ESCO is a leading manufacturer of technically-rich metal wear-parts and components for mining, construction and power generation. Throughout the world, our employees have made ESCO the customer's choice for quality, value and speed. For nearly a century, ESCO has delivered cutting-edge products, responsive service and field-tested solutions to customers' toughest problems.
ESCO designs better products, eliminates waste, drives down costs and empowers employees to pursue continuous improvements. The result: ESCO customers spend less and produce more. Whether digging deep within the earth, providing energy to pump oil, or building bridges and freeways, ESCO's employees and products help people, businesses and communities grow and prosper.
Our Edmonton Welding & Fabrication shop is seeking a Health & Safety Manager who will be responsible for maintaining, communicating and coordinating all aspects of ESCO’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs and initiatives, including some or all of the following: conducts environmental/safety audits, facility inspections, investigation, reporting and follow-up on accidents/incidents, communicates emergency response plans, preparation of required reports, application for required permits, and maintenance of compliance and safety records. Will conduct training and/or awareness programs and will drive continuous improvement of EHS practices.
This position will report to the Operations Manager and will be based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Lead efforts to develop, implement and improve the Health & Safety program
- Support implementation of ESCO’s culture of safety, whether on or off the job, so that it is shared by every employee and contractor of the company
- Set expectations and requirements for continuous EHS performance through active performance management/stewardship and trend analysis
- Ensure preparedness for emergencies through processes, structure and resources.
- Contribute to specific internal and external networks to share best practices, work on improvement activities and support high risk gaps
- Support the well-being of employees through the management of health and wellness programs
- Facilitate operational readiness reviews
- Conduct incident investigations, prepare reports and action follow-up
- Related Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in leadership and managing work teams
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 & 18001 would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced capability in or knowledge of EHS legislation, regulations, codes and practices
- Advanced leadership skills
- Expertise and knowledge of process safety processes and requirements and the development and implementation of management systems
- Skilled in risk assessment processes and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken. Able to communicate well with all levels of the organization and with diverse/international cultures
- Proven problem-solving skills, incident investigation skills and training as well as emergency management processes, requirements and structure
- EHS, COR, OHS and WCB auditing knowledge and experience
- WCB claims management experience
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager, ESCO Canada, 9510-56 Avenue, Edmonton Alberta, T6E 5W7
Fax: 780.413.4834 Email: via Indeed.ca