ESCO is a leading manufacturer of technically-rich metal wear-parts and components for mining, construction, power generation and aerospace applications. Throughout the world, our employees have made ESCO the customer's choice for quality, value and speed. For nearly a century, ESCO has delivered cutting-edge products, responsive service and field-tested solutions to customers' toughest problems.
ESCO designs better products, eliminates waste, drives down costs and empowers employees to pursue continuous improvements. The result: ESCO customers spend less and produce more. Whether digging deep within the earth, providing energy to pump oil, or building bridges and freeways, ESCO's employees and products help people, businesses and communities grow and prosper.
Our Edmonton welding/fabrication shop is seeking a Quality Inspector who will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving quality assurance and continuous improvement processes, to enhance customer satisfaction and eliminate causes of defects, scrap and rework. This position will report to the Technical Manager and will be based in Edmonton, Alberta.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- Develop and review ISO 9001 QMS documentation
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle Non-conformance management – initiating, tracking, resolution and closure
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes
- Conduct visual inspection on 100% of welds completed, mark visual defects for correction, if any found
- Ensure the correct welding procedure is being used and followed by the welder(s) during the welding operation.
- Orient and Train employees in applying quality procedures, techniques, materials and equipment
- Conduct internal audits
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and Lean Manufacturing practices required
- Background in a fabrication, manufacturing, or construction environment is essential
- Experience as ISO 9001:2008 internal auditor an asset
- Certified NDE Inspector ( Level 2 preferred)
- Certified Welding Inspector ( Level 2 preferred)
- Self-motivated, organized and able to work in high pressure deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Oracle
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Fax: 780.413 4834 or email via indeed. www.escocorp.com