EV Logistics was formed in 1999 through a partnership between two successful logistics companies; Exel Logistics (one of the world's largest logistics companies) and Versacold Group (Canada's largest cold storage company). Our operations include a 385,000 sq. ft. perishable facility and a 420,000 sq. ft. ambient dry storage facility located in Langley, B.C., where we employ approximately 600 associates and provide grocery distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers. Ongoing success has led to this outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst:
- Produce monthly financial statements for EV Logistics and the Partnership Management Committee (PMC);
- Prepare monthly customer invoices and monitor accounting of receivables cash flow;
- Review internal controls and approve AR/AP batches as signatory with general management;
- Review profit and loss statements and general ledger statements and ensure adherence to corporate policies and accounting principles;
- Monitor capital investment depreciation schedules and report monthly;
- Report weekly on trending financial forecasts for operations, attend weekly financial meetings;
- Produce annual overhead budget and assist in the development of customer operating budgets;
- Analyze variances from budget, forecast and prior periods to identify trends, risks and opportunities and assist in development and implementation of action plans for both entities;
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting cash flow needs;
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of financial reporting systems
- Assist the facility General Managers with developing relevant KPI information and in the development of business cases as well as their commercial and financial understanding;
- Establish and implement appropriate internal control processes and procedures and assist in the development of new business proposals;
- Assist the Director, General Managers, Financial Operations, in other duties as assigned;
- Completed accounting designation in CMA/CGA/CA;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position in an operationally focused environment;
- Experience with computerized financial systems a must as well as strong Excel/PC skills;
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, multitasking, analytical, prioritizing and communication skills – both oral and written;
- Must be a team player combined with a strong sense of collective responsibility, high individual motivation and self-direction.
Reporting To: Director, Operations
Start Date: June 2013; TBD
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter describing how your qualifications meet the requirements of this position apply online now. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2013.
Indeed - 22 months ago
EV Logistics was formed in 1999 through a partnership between two successful logistics companies; Exel Logistics (one of the world's largest...