The candidate must enjoy work in a goal oriented and professional environment with a high degree of accountability and accuracy.
- General administrative overflow duties for General Counsel and others where needed
- Answer phones as part of incoming phone answering roster
- Electronically filing important project documents in HQ required format
Legal Agreement Management:
- Preparation for Delivery: Final preparation of various documents from templates together with cover letters to explain their purpose as well as coordination of mailing and return
- Management of the list of outstanding documents and status
- Follow up with Reviewing counsel/outstanding items for status
- Determine delays on return of documents
Internal Document Requests & Coordination with Due Diligence Process:
- Review requests and collect documents in format necessary for due diligence counsel (to be review by lead counsel before submission)
- Assistance with the compilation from various parties of the information and documentation necessary for the preparation and completion of Force Majeure claims to the OPA.
- Completion of review of Legal - Electronic and Hard Copy filing for consistency and management of the filing system and hard copy back up on an ongoing basis.
- Assistance with the development of a database of internal templates ( For example - NDA’s) for quick response to agreement, correspondence and information request from legal.
- Preparation of the biweekly update letters for review by counsel , communication and executive
- Additionally, immediate correspondence and assistance in coordination of necessary meetings or teleconferences between all defendants and counsel for urgent issues.
- Experience in engineering or legal document control is strongly preferred.
- Post secondary education an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint) and advanced knowledge of computer folder structures (Windows).
- The ability to work independently, to attain project goals.
- Physical endurance to withstand the duties of this job, including sitting, walking and standing; keyboarding, handling, feeling or operating standard office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; the ability to read and interpret data, information and documents; analytical and problem solving skills to solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; and math and mathematical reasoning acumen.
- The ability to observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with project managers, staff, contractors, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
- Basic working understanding of contract language, (commercial terms, legal terms, engineering terms).
- A strong desire to “do what it takes” to meet all required deadlines.
Indeed - 2 years ago