manager. I enjoyed all my time at this company. My reasons for leaving were personal and unrelated to the job. I would be open to returning to this company as their focus on the people who work for them is unmatched.
great people
Earl's Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: management
Earls is a great place to work at solely for the amazing people you will meet, you will make life long friends there but it is more often then not a disorganized work environment. if you like hectic and busy then earls is the place for you. the management was a hierarchy and no one else say mattered. the best part about the job was definitely the people, not just fellow employes but also guests, yes you did have some rude guests but the there was the regulars that come in all the time and the genuinely nice customers that just came for a great meal.
Excellent Job
Hostess (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 25, 2015
I was able to use my valuable skills at this place of work as well as learn many different roles which has helped me develop some of the valuable skills I have to offer to my future employer.
Fast passed, energetic
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Working in kitchens is fast passed and needs a keen eye to detail. Earls was a good company to work for. I learned a lot from the chef and had the opportunity to work through my apprenticeship with them.
Understanding employers and good work days.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Kamloops BCJanuary 18, 2015
Day generally go by quickly. Employers very understanding.
....
Fry cook (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy working in such a fast passed high stress envirmonet.
The cleaning portion of my work can sometimes get some what boring however.
Fun workplace, poor pay and opportunity for Setters
Setter/Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2014
Pros: fun, upbeat, positive.
Cons: stressful, unrewarding, challenging.
earls is a great place to work in the service industry, but only if your actually serving the guests. As a Setter, not only are you underpaid and under-appreciated by your co-workers, but you don't make any money from tipping because you're not actually serving the guests. I would encourage the company to collect a percentage of tips from the servers and distribute them among the setters and hostesses. Ever though they are not serving the guests, these other jobs require a lot of time and effort. I only ask for a recognition of their company value from the other employees.
Need a job
Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 20, 2014
Pros: hard worker
Cons: keep improving!!
Hard Worker. I'm very persistant person, that get's the job done.
I loved going to work but it was hard to balance with my everyday because I didn't have set shifts.
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great friendships, working with people, discounted food.
Cons: bad hours
I really loved this job. All of the people I worked with were amazing and I am still really good friends with everyone. Unfortunately I had to move out to toronto so I cannot keep the job.
Earls
Assistant Restaurant Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: network with great people
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for, lots of growth opportunity. Very team oriented atmosphere, fast paced. Very enjoyable working with a team who exemplifies the values and morals or the company. .
fun to work
Line cook/Food Supervisor (Former Employee), fort mc murray albertaJanuary 16, 2014
very busy working place
i learned to be patient
fun to work with the management and co-workers
the hardest part is when its to busy
but the most enjoyable is when you finished your day
Great place to work and a great owner!!
Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: long hours
Nothing but great thing's about this restaurant, and the ownership. I was able to bank $4000 in seven months!! Had to work hard though.
energetic workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2013
Best place especially for freshers; online kitchen provides energetic and enthusiatic environment in BOH ( back of house). Co-workers are very helpful and gives knowledge to each individual and work as a team.
Earls
Server (Former Employee), British ColumbiaNovember 6, 2013
service industry
long hours/busy location
low wages but ok for tips
I loved the people that I worked with, but I quit because if the horrible managment.
Setter (Former Employee), Edmonton Alberta (South Edmonton Common)August 13, 2013
Pros: free drinks and $5 off any meal you choose (during work), 10% off your entire bill if you eat there (when you aren't working)
Cons: no tips! no one would get tips if you weren't working in the back kitchen or a server.
It was a great opportunity to get to know great people but my over all experience wasn't great, I'd get hours that you wouldn't be doing anything then they would make me stay hours later than I was suppose all the time, the management would talk down to me like I was a 5 year old, the skipped me on pay all the time at least 3-6hrs per pay check, and I would talk to other co-workers who would be missing hours and pay as well. Even with all of the trouble I had to go through with all the problems I had to deal with it was such a tough decision to actually quit, because I just loved all of my co-workers (who weren't involved in management) they were all amazing to work with and it was a pretty easy job, the hardest part of working at earls would have been having to lift a good 20-30lbs of dishes, glassware and cutlery.
Great Place to work, lots of friendly people.
Expeditor (Current Employee), Willow Park CalgaryMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible, friendly, dedicated staff.
Cons: some of the management is a little inexperienced.
All my co workers at Earls are great, Management is good and its a good environment to learn about the restaurant industry, or to advance your career.
good work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Whistler, BCFebruary 13, 2013
Fast paced work environment , especially during peak rush hours. I learned how to multi task and work under pressure. Friendly co workers and management.
Fun workplace with a fast environment surrounded by interesting people
Server/Shift leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 10, 2012
Pros: meeting exciting people and being in such a busy environment
Working right on a busy downtown Vancouver street was fascinating because there were tons of tourists. I met people from Sweden or Japan every day just travelling through or there on business. Working in a restaurant gives you exemplary people skills, especially at Earls. The management team was a solid group of hard working people dedicated to making customers and employees have a great time. The best part of the job was turning a guests experience from a bad one into a great one.