ESCO Edmonton is seeking a Robotic Maintenance Technician for our Welding/Fabrication Shop to perform the maintenance and programming duties required to maintain our robotic welding equipment.
Main responsibilities of this position:
Program robot paths, set up program structure and implement offline programming.
Use of programmable logic control systems (PLC's) to program and troubleshoot automated equipment
Configure robot IO, weld interface and program call.
Set up structure for robot programs. Develop and control program structure as jobs progress.
Work on Robot drawings and configurations. Read and interpret electrical blue prints, schematics and specifications.
Order and control of spare parts for the PTA department
Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective parts, test and make adjustments to automated production equipment
Perform highly diversified duties to repair and maintain automated production equipment: chiller, powder feeder, welding power source and torch maintenance
Assist in Powder Control: Receiving Quality tests, blending of ESCO and pre mixed powders, perform preproduction Quality control tests, oversee powder distribution, overspray reclamation and processing, and quarantined powder problem solving and resolution.
Monitor, Control and rebuild IMPA and E52 torches.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Diploma / Associate's degree in Electronics, Engineering, or Welding Technology and/or equivalent years’ experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and/or as part of a team
- Ability to identify potential problems when performing job functions
- Good understanding of IO, transfer of information between Robot and PLC, and PLC functionality.
- Practical experience and good understanding of electrical circuitry and wiring.
- Experience with Reis robots and asset
- Experience with welding processes an asset
- Independent/coordinated robotic motion control experience
- Experience in Lean manufacturing an asset
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume via indeed or fax to 780-413-4834