Delta Controls is looking for a User Experience / User Interface Designer to join our Development Team.
The primary goal of the UI/UX Designer is to work closely with our cross-functional development teams to create simple, elegant, innovative and easy to use products that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Delta Controls has a broad product line, and as such, you can expect to work on everything from mobile and web apps to custom LCD displays for thermostats and automation control equipment. To succeed, you must be able to work on designs for a broad set of target devices and form factors.
In all cases, you will be responsible for the full gamut of User Experience design, from discovering use-cases, to developing UI designs, from creating rough sketches, to high fidelity, interactive wireframes and then working with front-end developers to ensure that the resulting product adheres to your UX design. To accomplish this you must be a UX champion, educator and diplomat!
To summarize, you will apply the Art and Science of UI/UX Design to help transform complex products using simple yet powerful user interfaces!
- A minimum of 2 years applied experience in user interface design
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Computer Science or other, relevant discipline
- Experience with one or more design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent drawing/mapping programs)
- Basic understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS
- Experience with cross-browser and mobile design
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and drawing / visual techniques
- Ability to work independently, and quickly change focus between multiple projects
- A portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate innovative, effective, user interface designs for complex software systems
- A portfolio highlighting artistic capabilities
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Familiarity with agile development
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Work with Customers , Product Managers and other Stakeholders to discover, analyze and document use-cases for new products
- Create user personas, user scenarios, and to develop concept models
- Identify usability issues in existing products and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, workflow diagrams, user interface sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Communicate and document design concepts as well as specifications to the development team
- Participate in the planning and execution of user testing, as well as the analysis and reporting of test results during different project phases
- Gain a deep understanding of Delta Controls’ business objectives, customers, product design, and competition
- Support development teams as they deliver products that implement your designs
- Design for a variety of platforms including web-based and mobile-interface and ensure consistencies
- Continually add to your understanding of UI/UX methods and technologies
Delta Controls Inc. is a world-leader in building automation systems with sales in more than 75 countries. For over 30 years Delta has been designing and manufacturing a wide range of HVAC, Lighting and Access controls to improve our clients comfort, security and energy savings.
The Delta Controls Product Development Department currently has more than 70 Developers and QA Specialists working on a wide range of products, from embedded controllers to centralized, web server applications.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including extended health coverage, and RRSP matching program, flexible work hours and on-site fitness facilities and programs.
Indeed - 5 months ago