ESCO is a leading manufacturer of technically-rich metal wear-parts and components for mining, construction, power generation and aerospace applications. Throughout the world, our employees have made ESCO the customer's choice for quality, value and speed. For nearly a century, ESCO has delivered cutting-edge products, responsive service and field-tested solutions to customers' toughest problems.
ESCO designs better products, eliminates waste, drives down costs and empowers employees to pursue continuous improvements. The result: ESCO customers spend less and produce more. Whether digging deep within the earth, flying high at 35,000 feet, providing energy to pump oil, or building bridges and freeways, ESCO's employees and products help people, businesses and communities grow and prosper.
Our Edmonton & Nisku sites are seeking a Cost Accountant to provide financial expertise and advice to site management and corporate finance.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Prepare and analyze weekly and monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for reconciling key accounts including work in process, raw material and operating reserves.
- Ensure financial controls are in place to safe guard company assets.
- Responsible for completing monthly closing process.
- Communicate financial results and metrics to key Managers and provide suggestions on how to improve results.
- Coordinate monthly inventory cycle counts.
- Responsible for any ad-hoc reports that the plant may need including tracking key trends on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Participate and/or facilitate in process improvement events.
- Create and maintain forecasting models for a manufacturing site based on given tonnage levels.
- Create and maintain a rate model for Standard Costing that calculates labor and overhead rates.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting required.
- 2 –3 years of experience in manufacturing/cost accounting required.
- Knowledge of Oracle highly preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including advanced proficiency in Excel, Access or other database applications.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager, ESCO Nisku, 2323-4th Street, Nisku, Alberta, Canada, T9E 7W7
Fax: 780.955.4732 or apply by email via Indeed