Earls Kitchen + Bar Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Line Cook - Closing Coach (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 October 2017
Workplace culture had an emphasis on enjoying your work. In turn giving the best possible product even in the stress of daily kitchen life. I learned all the basics of various kinds of cooking, including pan fry, fry, grill, and oven work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people who work there. Closely followed by the streamlined process of getting raw food to a finished product.
Fun workplace with lots of oppurtunities
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
I worked at earls for over two years, in different positions such as a hostess, guest experience manager and server. There is lots of opportunity for growth and learning within the company.
Management was good.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2017
I would come clock in, come into the kitchen set up my station.
When an order would come up, I would call the order and start that bill. I learned a lot of about cooking in general as I came into this job with zero cooking experience. The workplace culture was good people there really seemed upbeat and excited. The hardest part of the job was I had no kitchen experience before and worked one of the busiest week of the year as my first week.
Pros
Good people to be around
Cons
Pay was not worth it
Great place to work but low pay
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 July 2017
Great staff and general place to work . Restaurant is very clean and customers are great. However unless you are a head or sous chef, hours are very hard to get resulting in small paychecks.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
Low hours
Fun working envirenment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC24 May 2017
Fast paced envirenment, good people to be around and work with. Mangement is helpful and friendly. Leanred lots of great comunication skills. The hardest part of is having to deal with so many rude customers, but the best part is being around great coworkers.
Pros
the people
Cons
rude customers
Fun workplace
Server & Part Time Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC18 May 2017
Great co workers that are fun. Great online training programme is very useful and can do it your own time. Get to taste all the food.. Should get more breaks.
Fun place to work & Socialize
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2017
-Fun to work with the staff
-Management turnover high
-Schedule is not helpful if you have other jobs/ need to get sleep
-Develops customer service skills
Pros
1/2 off food. Walk away with tips
Cons
Unpredictable hours, high stress
Good experience in a fast-paced environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC fir & broadway4 May 2017
I worked as a dishwasher at Earls over the summer. A typical day started with cleaning the deep fryers and setting up the dishwasher in the morning, then washing food prep equipment until the restaurant opened. I learned what happens behind the scenes at a restaurant, and to appreciate everyone's hard work. The culture was fun, a lot of young adults in their 20's, fun people to work with. Hardest part was the deep fryer cleaning in the morning, but I got pretty fast at it near the end. Funnest part of the job was talking with the staff throughout the day.
Pros
half-off everything on the menu (max 20$)
Cons
Waking up early (you get used to it though)
Very quick environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 May 2017
You had to be a very fast to work here. Customers happen to fly in and out so keeping up but doing so with quality is definitely an asset. That being said, working here was very fun, met good people and the flexibility of your schedule was good as well.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
Fun and fast paced environement
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2017
The people make it so much fun to work here. You learn not to take yourself too seriously either. The management is changing lately so cant comment on that. But the kitchen staff are friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable work creating memorable experiences with guests.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
A typical work day consisted of a predictable rush of customers, mostly business persons, followed by a routinely silent restaurant and time spent cleaning. Working at Earls provides servers opportunities to network with guests and create memorable experiences. The absolute most enjoyable part of my time there was spent with the amazing staff and supportive leaders.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Poor job security, no room for advancement.