Do you bring an abacus with you on vacations? When you saw “A Beautiful Mind”, did you understand what Russell Crowe was writing on the chalkboard?
Earls Kitchen + Bar is hiring a Payment Services Administrator to work at our brand new head office in Gastown, the hub of Vancouver’s top-notch dining scene. In this role, you will work on our Payment Services team (reporting into our Director of Payment Services) to ensure the flawless operations of our financial systems.
The person that is best suited for this role has phenomenal organizational skills, is comfortable working within deadlines, is detail oriented and is at their best working as part of a team (PS, this team is fun, so a healthy appetite for laughter is an important attribute, too). You will work with people cross-functionally throughout the organization to accomplish your work, both in person, over the phone and via email. Dynamic communication skills and a sense of urgency are a must for this position.
A little bit about us. Earls Kitchen + Bar (Earls Restaurant Ltd.) is a family-owned chain of sixty-five restaurants throughout North America. We got our start in Canada (where sixty-one of our locations are) and also have expanded into the U.S., where we have three spots in Colorado and one in Washington State. We are about to open our first location in Miami in early 2014, followed by restaurants opening in Boston and Chicago later on in the fall. Big things are on the horizon and there is a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
- Receive data files for both payroll (multiple provinces) and accounts payable. Make necessary adjustment to the files, balance and process the cheques. Payroll is processed bi-weekly, AP is processed weekly
- Receive and respond to payroll and some accounts payable inquiries via e-mail and phone calls
- Benefit Administration
- Maintain files & process payments for Receiver General, WCB, Garnishees, RRSPs
- Respond to HRDC enquiries and other government agencies
- Has knowledge of labour standards for multiple provinces and provide information to management as requested
- Run regular reports for the Operations team
- Performs related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- Prepare and process all year end requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as take direction from others when required
- High level of integrity - maintains discretion and strict confidentiality
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Thrives working both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to take some courses outside of work to further their knowledge of payroll and/or accounting
- a great sense of humour is required
- a commitment to life balance is also required
- open to feedback and personal development
- motivated and goal-oriented
Applications for this role can be directed to finance earlswantsyou com. Have questions or wondering about other roles open with Earls Kitchen + Bar? Check out our website (www.earlswantsyou.com) or find us on Twitter at @earlswantsyou.