The Shipper Receives assists with ensuring the smooth functioning of the warehouse by gathering and preparing shipments, arranging deliveries, receiving incoming shipments, placing items in inventory, and maintaining the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
1. RECEIVES INCOMING SHIPMENTS
- inspecting incoming goods for damage and noting damage on bill of lading.
- rejecting damaged goods or materials and advising Purchasing Clerk
- verifying, by comparing to packing slip, that materials received are as ordered in both type and quantity
- entering incoming shipments into the computer system
- unpacking, sorting and distributing incoming merchandise
- marking for identification, if necessary, and storing received items on floors, shelves, racking or in a convenient location for picking when needed.
- Ability to use walk behind stacker machine
2. PROCESSES OUTGOING SHIPMENTS
- assisting with loading and unloading goods from trucks
- picking items to be shipped by confirming quantities and catalogue numbers against picking slips
- packing, wrapping, boxing or crating materials to be shipped.
- preparing shipping records and bills of lading including posting weight and shipping charges in courier computer systems
- updating shipment confirmations in the computer system.
- obtaining pricing from transport companies
3. GENERAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE
- Keeping facility tidy and organized
- Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL REQUIRED
- High School diploma
- Warehouse experience
- Good physical strength
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and email
Please send your resume via email only to HR @ ESBE.com. No telephone inquiries or personal drop-ins.
We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.