Is your Pinterest “Cool Typography” inspiration board overflowing? Do you see life in Pantone colors? When people say “Vector”, do you think of your InDesign toolbar instead of breakfast cereal?
Earls Kitchen + Bar is hiring a Graphic Designer to join our in-house Marketing team. We are looking for a highly creative, technically-inclined designer to be a vital contributor to the Marketing Department, supporting many top-tier initiatives and lending their creative vision to assets used throughout our business.
In this role, you will work closely with our Marketing team to create industry-leading visual assets and storytelling experiences. You will work in all stages of creation, from the initial concept phase to creating final designs and presenting for sign-off. This is a highly cross-functional role that will see you working with our Marketing and People Operations teams on a variety of work, from in-store marketing and advertising campaigns to digital assets and beyond.
The person best suited for this role will be an innovative, solution-oriented designer who strives to produce work that elevates our brand and reflects the Earls Experience. At Earls Kitchen + Bar, we pride ourselves on being authentic – and this value applies to the people we hire, the food and drinks we prepare and also the way we tell our brand stories. While we have a brand look and “feel”, we are not a restaurant chain that encourages static design; rather, we design each individual asset based on specific requirements. We want someone who is able to balance brand cohesion with a passion for progressive execution.
A little bit about us. Earls Kitchen + Bar (Earls Restaurant Ltd.) is a family-owned chain of sixty-five restaurants throughout North America. We got our start in Canada (where sixty-one of our locations are) and also have expanded into the U.S., where we have three spots in Colorado and one in Washington State. We are about to open our first location in Miami in early 2014, followed by restaurants opening in Boston and Chicago later on in the fall. Big things are on the horizon and there is a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
- strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- degree in Graphic Design
- ability to produce print ready production artwork to specifications provided
- strong organizational skills – able to manage own time and projects effectively
- detail oriented – from typography to alignment, you produce meticulous work
- capable of designing and producing a wide variety of marketing collateral, including: brochures, newsletters, customized templates and other marketing communications pieces for publications
- experience in digital applications (Flash/HTML/Dreamweaver etc.) as well as experience working with web developers
- works well independently and as part of a team
- able to work in fast paced and high pressured environments
- exudes a high level of professionalism
Other Things We Look For:
- experience working in a restaurant
- a serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved)
- a great sense of humor
- open to personal development and growth
- big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
- willing to travel on occasion
If you are interested, please apply with your resume and portfolio with the subject heading "Application - Graphic Designer."
For more roles at Earls Kitchen + Bar, please check out our Careers page or follow us on Twitter at @EarlsWantsYou.