Is customer service in your DNA? Do your ears tingle when you get a ticket on your support desk screen?
Earls Kitchen + Bar is hiring an IT Support Specialist on our People Operations team. We are expanding into new, exciting markets and poised for growth. As an IT Support Specialist, you will ensure that we grow smoothly and efficiently.
The person best suited for this role has been a jack-of-all-trades - supporting everything from desktop/remote clients, networking equipment, database/point of sale servers, to our in-house proprietary software. This is a crucial role, as you will be the nexus point between our users, developers, and systems people - ensuring problems are found, diagnosed, and corrected quickly. It will require business acumen, technical skills, project management, and people skills.
- Act as front-line technical support, identifying, triaging, and solving problems
- Work with our development team, aiding in identifying problems with our products
- Become an expert in our business and find ways to improve our products and service
- Troubleshoot and solve whatever problems come to you
- Become an expert on our products and systems and act as a resource/guru to the whole company
- Develop self-service troubleshooting content
- Excellent written and communications skills, both technical and non-technical
- Windows 7/8/OS X workstation use/setup/configuration
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows server admin/configuration
- TCP/IP networking skills, understanding of basic network topology and functionality
- MS Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with Micros or other point-of-Sale software, including Squirrel, would be an asset
- Proficiency using SQL, including basic queries would be an asset
Other Things We Look For:
- Experience working in a restaurant/ knowledge of hospitality industry and operations
- A serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved)
- A great sense of humor
- Open to personal development and growth
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
- Willing to travel on occasion
Indeed - 4 months ago
A little bit about us. Earls Kitchen + Bar (Earls Restaurant Ltd.) is a family-owned chain of sixty-six restaurants throughout North...