EaglePicher is one of NASA's most trusted suppliers. EaglePicher has powered manned and unmanned missions including Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Lunar Rover, Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station as well as hundreds of other commercial, military and scientific programs. EaglePicher Technologies has been a leader in designing and manufacturing of batteries, battery management systems and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical and commercial industries for nearly a century.
EaglePicher's Surrey, BC location, which specializes in the manufacture of specialty batteries used in implantable medical devices, has several vacancies for QC Technicians, afternoon shift - With a rotating Saturday shift (once a month only).
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the QC Technician will be accountable for reviewing documentation and inspecting and testing component parts to ensure all requirements are met.
- Review quality documents to ensure accuracy of documentation and report any issues.
Inspection & Testing
- Complete incoming, in-process and final inspections
- Complete quality control records and required documentation
- Perform testing based on pre-determined protocol
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment is maintained at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of two years in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to use computers in a MS Windows environment with mid-level experience working with MS Excel
- Ability to work with equipment requiring manual dexterity (use of fine motor skills with hands)
- Must have working knowledge of production audit processes
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to see fine details and components under a microscope – good vision is required for inspection purposes as incumbent will need to pass or fail components during inspection process
- Experience working within an ISO quality system environment, preferably ISO13485
- Minimum: High school graduation or equivalent.
- Required: Post-secondary education in Quality Assurance or Quality Control or related experience in chemistry, physical science, production & operations.
Hours of Work
- The regular shift is 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm – Monday through Friday, (Occasional Saturday shift will be required per production schedule. This will be on a rotation basis and will be based on a 40 hour work week).
- Training must take place on the day shift (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) for approximately 2-3 months.