The modern, fast-growing discipline of Location Analytics involves the application of GIS technology to optimizing business decisions for industries such as banking, insurance, real estate, retail, entertainment and government, among others. Esri Canada has an exceptional opportunity for an Industry Manager focusing on Location Analytics in our Business Development group. This new, national, industry management position requires a senior, consultative, well-organized self-starter with a strong Business Analytics and Business Intelligence background and demonstrated experience in the application of Location Analytics to optimizing business decisions. Based out of the Toronto, Calgary or Montreal office, you will leverage your knowledge and experience to support the Sales and Professional Services teams in designing, developing, proposing, selling and delivering successful Esri-based Location Analytics solutions for our Private and Public Sector customers across Canada.
The ideal candidate will have strong background in Business Analysis, Business Intelligence and GIS including relevant Location Analytics work experience.
Location Analytics, Industry Manager responsibilities include:
- Support and collaborate with Esri Canada Regional Directors, Account Managers, Business Partners, Marketing, Professional Services and Technical Support across Canada on Location Analytics vertical strategies, business opportunities, presentations and demonstrations
- Work in close consultation with Esri Canada Regional Directors, Account Managers, and associated Business Partners with regards to specific customer requirements and activities
- Continually acquire and maintain a solid understanding of the evolving requirements of Esri Canada’s customer base, products, services and emerging trends in the Location Analytics sector
- Liaise with Esri Inc. and other Esri Distributors’ Industry Management staff on Location Analytics issues and opportunities
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulatory requirements, technology, strategies and sales of Esri products and services, business partner offerings and competitor information worldwide
- Establish and develop solid working relationships with senior executives within the industry
- Work with customers in a consultative manner to evaluate and document their existing business environments as well as assessing, developing and documenting future Location Analytics requirements
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs), presentations, bench marks, customer information inquiries with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Actively participate in the development, documentation and communication of Location Analytics Best Practices, Case Studies, References, White Papers, Solution Description/Prompters and other industry communication tools
- Make recommendations with respect to marketing activities, trade shows, user groups, etc. to best showcase Esri Canada’s Location Analytics solutions
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Technical Support colleagues in preparation for trade shows, user conferences, and presentations etc.
- Be engaged with applicable Industry Associations and Working Groups and key Industry Events
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years proven experience in Location Analytics with a focus in one or more of the Retail, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Entertainment sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at Executive Levels
- University degree in GIS and/or Business Analytics is required. A specialization or Graduate Degree/Diploma in Location Analytics would be preferred
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines and adhering to budgets
- As this is a national position, regular travel in Canada as well as occasional travel to the US will be required
- Full bilingual (English/French) skills would be considered an asset
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Send resume, quoting file number HO26-12 to:
*Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.*
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...