ESCO Edmonton, Alberta
ESCO is a leading manufacturer of technically-rich metal wear-parts and components for mining, construction and power generation. Throughout the world, our employees have made ESCO the customer's choice for quality, value and speed. For nearly a century, ESCO has delivered cutting-edge products, responsive service and field-tested solutions to customers' toughest problems.
ESCO designs better products, eliminates waste, drives down costs and empowers employees to pursue continuous improvements. The result: ESCO customers spend less and produce more. Whether digging deep within the earth, providing energy to pump oil, or building bridges and freeways, ESCO's employees and products help people, businesses and communities grow and prosper.
Our Edmonton Welding/Fabrication Shop is seeking a Quality Manager, who will manage the quality and process improvement functions for the Edmonton facility. The Quality Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and providing motivation to employees under direct and indirect supervision. The Quality Manager will assume a key leadership role and will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s commitment to quality and process improvement is fulfilled by developing and implementing the quality and process improvement initiatives for the facility.
This position will report to the Site Manager and participate as a member of the management team, contributing to management decisions on all facets of the operation.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- Manage and lead the Quality Department.
- Design, create, and deploy the Quality and Continuous Improvement programs, including organizing, managing, promoting, and leading the quality and process improvement function, including the following processes: audit, operation review, supplier approval, compliance, and customer complaints.
- Determine the financial, training and human resources required for the Quality Department.
- Manage and assess the performance of direct reports and the performance of quality and continuous improvement actions by other employees.
- Manage objectives within the constraints of scope, quality, time, change management and cost, to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and develop intimate knowledge of customer’s operating philosophies and specific procedural requirements, in order to surpass requirements and address deficiencies where required.
- Accountable for driving the success of the quality and continuous improvement functions.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or other related field and 10 years of Quality Management/Continuous Improvement experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Lean Six-Sigma and project management experience a strong asset
- Goal orientation and action-focused, self-disciplined with very strong inter-personal skills
- Proven track record in mobilization and engagement while managing a team
- Strong client facing skills and ability to manage a development team
- Experience developing and deploying an effective ISO 9001 Quality Management System; lead auditor experience an asset.
- Strong background in data collection and analysis. Proficiency with MS Office and Oracle.
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Human Resources Manager, ESCO Canada Ltd, 9510 56 Avenue, Edmonton, T6E 5W7 * Fax: 780.413.4834 * Email: via Indeed * www.escocorp.com
Indeed - 18 months ago
ESCO is well ensconced as a global manufacturer of metal parts, castings, and components for industrial machinery. It operates through two...