Earl Horst Systems is looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to support and extend our management team’s commitment to a safe and productive workplace. In this role you will assist the Human Resource Manager in the development and execution of EHS’s Health and Safety initiatives at head office, at our branch locations, and at various project worksites throughout Ontario.
Demonstrable and consistent success in this role will likely result in promotion to the Health and Safety Manager’s position within two to three years.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and report on changes in the regulatory and corporate environment, and assist the Health and Safety Manager (HSM) with the assessment, development, coordination, and execution of plans to address these changes.
- Develop and deliver internal safety presentations on topics with significant relevance to field and shop operations.
- Provide health and safety orientations for new employees, conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Work at corporate and client locations to inspect, evaluate, and report on workplace environments, equipment, and processes, and enforce compliance and adherence to safety standards and government regulations related to the health and safety of employees.
- Deliver accurate and timely information to the HSM on workplace incidents, accidents, and events, and assist with the production of reports and action plans for the same.
- Identify and track Health and Safety needs with regard to staff training and take steps to ensure that training is delivered in a timely fashion and as required to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Recent, related work experience in OHS with a focus on identifying and building customized health & safety programs for specific worksite needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a proven ability to effectively influence and motivate others.
- Significant knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and how/when it applies to the construction and light manufacturing industries.
- A willingness to travel to various client sites and corporate locations.
- Possession of a valid Class G driver’s license and a good driving record.
- (Preferably) A CRSP or CSSE designation.
Earl Horst Systems serves customers throughout Southwestern, Central, and Eastern Ontario. Our focus is in the agricultural market –...