Located in Montreal and under the supervision of the Director, T&D business unit, within the Product Management and Marketing Department, your main responsibility will be to promote EXFO products, increase their visibility and make sure our products meet our customer’s needs. You will also manage a team of Product Managers and Specialists providing coaching, mentoring, leadership and guidance to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage product roadmap for assigned product line/application group;
- Initiating market research for new potential areas of interest;
- Provide market expertise and product requirements for cross-BU specific projects
- Serve as the solutions/application expert when dealing with internal and external customers for assigned application area
- Develop and maintain product family roadmap and vision;
- Develop and own yearly Marketing Plan for assigned product line, working closely with assigned Product Marketing Specialist
- Ensure go-to-market plans of each PLM (within application group) maintain consistent messaging to that outlined in Marketing Plan
- Create and maintain application group 3-year business plan; including SWOT and key opportunity areas for growth (organic and others)
- Develop market sizing for assigned product line; providing periodic benchmarking to senior management against the competition
- Analyze product line performance and metrics; providing periodic benchmarking to senior management; and develop corrective tactical plans (as needed)
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Product Line Managers and Product Specialists within application group
- Prime contact for partnership/OEMs/acquisitions technical due diligence that fall within product line family
- Very good knowledge of networking protocols including Ethernet, IP and MPLS;
- Very gook knowledge of transport technologies including SONET/SDH, PDH and OTN technologies
- VoIP and Fibre Channel protocols knowledge would be an asset.
Required Skills and abilities
- Focus on clientele, results and action;
- Good comprehension of telecommunication field and our customer challenges;
- Business oriented: being able to expend “business case”;
- Well positioned in the industry (networking);
- Teamplayer : capable to share with and to learn from coworkers;
- Capable to propose creative solution to the problems encountered.
- Autonomous and efficient with continuous improvement of his/her skills and work methods.
Education and professional requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: 10 years as a Product Manager.
- Experience in employee management.
- Language requirements: French and English (speaking and writing).
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
If you are interest in this position, please apply through our website and specify the title of the position for which you are applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.
EXFO is among the leading providers of next-generation test and service assurance solutions for wireless and wireline network operators and equipment manufacturers in the global telecommunications industry. Founded in 1985, EXFO has grown substantially faster than its market sector.
EXFO has over 1700 employees spread in 25 countries supporting more than 2000 telecom customers worldwide, and several tier-1 American and European network operators rely on its expertise.
We offer innovative solutions for the development, installation, management and maintenance of converged, IP fixed and mobile networks—from the core to the edge. Key technologies supported include 3G, 4G/LTE, IMS, Ethernet, OTN, FTTx, and various optical technologies (accounting for an estimated 35% of the portable fiber-optic test market).
EXFO is a fast-moving company, and we are looking for the best talents to perform in this highly competitive industry.
EXFO is, above all, a dynamic team that works together in a fast-pace and high-performance environment.
Visit our website www.exfo.com for our many career opportunities throughout de world.
At EXFO, expertise is built around you!