Eagle Hard Chrome Inc. is seeking a dynamic leader to join their team in the position of Operations Supervisor in Edmonton , AB.
Drawing on your extensive technical knowledge and leadership/mentoring expertise, you will manage the day-to-day operation of the branch and ensure that the assigned duties of all staff is completed on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
Specifically, duties will include:
· Scheduling work and ensuring order due dates are met;
· Opening and closing the facility each day and ensuring the facility is always safe, clean and operational;
· Setting work expectations and performance levels with the Lead Hand;
· Maintaining a sound repair environment with a focus on process improvement and best practices, while adhering to ISO registered work procedures;
· Monitoring quality, efficiency and safety of repair work;
· Leading monthly employee safety and production meetings;
· Developing and mentoring employees, trainees and trades people for ongoing improvement in branch performance;
· Ensuring all equipment and tooling is properly maintained and functional and all customer product is appropriately stored;
· Identifying and resolving operational issues;
· Communicating with internal/external stakeholders including management, clients, and shop employees;
· Providing technical support, expertise and information to clients;
· Working with sales to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and to resolve customer issues;
· Assisting the General Manager in maximizing sales/profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets/targets as well as assisting with successfully recruiting, developing and retaining quality staff at all levels.
This senior role is ideally suited to an individual who has a Journeyman Certificate/Trades license in a respective field. Equivalent industrial/mechanical experience or a combination of experience and a post-secondary education in a related field will also be accepted.
A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience managing trades personnel including demonstrated success in providing leadership and making complex decisions in a service environment is required.
You are experienced in managing workflow in a machine shop or heavy equipment repair environment in order to meet cost, quality and delivery requirements, and you have a solid understanding of OH&S regulations and employment legislation. In-depth technical expertise and strong troubleshooting and failure analysis skills are essential , as is extensive knowledge using conventional machine shop equipment and tooling (lathes, milling machine, and boring mills).
A love of coaching, leading and mentoring others, and experience or training in hydraulics, industrial chrome plating, and welding would definitely be advantageous.
As well as a competitive wage, the organization offers a lucrative bonus structure over and above the salary.
Eagle Hard Chrome is a company that truly values its employees, and you will be welcomed into a supportive and friendly team. Joining this rapidly growing organization will open up fantastic opportunities for long term career advancement opportunities available as the business develops!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high-performing, leadership-oriented individual to join our growing company! If this is you, apply today!