Are you a culinary professional who is inspired by cutting edge culinary challenges and techniques?
Earls Kitchen + Bar is looking for a Guest Chef - Culinary Development to work with our Culinary Development team. In this role, you will spend time cooking with our Culinary Development team, creating dishes together, imparting your cooking techniques, and developing and creating progressive, innovative recipes.
The person that is best suited for this role is extremely passionate about food, has phenomenal organizational skills, is detail oriented and is an exceptional leader, both in and out of the kitchen. You recognize how all facets of the business work together to create a brand that results in an irresistible experience for our guests. You have cooked and received awards/recognition on the international stage. Your experience includes being an Executive Chef in relais, chateau and Michelin star or similarly certified restaurants. You have extensive experience in the development, training and launching of completely new menus. You are able to demonstrate your skills through the preparation, demonstration and presentation of tastings for the CEO, CFO, President and the executive team.
A little bit about us. Earls Kitchen + Bar (Earls Restaurant Ltd.) is a family-owned chain of sixty-five restaurants throughout North America. We got our start in Canada (where sixty-one of our locations are) and also have expanded into the U.S., where we have three locations in Colorado, one in Washington State, one in Florida. We will be opening, restaurants opening in Boston and Chicago later on in the year.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, culinary or related field
- International Chef experience
- Executive Chef in Relais, Chateau and Michelin or similarly designated restaurants
- Established acclaim in the US culinary field, including national/international awards, press exposure or cookbook publishing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Executive Chef
- Minimum 10 years’ culinary experience
- Seasonal menu development for award winning restaurant/chain
- Extensive experience in the development, training and launching of completely new menus.
- Proven ability to bring national/international recognition as a result of menu transformation
- A great sense of humour is seriously required
- An ability to develop and mentor individual in chef skills and menu development
- Primary – Earl’s Restaurant King Street - #100 – 150 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
- Secondary – Earl’s Restaurant Hornby – 905 Hornby Street, Vancouver BC V6Z 1V3/Earl’s Restaurant North Vancouver – 303 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3J8
- Corporate Office - #200 – 425 Carrall Street, Vancouver BC V6B 6E3
- Contract Consulting position
- $2,500 per day of onsite consulting (Approximately 2 days per month)
- No Participation in Benefits Plan
- Travel expense reimbursements
Have questions or wondering about other roles open with Earls Kitchen + Bar? Check out our website or find us on Twitter at @earlswantsyou.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
A little bit about us. Earls Kitchen + Bar (Earls Restaurant Ltd.) is a family-owned chain of sixty-five restaurants throughout North...